Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Didn't your new best mate and super coach Dessie also just quit and walk away ???

PSS .... I am and will be supportive of Des ..... but your nonsensical self-justification and bullshiit is unbelievable at times ....
You are also supportive of Trent and your nonsensical self-justification of why you would be supportive of Trent who did nothing for our club is astonishing !!!
At least Des was a Manly boy who bled maroon and white , won premierships playing and coaching .
What has Trent done for our club for you to support him ?
What is so Manly about Trent for you to support him ?

Interesting view ..... I have always owned my own companies and was fortunate enough never to have staff or employee problems ...

My opinion of Barrett goes back to his playing days when I had a bit to do with Rugby League/Sport and met him often ...... Baz is an honest fair dinkum country boy with principles and character .... I assure you some of the motivations attributed to him would be Alien concepts dreamt up by city folk ...he would have been out of his depth and comfort zone dealing with someone like Penn ... I can't imagine the circumstances and frustrations that lead him to hand in his notice on his career .....

Opinions of his coaching are one thing ...... but painting him as some evil machavaelian fiqure playing a game of deceit for personal gain are nonsense ....
Your opinion of Trent
You are entitled to Your opinion of Trent
You can colour Trent as much as you like .
The fact is most supporters do not have any respect for Trent after the way he has conducted him self and the way he under performed and dragged our club that consisted of elite players down to the level of the spoon .
I challenge you to put up a poll to find out how many supporters still support Trent and you will find a very suprising few will be lovers of Trent like your self .
I personally hope he never sets foot in the joint .That's my opinion . ;)

Your opinion of Trent
You are entitled to Your opinion of Trent
You can colour Trent as much as you like .
The fact is most supporters do not have any respect for Trent after the way he has conducted him self and the way he under performed and dragged our club that consisted of elite players down to the level of the spoon .
I challenge you to put up a poll to find out how many supporters still support Trent and you will find a very suprising few will be lovers of Trent like your self .
I personally hope he never sets foot in the joint .That's my opinion . ;)

Ignorance often clammers for safety and reassurance under the blanket of concensus ..... I don't require that the majority of people agree with me ..... it would be nice though to consider that peope would think without the debilitating hinderance of bum pain .... but alas ....

... and then there are those that are just not suited for or are any good at thinking ... independent or otherwise .....

Baz still had the option of showing his preference of backing his own coaching perceived ability and attempt to tough it out for the remainder of his contract. Again was probably getting on the outer and losing support with the team "s overall on field performances and results this season and may have felt that he would be better served then putting his own interests ahead of the club and then considered bailing out with the best outcome in his favour as his first preference then . He or his manager certainly did not show any naivety with that contract termination clause in his favour , again he had some legitimate grounds for some dissatisfaction with the resources issue but no where near to the extent to then associate it with his over all coaching role and record expected . Don "t think that his general character is being subject to any specific criticism now but again just think that Baz :s choice now to mainly consider his own interests to the detriment of the Manly club is hardly a good look at all .

Ignorance often clammers for safety and reassurance under the blanket of concensus ..... I don't require that the majority of people agree with me ..... it would be nice though to consider that peope would think without the debilitating hinderance of bum pain .... but alas ....

... and then there are those that are just not suited for or are any good at thinking ... independent or otherwise .....
Good on you @Woodsie . Stick to your stance . You are entitled to that

Maybe you can start a BBB ...

Bring Back Barrett campaign .

Good luck with that ;)

He or his manager certainly did not show any naivety with that contract termination clause in his favour ,

See Al .... this is the sort of misleading and incorrect nonsense that keeps getting repeated ... and opinions formed on nonsense ...

The clause was NOT in Barrett's favour ... both sides were req'd to give 12 months notice ...... and both parties would have to agree to it ..... and there is no evidence to suggest that this clause wasn't put in at the insistence of Penn. ...

and why the hell wouldn't Barrett be looking after his own interests???? ...... are you seriously suggesting that he owes the club that didn't provide the resources that they promised in order to get him to extend for a further 2 years any favours ....

Didn't anyone read the following story about Beattie?

The latest word on the Beattie expansion plan has come to me second-hand, but from a trusted source. Beattie has told people he can see the Sea Eagles in Perth.

Interesting from the NRL CEO.... I've called him out on Twitter. Doubt he'll respond though.
I noticed that when I read on from the Des article. No wonder we are getting stiffed from the NRL if their only basis for expansion is the demise of Manly to Perth. Let's win some trophies and send that farker to hell!!

Interesting view ..... I have always owned my own companies and was fortunate enough never to have staff or employee problems ...

My opinion of Barrett goes back to his playing days when I had a bit to do with Rugby League/Sport and met him often ...... Baz is an honest fair dinkum country boy with principles and character .... I assure you some of the motivations attributed to him would be Alien concepts dreamt up by city folk ...he would have been out of his depth and comfort zone dealing with someone like Penn ... I can't imagine the circumstances and frustrations that lead him to hand in his notice on his career .....

Opinions of his coaching are one thing ...... but painting him as some evil machavaelian fiqure playing a game of deceit for personal gain are nonsense ....
I am sure he is a nice bloke hence all the love for him from DCE, Jake & Tom.
However, to extend his contract with a clause to be able to give 12 months notice and then without the ink even being dry, resign half way through a season. He then complains to the media about lack of resources. That lacks integrity and zero care factor for his beloved players and the fans. We never heard Tooves airing any dirty laundry. That is a man with integrity

Ex CEO Grant Mayer said this on Twitter last night, words something like “ there would have had to be major peacepipes smoked by the Penn’s to even see Des’s name mentioned in the same breath as Manly over the last few weeks and wouldn’t be the case if ANY other decent coach was available “.

Interesting don’t you think?
There's no doubt that the Penns have gone into major scrambling damage control after Madge told them to shove it. I think they've ginally gone "here Lyall sort this sh*t out" and the fan/club faithful pressure has resulted in this development. Lyall has realised if they appoint another outsider that there'll be mass membership decline. They're DESperate alright to be considering the long haired one. In fact if Toovey comes back too then they are literally in panic mode.

David clammer? Clamour. Consensus

Mentioned this in another thread. Do you reckon William Hopoate may be a target? Lined up with Des at the dogs after a poor eels stint, is only 26 and can fill any position in the backline (our weakness atm). I reckon it’s a good move, he’d be sick of the dogs by now you’d think, no real signs of significant success over there and may see this Des return as manly’s revival.

I’m keeping my eye out on this

I'm sure this has been said (but i'm not reading 16 pages today), NO HASLER.
I rather we give it to anyone else, and I f***ing hate the idea of Cartwright.

You cant let this b*tch com back after what he did to us.
Have some f***ing pride Manly.

I dont know whether to like or dislike this.

I can sure see where you are coming from. And yeah a big **** You to Hasler for his treatment of Manly

But on the other hand we are desperate beyond Desperate.

Dont forget it was Des who masterminded the back-ended contracts to help us compete against the Salary Cap cheats. Of course it blew up in our face but what price do we put on 2 premierships.

He went within one game of repeating the same at the Dogs.

Northern suburbs 'bear' keeps a watchful eye out for the return of Des.......

comedy-wildlife-awards-polar-bear-camera.adapt.676.1.jpg

Mentioned this in another thread. Do you reckon William Hopoate may be a target? Lined up with Des at the dogs after a poor eels stint, is only 26 and can fill any position in the backline (our weakness atm). I reckon it’s a good move, he’d be sick of the dogs by now you’d think, no real signs of significant success over there and may see this Des return as manly’s revival.

Will Hopoate is on pretty decent money at the Dogs as far as I know. Would be good to have him back but not at any price.

Suspect Will is on massive coin at the Dogs? Hence they couldn't keep both he and Mybe?

Will, could have been a Manly great. But I think that ship sailed unfortunately.

Jamil on the other hand, it's just another off season if i am talking him up for firsts.

If he hasnt already signed with the dogs, he appears to have matured as a player up in Brissy.

He not that fiery, uncontrolled kid trying to make out he's a tough man any more.

He's now a Dale Finucane type, small forward workhorse.

Our club was chasing Keegan Hipgrave for 2019 and missed out.

In Jamil we would have a home grown version of that player. And Manly needs to get it's Manlyness BACK.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10