Hasler or Barrett NOW

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He chose his playing squad and chose who to retain, lichaa and mbye are far from aging just crap players and Des also implemented his own style/ tactics which has failed miserably. Karma's a biatch!

Des' problem now is that he had a very good strategy in 2012 and the squad to match it. Neither the strategy nor the squad work in 2017.

Barrett has bought a very positive and good intent influence and approach to the club and whatever his coaching method or style is , this has definitely bought the best out his playing squad . He has, and much to his credit of course , just been able to develop them into a competitive group and unit with their many fine displays this season . The horrific injury toll last year would have challenged even the most seasoned of coaches and on any measure Trent can only be rated as a success . Des, regardless of the circumstances of him leaving , could have left on reasonably good terms but instead chose to just destabilize and harm the remaining football department "s structure . Very poor form and conduct and as far as i am concerned , he lost much respect for this action . Des was also mainly responsible for some of the back ended deals for some Manly players which was a very selfish motivation on his part as any future difficult consequences would not be his problem then . Just a very diminished respect level for Des when all of these instances are combined .

Barrett has bought a very positive and good intent influence and approach to the club and whatever his coaching method or style is , this has definitely bought the best out his playing squad . He has, and much to his credit of course , just been able to develop them into a competitive group and unit with their many fine displays this season . The horrific injury toll last year would have challenged even the most seasoned of coaches and on any measure Trent can only be rated as a success . Des, regardless of the circumstances of him leaving , could have left on reasonably good terms but instead chose to just destabilize and harm the remaining football department "s structure . Very poor form and conduct and as far as i am concerned , he lost much respect for this action . Des was also mainly responsible for some of the back ended deals for some Manly players which was a very selfish motivation on his part as any future difficult consequences would not be his problem then . Just a very diminished respect level for Des when all of these instances are combined .

Fully agrree with your comments re Barrett. In fact many seasoned coaches would have dropped their bundles over the continued set backs last year.

But regarding Des and the back ended contracts, I believe they are a legitimate and at the time brilliant strategy to counter the TPA rich clubs. For example if the cap was 7mil, teams like the Broncos have a squad whose value would be closer to 10mil.

Clubs like Manly faced with the prospect of decades of competing on an uneven field need to play smart. If they can engineer a 2/3 year period every decade where they have a squad whose value is in excess of the cap due to front and rear loaded contracts it gives them a window of opportunity to excel. The downside is then 3/4 years of struggle, however I believe that is a trade-off that the club expected and accepted in return for a premiership and challenging for several more.

There actually a post on the kennel about getting Toovey as coach to replace Des. Can't that club just build their own culture. Ffs - they've got plenty of it and history.

*****THE BALLAD OF DES HASLER *********
IN 2011 when he flew us like a Sea eagle to win the Grand final he was affectionately known as Des Hasler .
Since he rolled over to the dogs and became a dog he has sold his soul his feathers and his marbles and is now know as...... Deseed Mohamed Haaiz.
Deseed Mohamed Haaiz has fallen from grace as a top line coach and his coaching results now speak for them selves.
He once flew like an Eagle with success and Deseed Mohamed Haaiz now sadly rolls on his fours like a Dog and has gone from the Northern Peninsula Penthouse to the Belmore Lakemba Dog house

images3LG7X4DX.jpg

On TBaz he's certainly proven a lot wrong in the NRL world.

I was a big sceptic last year but I was wrong. time and effort does maketh the man.

But I still laugh at some of the comments here last year blaming BOZO for everything.

hindsight is an amazing thing but apparently.....

BOZO was over the hill and out of touch
his signings were rubbish
he was the main reason why NSW have been ****e
one of the best ones was that he was actually the coach and TBaz was just a front.

Look at the team now. would take this roster over any of the past 4 years other than Killer.

On TBaz he's certainly proven a lot wrong in the NRL world.

I was a big sceptic last year but I was wrong. time and effort does maketh the man.

But I still laugh at some of the comments here last year blaming BOZO for everything.

hindsight is an amazing thing but apparently.....

BOZO was over the hill and out of touch
his signings were rubbish
he was the main reason why NSW have been ****e
one of the best ones was that he was actually the coach and TBaz was just a front.

Look at the team now. would take this roster over any of the past 4 years other than Killer.
Bozo always has the last laugh !!!
r0_77_3872_2263_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

BREAKING: The @NRL_Bulldogs have called a board meeting for tomorrow to discuss coach Des Hasler's future. More details @FOXNRL

Interesting to see @readingtheplay says his Mail is Barrett will take over.

Reading the play reporting that Des will not be at the Dogs next year and have already secured a big signing as a replacement.

If this is true and it's a big if I hope this is nothing to do with manly. They took our whole coaching dept in late 2011. They even took the video analyst and stats man ffs.

Now today old mate Reading The Play is saying his mail is Barrett on the dogs job.
Doesn't really make sense for mine on paper. But with the way the office runs who bloody knows these days.
Wish i had the time to start a site where people could submit twitter journos "mail" and "rumours", then they each get a rating on accuracy.

Now today old mate Reading The Play is saying his mail is Barrett on the dogs job.
Doesn't really make sense for mine on paper. But with the way the office runs who bloody knows these days.
Wish i had the time to start a site where people could submit twitter journos "mail" and "rumours", then they each get a rating on accuracy.

Saw that as well mate, Barrett is signed for next year and I know has a good relationship with Fulton, so it would certainly surprise me.

I'd be filthy if they poached another of our coaches.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4