Has Des lost the dressing room??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is it too early to start a thread ‘Bring back Barrett’

Just sayin’
Its the obvious solution @ManlyTragic . Look what he did for the Panthers. Bring it on I say.
The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

Barrett makes a good assistant coach especially in attack. Especially last Friday night a “donut“ against the Broncos.

the panic around here is gaining momentum fast.

All teams have ups and downs. we are in a rut but have the players and coach to get us going.

Has the game moved past Des? Well, a Prelim and qualifying final appearance in 3 years tend to say no.

Has there been discontent in the team? well I did make the point last year around the Manese situation that the western Sydney boys were in a number high enough to cause a fracture if things went south. I hope that's not happening but watch this space.

the facts of 2022 I see.

1. Tommy has been injured for the entire season.
  2. the shoe has been absent all season apart from 1 match where he made a huge difference.
  3. We haven't been able to put our top 17 on the park all year.
  4. We played against a rampaging Penrith at their home ground in round 1. they were returning home after covid and were champs so turned it on as they did against the storm.
  5. We had a shocking first half against the sharks but were still in the match @70 min so not a total loss. good fight back.
  6. Against the Broncs, we took a home game to them. under no circumstances should we have lost like that but things happen sometimes that can't be explained. Reynolds best game in years.
  7. team generally down on form
we can turn this around. are we in Prem form? No. could we get on a run? possible. will we make finals. you bet your arse we will and anything can happen then.

All teams have ups and downs. we are in a rut but have the players and coach to get us going.

Has the game moved past Des? Well, a Prelim and qualifying final appearance in 3 years tend to say no.

Has there been discontent in the team? well I did make the point last year around the Manese situation that the western Sydney boys were in a number high enough to cause a fracture if things went south. I hope that's not happening but watch this space.

the facts of 2022 I see.

2. the shoe has been absent all season apart from 1 match where he made a huge difference.
  4. We played against a rampaging Penrith at their home ground in round 1. they were returning home after covid and were champs so turned it on as they did against the storm.
  5. We had a shocking first half against the sharks but were still in the match @70 min so not a total loss. good fight back.
  6. Against the Broncs, we took a home game to them. under no circumstances should we have lost like that but things happen sometimes that can't be explained. Reynolds best game in years.
we can turn this around. are we in Prem form? No. could we get on a run? possible. will we make finals. you bet your arse we will and anything can happen then.
I hope so but what we have seen for most of the season is really concerning. Against teams above us on the table this year including now the Broncos we average about 12 points a game and have conceded 33 per game on average. Bleeding 33 points per game reflects a real lack of determination and application. That is diabolical and in my view suggests they are getting things really wrong on a number of levels. The coaches, the captain and the team need a reboot and a rethink otherwise I can't see us making the 8.

the facts of 2022 I see.

Must give you credit for your optimism, there’s optimists and pessimists on here , more of the latter.

So well done

Must give you credit for your optimism, there’s optimists and pessimists on here , more of the latter.

So well done
I get really pissed off too mate but at the end of the day where does that get me or the team?

Absoutly Nowhere.

Nothing I do or say will make an difference within the team. Sure I could go off like a busted arse whenever we loose or put in a poor performance but the only people that effects are me and the family.

We have some really good players. We have a proven coach that only 8 months ago was 80 min from a GF. We have the ability just need to find the spark.

I really do feel there are only a few things off from us clicking. Tommy and the Shoe are the big two. Croker is a shadow compared to last year for whatever reason. And injuries in the forwards.

I hope so but what we have seen for most of the season is really concerning. Against teams above us on the table this year including now the Broncos we average about 12 points a game and have conceded 33 per game on average. Bleeding 33 points per game reflects a real lack of determination and application. That is diabolical and in my view suggests they are getting things really wrong on a number of levels. The coaches, the captain and the team need a reboot and a rethink otherwise I can't see us making the 8.
yeah at times we can score points and mainly to the bottom sides... but man we can sure leak points

i couldnt throw enough likes, clever, informative, agree, winner, ha ha and thankyou emojis at this one. rugga league sure loves its hoo doos voo doos

we probably just need someone from another club that identifies as a manly player these days anyway.

just not barrett parrots footy speak

i would go flanno, but my mrs reckons i look slim in lumberjack , and thats ok, i sleep all night and post all day
I tend to agree mate. I’ve listened to Flanagan’s insight on a few occasions & he just seems to make sense each time. I don’t blame him for everything that went down at the Sharks during his tenure. He had them
playing a style that every team struggled with. If not head coach he’d make a great assistant to Des in my opinion. If we were to get a new coach I think he’d do well….I’d also love to see Gifty in the role of forwards coach with Cliffy as backs coach & Des stay as head coach. Along with Snake & Monaghan we’d be covered in all aspects of play!

I tend to agree mate. I’ve listened to Flanagan’s insight on a few occasions & he just seems to make sense each time. I don’t blame him for everything that went down at the Sharks during his tenure. He had them
playing a style that every team struggled with. If not head coach he’d make a great assistant to Des in my opinion. If we were to get a new coach I think he’d do well….I’d also love to see Gifty in the role of forwards coach with Cliffy as backs coach & Des stay as head coach. Along with Snake & Monaghan we’d be covered in all aspects of play!
yeah flanno seems to have the right balance. footy head, old school tough nut

i dont think the time away from the game has hurt him much either in that a different perspective , a different view of the game may be handy. he also still sees a lot of footy. he struggles at times on camera to get it out but the training paddock looks to be his domain

i dont have too many issues with the past. we were a poofteenth off being marked with dank.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8