Here's a new one: Widdop to Manly in 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hate to rain on the parade, but Gareth has lost a lot of speed due to a hip dislocation last year, and is one of the reasons the Dragons are struggling to score points. He can appear rudderless at times and is not a creative player. He can play structured, but far too often he does this ridiculous crabbing across field and running his outside men out of room (a la Scott Prince). He also kicks the ball down the throat of wingers and fullbacks on a weekly basis.

This guy is not the same player that left Melbourne; he is a foil for a really good half, not a leader.

I'll also say, this is purely a rumour started on the Dragons forum, because they heard on the radio that a big name player would be released. Someone suggested "Widdop" and away they went with it.

I have a sneaking suspicion though that if he is released he will find it impossible to resist the allure of Brad Arthur and the Eels. Sure they signed Foz and also have Norman contracted as a 5/8, but it would be very Parra to sign another 5/8 to maybe 8 or 900K then let BA work his magic...

I'll also say, this is purely a rumour started on the Dragons forum, because they heard on the radio that a big name player would be released. Someone suggested "Widdop" and away they went with it.

This rumour didn't start on their forum however it is a rumour nonetheless.

It was mentioned on Triple M NRL at the weekend that he wasn't happy & said that many clubs had expressed interest.

I assume with Manly's current halves predicament that would mean we are one of those interested parties.

I for one think he's the best 5/8 option that's been tossed up.

This rumour didn't start on their forum however it is a rumour nonetheless.

It was mentioned on Triple M NRL at the weekend that he wasn't happy & said that many clubs had expressed interest.

I assume with Manly's current halves predicament that would mean we are one of those interested parties.

I for one think he's the best 5/8 option that's been tossed up.

You should watch him play now; he has been terrible for St George and has visibly lost a lot of the zip that he was renown for at Melbourne.

That's because he's surrounded by F****** Retards.
He is doing a good job of playing like one too. How is he any less accountable than the others? They had enough ball in good field position to win 10 games of football against Melbourne and the Tigers respectively, and he came up with diddly squat.

He is doing a good job of playing like one too. How is he any less accountable than the others? They had enough ball in good field position to win 10 games of football against Melbourne and the Tigers respectively, and he came up with diddly squat.

If His form has dropped then thats all the more reason to get him at an affordable price and not for overs like everyone is suggesting. Sign him up while his form is patchy and then get him back to his best football. maybee his rehab hasnt been helped by a poor offseason and the trip across to england for the world club challenge

i still think this guy is world class and could allow us to at 500k to get him plus spend a little more on a better half back and still save 700k on the package offered to cherry and foz

You should watch him play now; he has been terrible for St George and has visibly lost a lot of the zip that he was renown for at Melbourne.
Benji has stifled him as have his forwards, we don't need him to be fast but we do need a 5/8 who can kick and a goal kicker ASAP @:cool:

• 👍
Reactions: Baz
Benji has stifled him as have his forwards, we don't need him to be fast but we do need a 5/8 who can kick and a goal kicker ASAP @:cool:
I would also say that Benji (as much as I don't rate him) has been more effective for St George than Widdop. He has kicked to space more often than Widdop and has more try assists....and that says a lot, because Marshall is rubbish.

Cronk has had to play his ass off ever since Widdop left the storm. They missed him a lot more than they may have thought. Cooper has had to try and play both sides of the field pretty much ever since. Of all the options at 6, I'd take Widdop in a flash!

Rorters are signing him up with their bottomless Cap dollars

Widdop was effective till Benji was signed.
to an extent I agree with you. His form dipped around the time Marshall was signed. They do patrol different sides of the field though, so I find it hard to attribute Widdop's form with the signing of Marshall. Landing a cross field bomb 10m from the spot it should land is hardly the guy standing on the other side of the fields fault.

Certainly better than the Bubbler!!

Yep, but he hasn't fired a shot in two season a dragoons.

The reason Manly (or most clubs) wont have the Bubbler on is its a massive risk, mainly with sponsorship. Companies dont want their brands tarnished by dickheads.

I agree with other comments. Benji Marshall stifled his impact at the Dragqueens. With better coaching and team around him, he would help our team a great deal. You don't need great speed to be a class 5/8 Wally Lewis, Cliff Lyons to name a couple.

I agree with other comments. Benji Marshall stifled his impact at the Dragqueens. With better coaching and team around him, he would help our team a great deal. You don't need great speed to be a class 5/8 Wally Lewis, Cliff Lyons to name a couple.
Yeah, Foran was never the quickest 5/8, and even with Widdop's injuries, he is probably no slower than Foz.

Benji completely stifles Widdop's game. Gasnier mentioned it before the Raiders game and although Gas is generally clueless he is good at analysing his own team. Benji hogs the ball, destroys any sort of attacking structures that have been set up and overrules Widdop on most plays. You can also tell that the poor lads confidence has been completely destroyed by that crap club. If we got him, he'd be surrounded by much better players and given a solid structure and framework by Joey and Tooves. Then grab one of Drinkwater, Moses, Elgey, Cornish and we'll be fine.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6