Hasler's trail of carnage split club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Des was completely complicit in all of this, why hasn't Tooves come out and criticised Des, why have certain staff members walked from the club. Why is crusher siding with Des.

There are too many unanswered questions and it is not as simple as it is being portrayed.

All I am asking is please people keep an open mind, without the emotion, be independent regardless of the faction you support.

DSM5 I have come to expect of you only offer belittling comments, it is time to respect that others have a view point different to yours. It is common knowledge that Penn and the board cannot work together.

DSM5 said:
Oh, OK then One-eyed, I'll just go over to the Emirates and get ourselves a new owner. Easy peasy. And while I'm there I'll get myself a new board. I happen to know a whole conga line of billionaires wanting to own a rugby league club. Simple really. NOT...Get a grip my man. The owner and board will see us through this current malaise and we will rise like the phoenix. All power to the Toovs.

Do you think Emirates would sponsor us? Now I am being serious about this, Penn wanted to play the WCC in Dubai, maybe that where we should be chasing a major sponsor, over to you Mark of MWTS, there is an opportunity here.

Good old De$$ie thought he was too cool for school, but Penn and the board dished out a painful lesson.

De$ tried to play hardball and bully whoever he had to to get his way and it's all blown up on his face. His reputation is in tatters after what's come out today his place in manly folklore is forever tarnished.

But with everything that's come out it makes me confident that the team will mostly stay intact and I'm sure the team will enjoy being coached by Tooves.

De$ carried on about how important it was to stick together, but after the reading the leaked emails, it blatantly obvious it was all about the $$$$ and nothing else. Honestly can't see anyone following him over to the Dogs.

Looks like your on your own De$.

Earnie the Eagle said:
DSM5 said:
Oh, OK then One-eyed, I'll just go over to the Emirates and get ourselves a new owner. Easy peasy. And while I'm there I'll get myself a new board. I happen to know a whole conga line of billionaires wanting to own a rugby league club. Simple really. NOT...Get a grip my man. The owner and board will see us through this current malaise and we will rise like the phoenix. All power to the Toovs.

Do you think Emirates would sponsor us? Now I am being serious about this, Penn wanted to play the WCC in Dubai, maybe that where we should be chasing a major sponsor, over to you Mark of MWTS, there is an opportunity here.

We are one of Emirates biggest supporters in Queensland, I could ensure that David Perry could get an introduction right to the top if needed BUT don;t we have a major sponsor already

OneEyedEagle said:
If Des was completely complicit in all of this, why hasn't Tooves come out and criticised Des, why have certain staff members walked from the club. Why is crusher siding with Des.

There are too many unanswered questions and it is not as simple as it is being portrayed.

All I am asking is please people keep an open mind, without the emotion, be independent regardless of the faction you support.
You speak too much sense for most on these forums OEE. Most people just want an easy target or enemy to blame, forgetting that the papers have been full or part-truths and rubbish on this matter for weeks. Easy to blame Des and move right on, much harder to see the grey between teh black and white.

Margaret Thatcher managed to do the same - call war on Argentina and it all forgot what a shocker she was in the patriotism of the common enemy. Des is now the common enemy who destroyed the club!!

For me, it is a bit too easy - as OEE there are too many questions not answered and sadly they won't be.

[/quote]

Mark, maybe Des is not pursuing action as he cares about the club, I may be naive but I very much doubt that.

[/quote]

OEE

Part 1....yeah right he really cares about Manly
Part 2....yep you are naive

Mate I am NOT picking a fight with you, not my go, but if you can't see what's transpired these last 2 days then you are indeed "one of the sheep"

I won't knock Des for his onfield performances, 3 GF's for 2 wins is one hell of a record.

BUT what he's done this last 5 weeks just isn't Manly....we stick together.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
DSM5 said:

We are one of Emirates biggest supporters in Queensland, I could ensure that David Perry could get an introduction right to the top if needed BUT don;t we have a major sponsor already
Don't we need a shorts sponsor?

OneEyedEagle said:
What a crock of Shiite.

Sheep! Sheep! Sheep!

People in crowds behave just like sheep, blindly following one or two people who seem to know where they are going or what they are saying.

Ive noticed numerous people sway with the breeze during this whole episode but I dont think this "sheep" comment is worthwhile.

The connotation is that people who are "sheep" blindly go somewhere & are ill informed. But in my case I say no to that. Just the other day I was in a crowd and followed the people in front of me without question. I was at the airport and went straight to the baggage carousel & out of the airport. It worked fine for me !

voicefromthehill said:
Don't we need a shorts sponsor?

I will accept a short sponsor. Just so long as he has long arms.

OneEyedEagle said:

Tooves knows how much the players love Hasler, and would not want to start his coaching career by getting offside with the players were he to bag Des out.
Certain staff members have walked from the club for $$$$$$$$. Something the bulldogs have more of than Manly.

bones said:
OneEyedEagle said:

Tooves knows how much the players love Hasler, and would not want to start his coaching career by getting offside with the players were he to bag Des out.
Certain staff members have walked from the club for $$$$$$$$. Something the bulldogs have more of than Manly.
In addition Tooves has stated he is friends with Hasler. Friends don't always have to agree - but when they don't the respectfully tell their friend that in private, not in public.

OneEyedEagle said:

DSM5 I have come to expect of you only offer belittling comments, it is time to respect that others have a view point different to yours. It is common knowledge that Penn and the board cannot work together.

Tooves hasn't said anything because he is a) friends with Des and doesn't stab a friend in the back, unlike Des himself; and b) the coach that has to have all the players on side. Ripping into Des will make things worse for him.

Other members of staff have walked because they probably see Des the way that we did before a week ago, or the money as well. Think about it. Cleal and Egan are the only ones that have gone so far. Cleal has gone for the same reason as Des: he wanted control, the Board wanted to get more involved in the process (which is fair enough), he spat the dummy and left. Egan was probably hoping to get the job of head coach but when Tooves got it he decided to go with Des rather than stay. Why? money, maybe he saw him as the Messiah, I don't know.

Crusher is siding with Des because he is a friend of his, not just a work colleague. It all comes down to the power that Des was able to have at that club. It was at a point where the Board were not allowed to talk to the players or the staff. If they wanted to do this they had to go through DEs first. On one hand that stopped a lot of stress from occurring with the players but it did cause an issue here where the staff and players became loyal to Des because they saw him as the leader, not the Board. He says the Board are arseholes and everyone follows. Even people on this forum believed him, and still believe him.

All of this is mentioned in previous articles over the past couple of weeks or so. Yes it may not be true but the article from last night put together a lot of pieces of the puzzle. Lets just hope no one else goes.

One Eyed, its sounding more and more that you are hoping these reports are wrong. Why? I don't know. However, I'd like to know how you will behave if they are true and the Board did nothing wrong. Is it so hard to believe that this all came down to Des having too much control and wanting more money, while the Board wasn't willing to give either of these for the good of the Manly - Warringah Sea Eagles?

I support Manly as a club.I don't support coaches or players as individuals.I'm sick of this Days of our Lives ****.If any coach or player doesn't want to be there F##K OFF NOW!!!!You are not bigger than the club ..we will bounce back.I'd rather lose every game with players who want to be there than win with a bunch of whinging Prima Donnas!!
WE ARE MANLY...WE ARE NOT THE BULLDOGS!!!

Mark, maybe Des is not pursuing action as he cares about the club, I may be naive but I very much doubt that.

[/quote]

OEE

Part 1....yeah right he really cares about Manly
Part 2....yep you are naive

Mate I am NOT picking a fight with you, not my go, but if you can't see what's transpired these last 2 days then you are indeed "one of the sheep"

I won't knock Des for his onfield performances, 3 GF's for 2 wins is one hell of a record.

BUT what he's done this last 5 weeks just isn't Manly....we stick together.
[/quote]

So now in the papers we trust?

OneEyedEagle said:
DSM5 I have come to expect of you only offer belittling comments, it is time to respect that others have a view point different to yours.

Ain't that the truth. DSM5 is on the cusp of a forum holiday.

Whisky, strong words but I agree with you. I support the Manly Warringah football club over any one individual player, coach or official. I can't believe the amount of so called Manly fans that say they are now walking away from the club (this affliction is most prevelant on the Manly facebook page).

The Manly players & coaching staff led by Tooves deserve our support as they prepare for a big season in 2012!

whisky said:
I support Manly as a club.I don't support coaches or players as individuals.I'm sick of this Days of our Lives s**t.If any coach or player doesn't want to be there F##K OFF NOW!!!!You are not bigger than the club ..we will bounce back.I'd rather lose every game with players who want to be there than win with a bunch of whinging Prima Donnas!!
WE ARE MANLY...WE ARE NOT THE BULLDOGS!!!
Spot on whisky i've been having the same arguements with my mates the last few weeks.

What i will say is i was at a mates restaurant early in the year which the players & the coaching staff were regular visitors.To me des & zorb looked fine i'm not buying into this for that reason.

Jonesyv2 said:
Hasler wanted a media fight, and a media fight is what he got. The club was forced to release the information to clear their name in the whole debacle.

This all could of been avoided if hasler left quietly but it was clear it couldnt as he wanted out of 2012, he picked a fight so he could get out and thought he would throw punches and manly would sit back and not take aim to clear their name? please he dug his own grave and now has to live with it.

Sad time for the club but i think this will make everyone under toovs stronger.

So here we have a Director of the Football Club admitting that confidential information on Hasler has been released by someone in the club to media. Interesting.

Matabele said:
Jonesyv2 said:
Hasler wanted a media fight, and a media fight is what he got. The club was forced to release the information to clear their name in the whole debacle.

This all could of been avoided if hasler left quietly but it was clear it couldnt as he wanted out of 2012, he picked a fight so he could get out and thought he would throw punches and manly would sit back and not take aim to clear their name? please he dug his own grave and now has to live with it.

Sad time for the club but i think this will make everyone under toovs stronger.

So here we have a Director of the Football Club admitting that confidential information on Hasler has been released by someone in the club to media. Interesting.

And your solution would be ?

My position has nothing to do with it Matabele, looking @ that article it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out where the info came from. You could get a job @ the telegraph with your spin.

Are you saying i should stop posting my opinion here because every post i make will be hit with a snide remark from you because i am on the FC board yet others are allowed to form the same opinion without you having a dig.

Your continual attacks on me are becoming a joke Matabele and frankly you look more and more pathetic each time, keep it up though it's good entertainment.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6