Hasler's trail of carnage split club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What happened to Kelly Egan? I thought he signed with Dogs as assistant coach to Hasler? But I read today Dymock is keeping his job.

OOE, where are you coming from? All I said was 'get a grip mate' when you wrote Penn should go. How is that abusive? And you haven't explained how beneficial to the club would it be if our major sponsor up and went. That'd be a good look at the moment. And Matabele, you can ban me. As if I care.

Brissie Kid said:
What happened to Kelly Egan? I thought he signed with Dogs as assistant coach to Hasler? But I read today Dymock is keeping his job.

Dymock will be at the table next to Des, Egan will be under the table in front of Des

Jonesyv2 said:
My position has nothing to do with it Matabele, looking @ that article it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out where the info came from. You could get a job @ the telegraph with your spin.

Are you saying i should stop posting my opinion here because every post i make will be hit with a snide remark from you because i am on the FC board yet others are allowed to form the same opinion without you having a dig.

Your continual attacks on me are becoming a joke Matabele and frankly you look more and more pathetic each time, keep it up though it's good entertainment.

This forum sees a lot of snide insinuation that Zorba leaks to the Tele but I've yet to see quantitative proof.

You on the other hand have delivered it in spades, under the guise of "no choice". Some would argue that there were many other choices. Loose lips sink ships mate, someone in your position ought to be a bit more discreet, particularly in the current acrimonious environment.

Enough already with the silly threats Matas. They're tedious, repetitive, boring and quite frankly stupid. There will be no litigation from anyone over this mess. The main actors have exited the stage. The donkeys can bray, but the caravan's moved on.

I'm not making any threats. I too hope the show moves on. I am confident Toovey will be a good coach. The threats of a player to dish dirt on Board members is infantile, churlish and counter productive. But clearly with precedent.

Matabele said:
Jonesyv2 said:
Hasler wanted a media fight, and a media fight is what he got. The club was forced to release the information to clear their name in the whole debacle.

This all could of been avoided if hasler left quietly but it was clear it couldnt as he wanted out of 2012, he picked a fight so he could get out and thought he would throw punches and manly would sit back and not take aim to clear their name? please he dug his own grave and now has to live with it.

Sad time for the club but i think this will make everyone under toovs stronger.

So here we have a Director of the Football Club admitting that confidential information on Hasler has been released by someone in the club to media. Interesting.

**** stirrer.. :D

Kiwi Eagle said:
Brissie Kid said:

Dymock will be at the table next to Des, Egan will be under the table in front of Des

One of your best KE.

Okay I think it's time for us to take a trip to Bunnings, buy some timber and build a bridge. In footy players, coaches and staff come and go, Footy is just as much a business now as it is a sport and the mighty dollars speaks loudly.

What ever happened behind closed doors and in emails on both sides should be left behind closed doors. regardless of what went on, it was poor form for whoever leaked those emails and I think they should come out and say it was them.

As I mentioned footy is a business and most leaders in business are pretty ruthless/ arrogant/ tough/ uncompromising etc which is in part why they are succesful. Obvousily Des was too. And at the end of the day he gave all as a coach and delievered two premerships.

The board, journo's, other club supporters and our own fans can say what they like about him but at the end of the day he is on a lot more money than he would of got at Manly and doing the same job, so he probably couldn't give a toss - good luck to him.

He's gone, lets move on and focus on 2012 under the leadership of one of our greats.

Where's the 'precedent' where a player threatens to dish dirt on a board? This is the first I've heard of it. I love you Matas, but your posts always end with a sting in their tail, just enough to leave a little taste of bile, and for the life of me I can't see why.

Good post Pearso

I am a big Des fan and if he tried to take a few of his support staff with him, bearing in mind that he employed them in the first place I can forgive him. I realise that this breeched his contract but still I think he was within his rights.

That said I still can't see myself ever cheering for the Bulldogs (maybe when they play Parra or the Storm)

Matabele two can play this game, someone in your position as a moderator on this site should be impartial and refrain from slinging matches with people who have had the same opinion as the other posters before me in this thread.

I stick by what i have said and don't feel it to be out of line given the information available to everyone, if it's so out of line delete it along with everyone else's reference to the same conclusions.

You must have a tone of spare time on your hands, sitting waiting to troll everyone of my posts, as i said keep it up it's pretty amusing and everyone can see through your motives.

In light of how things progressed more favorably for the club from Saturday on. The sunday articles smashing des appeared ill timed, because he had already waved the white flag. The problem is when you leak info, you can't get it back. Both sides should have sat down and sorted it outside the media, than release a joint statement. The dirt is out there now for forever

Gorgeous George said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Brissie Kid said:

One of your best KE.
Yes i agree it is one of his best , The question i have is, will there be any knives on the table ???

So this all make sense now, Des I bet has been talking to the Dogs and the money he got was bigger than the papers reported.

Lets move on now in Tooves we trust.

UP, I imagine Des paid their salaries as well. I fail to see how an employee can breach his contract, and still stay within his 'rights'. Sitting in a car outside an employees house for a couple of hours seems to me to be a mite excessive in the employment stakes. Seems a tad excessive.

I just saw a photo of Des on the SMH website in his new dogs attire and find it very hard to look at. The article states his intentions with his new team is to make them competitive, fark!. Its really tough to comprehend everything that has transpired. The damage has not ended with our club yet either, sheesh! This has all really taken the luster of our winning season. It feels like years ago. I know we will do well with Toov's. I can't help myself but I hope this all back fires for Des and his dogs.

"Hasler said he was happy with the club's playing roster and there were no plans to lure Manly stars to Belmore".

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hasler-dons-blue-and-white-20111114-1nei4.html#ixzz1dddeJkW4

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4