Here's article on Monnas I read last night:-

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man

NRL's Monaghan shopped around again

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 8:24 PM

Michael Monaghan is again being shopped around the NRL in a bid to find the unhappy Manly hooker a permanent home in the No.7 jumper, just over a year after signing a new three-year deal with the Sea Eagles.

Shunted to dummy half following the arrival of Matt Orford at Brookvale Oval this year, Monaghan has been given permission by Manly management to see if there is any other club - either in the NRL or Super League - willing to give him a crack at halfback.

Monaghan almost left the Sea Eagles last year when it was announced Orford would be joining the club before club owner Max Delmege stepped in to ensure he was retained.

The 26-year-old had been linked with a move to North Queensland where he would have partnered Queensland Origin star Johnathan Thurston in the halves, but the Cowboys baulked at Monaghan's asking price after speaking to his manager Jim Banaghan.

"Jim and I did discuss that last week because we're trying to increase our depth in the halves," Cowboys chief executive Peter Parr said.

"But we've made a decision that we won't be pursuing Michael Monaghan.

"We'll continue to look around. There's no doubt that we still want to increase our depth in the halves.

"We'll continue our search. Where we end up, we're not so sure."

Manly executive chairman Paul Cummings said the Sea Eagles were happy for Monaghan to talk to other clubs but insisted he was still welcome at the club next year if nothing came of the negotiations.

"We have a contract with him for 2007-08," Cummings said.

"From our point of view if Michael wishes to pursue going to another club to play halfback we're happy to work with him.

"Michael and his manager Jim Banaghan requested permission from the club to negotiate with NRL and Super League clubs which we granted.

"Michael at that stage believed that he would see more play in the NRL or Super League in a halfback position elsewhere."

Neither Monaghan or Banaghan were available for comment.

With Jamie Lyon due to arrive at the Sea Eagles next year, there is a possibility Monaghan could find his first grade spot under threat in 2007, with impressive rookie Travis Burns also able to slot in at dummy half.

Even without moving Burns from five-eighth the Sea Eagles have plenty of cover at the hooking position with Shayne Dunley and Matt Ballin available.

With the Cowboys publicly pursuing a new halfback it appears Brett Firman's days in Townsville appear numbered.

The former Sydney Roosters and St George Illawarra playmaker is keen on a move back to Sydney after being unable to force his way into Graham Murray's side on a regular basis.

Meanwhile the Gold Coast is shaping as the next stop in Bulldogs prop Nate Myles' tour of NRL clubs with the Titans to become the latest of a long line of clubs to weigh-in with an offer for the Queensland Origin forward.

Melbourne, Sydney Roosters and Canberra are also in the running for Myles who met with Storm officials on Tuesday night.

He will head to the Gold Coast on Saturday after playing in Friday night's blockbuster against St George Illawarra.

"We've still got a few more options to weigh up but the meeting went really well with the Storm last night," Myles said.

"It was great to meet Craig (Bellamy) and Robbie Kearns was there and the CEO, it was good experience to meet them.

"We've got the game Friday night and we're hopefully going to travel up to Brisbane and meet the Gold Coast as well on Saturday, but my main focus at the moment is just to get over the Dragons on Friday night."

The Roosters are believed to be the favourites to snare the 21-year-old's signature, but Myles said the Bulldogs also remained in the hunt.
Source: AAP

It seems to me as though... Manly may have had a word to Monoghan and said that when Jamie Lyon arrives he will be playing 5/8th and Travis Burns moving into the hooking role hence monoghan looking elsewhere now!!

Any takers???

I reckon this is still related to last year and Monagahan commanding $240 when Lyon, Orford, Bell etc are commanding big salaries. He just isn't worth that much for what he offers.

His manager is probably in his ear letting him know that he could be the main man at some other club.

Let's just let him go ... I have no time for drama queens. :violin:

Says he wants more NRL gametime. Fair call, imagine watching Dunley every week stealing your game time

I can't believe as bad as he goes at times, he demands more game time. I think if he was at another club, he would be bought for depth alone.
Point in case - Nth QLD want him for depth value...and "baulked" at his price and said yep, thanks, we'll look elsewhere.

Should show the TRUE value of our $240k man.

Ryan - they were also going to release firman and now it looks like he will stay. Bug change in need there.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4