Hasler or Barrett NOW

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Karma is not always overnight.
Des who I loved as Seaeagles coach....Sold me that he bled Maroon and White and the way he had the players up Every week in that golden period, was a credit to him....Amazing times and great memories I will always have regardless of the aftermath....
Thing is - this humble school teacher who appreciated his opportunity and was so integral in the Manly comeback mid 90's - lost his soul....
His success made him feel bigger than the Manly club itself....a common mistake by ego driven individuals after achieving incredible accomplishments.
I felt shocked after 2011 after hearing far earlier, he was already going and taking players with him, in denial not wanting to believe it.
Well it did happen and left me shocked , sad then pi**ed off...I mean never forget where you come from and who gave you the tools and opportunity to succeed.
The bloke ended up in it for himself and the champion who took over - Tooves - was really that true Manly leader I thought Des was...and on that - Tooves will always be a Manly legend who imo...stopped the Manly ship sinking when Des left it in a rabble - done a super job and was passionate for the team first...lived up to the lofty standards the Manly supporters hope for.
This Bulldog scenario shows Des HAD that Manly culture and the Dogs were his alter ego calling and in 2017, is a massive fail.
The fans and past players have no faith in him and on field, the players seem half hearted, not focused...not interested.
His game plans are predictable and in 1 word - Boring.
Initially he went ok there due to the timing, with Barba winning matches on his own....and results will show he has been average with a decent team.
Thing is - if he stayed at Manly...he would have had red carpet treatment from the fans forever - would Never have turned on him like these Dog supporters.
Make no mistake - this is true karma....seen a bigger bone and jumped the fence to find a rotten stick....no sympathy at all here.
Barrett has the goods, players motivated and an entertaining game plan...most importantly - understands Manly is bigger than him.

Last edited:
I felt shocked after 2011 after hearing far earlier, he was already going and taking players with him, in denial not wanting to believe it.
I was in shock too, and although he may have tried the only player he actually took was the She-Rex from memory, so that side of things turned out a positive for mine!!!

I was in shock too, and although he may have tried the only player he actually took was the She-Rex from memory, so that side of things turned out a positive for mine!!!

I don't think he even tried or cared about keeping W.Hoppa at the time. The money grabbers are now in the **** or playing like **** at other clubs. I believe in KARMA and I am enjoying the 2011 celebrations now, watching his demise at the dogs.

From a troubled first year with injuries etc, Barrett could be the first non playing Manly Coach to win us a GF! He has done a fantastic job to date!

Barrett only needed a two year plan and even with over a million $ disadvantage missing from our squad, the second most penalized team, taking two home games interstate, losing Taufua for the season, losing an effectively tough defender in Myles, constantly having our reputation dragged through the mud by the police, media and the NRL themselves, he has Manly sitting in the top 4 with the best attack, the fewest errors and has resurrected the careers of the likes of Sironen, Uate, Perrett, Lane, Mattew Wright, and it's no coincidence that several of our other stars are in career best form, DCE, Koroisau, Taupau, Walker, the Trbojevic's.

If he doesn't get coach of the year, then someone high up is obviously sucking some dick!

I actually saw one post on the kennel where they wanted to replace Hasler with Barrett. That cracked me up.

TBH I am astonished at how poor the Dogs are and in general how poorly they have gone under Des when u look at the resources he has had at his disposal.

They were good in 2012 with Barba and they had a lucky run in 2014 from 7th however other than that they have always ended up about 7th and this year they are bottom 4.

I remember years ago reading how Des and Crusher were creating a junior academy and would get the best talent Aust wide from an under 15 level and move them all through the system. I haven't seen many quality juniors come through.

Dez would be perfect for the Warriors.

The Dogs made 2 GFs under his tenure. Then the players just turned up for their pay cheques :cool:

2v can't be compared to Baz, as he had inherited all the disgruntled, backended contracts clique.
Far more $value than Baz's sidelined roster of Snake and Matai @:cool:

Manly resilience is what determines on field success :inlove:

Karma is not always overnight.
Des who I loved as Seaeagles coach....Sold me that he bled Maroon and White and the way he had the players up Every week in that golden period, was a credit to him....Amazing times and great memories I will always have regardless of the aftermath....
Thing is - this humble school teacher who appreciated his opportunity and was so integral in the Manly comeback mid 90's - lost his soul....
His success made him feel bigger than the Manly club itself....a common mistake by ego driven individuals after achieving incredible accomplishments.
Well it did happen and left me shocked , sad then pi**ed off...I mean never forget where you come from and who gave you the tools and opportunity to succeed.
The bloke ended up in it for himself and the champion who took over - Tooves - was really that true Manly leader I thought Des was...and on that - Tooves will always be a Manly legend who imo...stopped the Manly ship sinking when Des left it in a rabble - done a super job and was passionate for the team first...lived up to the lofty standards the Manly supporters hope for.
This Bulldog scenario shows Des HAD that Manly culture and the Dogs were his alter ego calling and in 2017, is a massive fail.
The fans and past players have no faith in him and on field, the players seem half hearted, not focused...not interested.
His game plans are predictable and in 1 word - Boring.
Initially he went ok there due to the timing, with Barba winning matches on his own....and results will show he has been average with a decent team.
Thing is - if he stayed at Manly...he would have had red carpet treatment from the fans forever - would Never have turned on him like these Dog supporters.
Make no mistake - this is true karma....seem a bigger bone and jumped the fence to find a rotten stick....no sympathy at all here.
Barrett has the goods, players motivated and an entertaining game plan...most importantly - understands Manly is bigger than him.
Best thread I've seen in a long time...nicely done.
Definitely Barrett!

Barrett has us doing all of the things that we did well during Hasler's time - playing for each other, playing smart football, and not giving up.

BAZ !!! plus you only have to look at the playing group, they clearly respect Barrett as a person and coach, I am pretty sure they would answer the same way and that is the most important thing moving forward.

I actually saw one post on the kennel where they wanted to replace Hasler with Barrett. That cracked me up.

TBH I am astonished at how poor the Dogs are and in general how poorly they have gone under Des when u look at the resources he has had at his disposal.

They were good in 2012 with Barba and they had a lucky run in 2014 from 7th however other than that they have always ended up about 7th and this year they are bottom 4.

I remember years ago reading how Des and Crusher were creating a junior academy and would get the best talent Aust wide from an under 15 level and move them all through the system. I haven't seen many quality juniors come through.

I have been waiting six long years for Hasler to fall. The anticipation is killing me. I think the Dogs should just pay him out and put Dean Pay in charge. He seems like a good fit for whatever the Canterbury 'culture' may be. As someone said on the Kennel, to pay him out would only be a day's worth of pokies money.

And 'Bred, not bought'. What a joke!!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7