Hasler's trail of carnage split club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
WAMF said:
"Hasler said he was happy with the club's playing roster and there were no plans to lure Manly stars to Belmore".

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hasler-dons-blue-and-white-20111114-1nei4.html#ixzz1dddeJkW4

Yeah we believe you

No he means they will make their own way across and approach the bulldogs all on their own. He will have nothing to do with it. Just like he had nothing to do with Cleal and Egan going.

Jonesyv2 said:
Matabele two can play this game, someone in your position as a moderator on this site should be impartial and refrain from slinging matches with people who have had the same opinion as the other posters before me in this thread.

I stick by what i have said and don't feel it to be out of line given the information available to everyone, if it's so out of line delete it along with everyone else's reference to the same conclusions.

You must have a tone of spare time on your hands, sitting waiting to troll everyone of my posts, as i said keep it up it's pretty amusing and everyone can see through your motives.

I'm not aware of any game being played, not would I describe my conduct as a slinging match. Mine is a general comment on what many here would understand to be Board member propriety. Your responsibilities and the expectations of discretion applicable to you are far higher than one might ascribe to a moderator of an unofficial fan forum.

What is coming through though is your increasing defensiveness. I see no need to delete your content, because it damns you.

I'm sorry but i am entitled to my opinion just as every other poster here is including you (no matter what my position is), i fail to see how my comments differ from any others in this thread, yet you single me out ignoring over 2 pages of comments discussing the same article.

My post above was pointing out that i too could call you on your position, you have obviously missed the entire point of me mentioning that (maybe we need an irony font). My opinion of you has always been very low and it continues to drop.

WAMF said:
"Hasler said he was happy with the club's playing roster and there were no plans to lure Manly stars to Belmore".

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hasler-dons-blue-and-white-20111114-1nei4.html#ixzz1dddeJkW4

Maybe Des doesn't want to poke the hornets nest for fear of more unfavourable disclosures.

Jonesyv2 said:
I'm sorry but i am entitled to my opinion just as every other poster here is including you (no matter what my position is), i fail to see how my comments differ from any others in this thread, yet you single me out ignoring over 2 pages of comments discussing the same article.

My post above was pointing out that i too could call you on your position, you have obviously missed the entire point of me mentioning that (maybe we need an irony font). My opinion of you has always been very low and it continues to drop.

Jonesy you are kidding right?

Comparing a position on the board to a position as a moderator on a free fan site?

That just shows how truly naive you are.

A moderator has no reason to stay impartial in this debate, they are entitled to their opinion, my decision to stay somewhat impartial simply comes out of my position as the owner of the site.

Forgive me but I trust Matabele's business acumen and credentials far in excess of yours

Jonesyv2 said:

You really don't get it, do you? You are subject to a far higher level of probity and expectation due to the position you hold. It matters not a jot what your opinion of me is. What matters is that you serve the best interests of the Board you represent, and it's debatable they were well served by your revealing that they clandestinely leaked emails and performance appraisals to a major metropolitan newspaper.

In the context i used it i would say it was a fair comparison i took your view of impartiality to apply to moderators (an assumption i will no longer make).

In any case i stand by my opinion and i am entitled to it if Matabele feels the need to twist what i say to suit his needs so be it. I would say the posters here are smart enough to realise this.

Jonesyv2 said:
In the context i used it i would say it was a fair comparison i took your view of impartiality to apply to moderators (an assumption i will no longer make).

In any case i stand by my opinion and i am entitled to it if Matabele feels the need to twist what i say to suit his needs so be it. I owuld say the posters here are smart enough to realise this

Given your original post was bought to my attention by several other posters I can only assume that I'm far from alone in being perturbed by the indiscretion.

Don't worry matabele i have done what all the Journo's do on twitter and put a disclaimer in my signature. I also Bolded your name so you can see it easily.

I know this has been asked by Kiwi Eagle before but I missed the answer.

Matabele - Just curious - is there anybody or anything about the Sea Eagles that you like or (even better!) approve of?

Players, songs, piece of merchandise perhaps...anything?

Just that I've looked back through your posts (not all of course as there are millions!) and I can't find a nice thing said about our club, fans, officials, players or anything?

Are you really Dean Ritchie?

Don't you worry about me and Jonesy - we are fully accountable and answerable to the supporters on the hill, in the club, on the bus and around the northern beaches - Accordingly, we are well aware of our obligations to the fan base and club as a whole?

Case in point - I even had to discuss the current situation when I was getting my hair cut on the weekend with the lady holding a very sharp pair of scissors!

We can't post and hide or run away and pretend we are someone different?

Dan - might I suggest an "Always look on the bright side of life" initiative - where all posters have to be positive and talk up our club for a day?

I was talking to family in the UK this morning about the WCC and some are planning to join the MWTS in Leeds so I'm looking forward to the trip for an extra reason now - that's my bit!

Jonesyv2 said:

In any case i stand by my opinion and i am entitled to it if Matabele feels the need to twist what i say to suit his needs so be it. I would say the posters here are smart enough to realise this.

Even in the context you are using, it makes no sense.

I think the most telling part of the entire article is the last sentence about board members vs the head coach.

Which the only conclusion to be drawn is exactly what has been said all along, there was a clash between des and the board, and instead of seeing success as a measure of behaviour and performance...well we know the result

vidmar said:
Dan - might I suggest an "Always look on the bright side of life" initiative - where all posters have to be positive and talk up our club for a day?

I was talking to family in the UK this morning about the WCC and some are planning to join the MWTS in Leeds so I'm looking forward to the trip for an extra reason now - that's my bit!

The world needs all sorts, and policing the site is damn well hard enough at the moment

vidmar said:
I know this has been asked by Kiwi Eagle before but I missed the answer.

Matabele - Just curious - is there anybody or anything about the Sea Eagles that you like or (even better!) approve of?

Players, songs, piece of merchandise perhaps...anything?

Well generally I'm accused of being pro-Penn, so it can't be all negative.

I am confident Toovey will be a good coach (something I expressed earlier this morning) and I look forward to what he will bring.

My favourite players are:

The Stewart brothers
Kite, Galuvao

Actually, there's few players I don't like. I'd prefer Rose kept his weight down and mouth shut but that's probably the most I have to say against a player at the moment.

I think the "Garden Shed" song is classic, though I know some here loathe it. I think the membership packages etc have lifted considerably over the past year and was impressed with the way they were pushed heavily in GF week.

How's that for a start?

[/quote]

I think the "Garden Shed" song is classic, though I know some here loathe it.

[/quote]

Works well except when we sing it at Suncorp because their Garden Shed is a whole **** load bigger than ours!!

Excellent, Excellent!

Still had to put a little "I don't like" in there - but, overall a good try...?

When it all seems to be too much - just remember that you are supporting the premiers and that things will get better?

This whole saga has been explained to me today as follows.

the old "gravy train" that has been enjoyed by many is coming to and end, and some of those onboard ain't too happy.

The Times They Are a-Changin'.

I guess that's a start. A 'good' coach', hmmm, that's OK. DSM5, a good guy, now you're getting warmer.

Did I read that in there somewhere?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8