Has Des lost the dressing room??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think all the attention around Foran was a massive distraction during the week. The team were headless last night from the opening whistle.

That plus the injury to Tommy Turbo. You could just see.multiple times how much the team structured attack and defence around him and he was missing.

I think if Manly can rest turbo for a few weeks, put Garrick back at FB and get Parker and Saab back in, and then bunker down and tell everyone else to PI$$ off. We will be ok.

NYEagle
Garricks leg doesn't look that much better than Turbos. Time for Weekes.

So, back to my question ( only James has really answered it ) , has Des lost the dressing room ??
Bit Early to tell re dressing room. But potentially YES.

What he has lost is the ability tactically to coach a team. And improve players in areas within a short time frame.

I get the feeling we hear something more in the next month.

Bit Early to tell re dressing room. But potentially YES.

What he has lost is the ability tactically to coach a team. And improve players in areas within a short time frame.

I get the feeling we hear something more in the next month.
If we are dusted say

44-0 v Eels
56-0 v Storm

I’d suggest he’d be under big pressure.

Honestly I don’t think we’ll see those scores but neither do I think we’ll win either game.

Sadly Tom got him an extension so we have to put up with his coaching next season also. I fear for the state of our list when he is finally sacked and he will be sacked Des is the type who will hang on for dear life (and the pay cheque) with no regard for the damage he is doing to the club.

I haven't watched last nights game but after seeing the score and reading some of the comments here, it doesn't look like it's worth the torture.

Nonetheless with the question of Des losing the dressing room, I can tell you there are definitely 'groups' within not just our club, but every footy club from pro's to the bush who are associated by many lifelong things that are good, and... gambling, drugs, ex-patriot communities, local areas, "friends" and arguably the worst of all at a professional level, agents.

I haven't been specifically searching, but some of our players in particular are still facing serious criminal allegations whilst another has featured previously in the media wearing known genuine gang (organised crime) clothing, and that's just here at Manly who have arguably one of the smaller amount of people who 'rep' that lifestyle.

I would not be surprised if someone has misinterpreted a vintage riddle or been wronged by Des rightly or not, then said 'group' have then taken it up as a collective. In general across all departments from top down there has been a lot of instability which isn't definitively linked but conspicuously timed the former CEO's exit which was never addressed publicy AFAIK. If he'd arranged things with players it's to do with numbers most likely, I really can't imagine any other reason why the footy players would care unless they all shared the same agent or something :lipssealed:

We have seen the contrast with successful teams attack and our own, for example DCE's early crossfield kicks to Saab which worked with the element of surprise, yet haven't been further refined or altered in any way to the point they've become elementary and easily defused, the only reason I say this is because I've only seen it come out when we're up or down by 20. I won't be overly critical since Cherry has had the team on his back for most of his career which in itself is commendable, yet he caused the circumstances and if footy is about winning as heard from the horses mouth, then sometimes he goes the wrong way about it.

I can't remember who mentioned it, possibly Cronk, but he mentioned that Bellamy trains with his trademark ruthless manner when it comes to defence. In doing this it allows them to play more of an aggressive, ad-lib style to utilize their attacking maestros (Papenhuyzen, Munster, Hughes and Grant) which firstly demonstrates how hard it is for an opposition on their goal line to count or be defending 2 to 3 strike players with an overlap, it continues to show how they have not just adapted but evolved their style post Smith by playing to the rules. It seems like we do the opposite of everything the successful teams do, the abysmal use of the bench really does take the cake for me after a gassed prop gets left out too long or some poor impact player gets put on for less than 10 with no opportunities.

All in all I can't say I think Des has lost the dressing room, he is a manager of men and I can't think of many who left spruiking how much there game improved after leaving his squads. Even if it becomes progressively more clear that maybe he doesn't have it I don't know who's next in line so even then I'll probably accept the fact that if it happens, it's a slow transition. One thing I'm sure of not being sure of is anyone available that could realistically replace him who comes to mind and instills me with confidence. I'm unfamiliar with the current assistant(s) and support staff but I do think Des is lacking in some way that could be remedied with a genuine review for our benefit and not a basic requirement or if even that's too much, just a proven assistant with liberal input.

It's obvious Bob Fulton has been a massive loss to our club. I wasn't even alive let alone thought of when he doing his thing but I'm old enough to see the cultural change that's happened since - positive and negative.

Last edited:
So, back to my question ( only James has really answered it ) , has Des lost the dressing room ??
Hard to know, but one things for sure, he certainly doesn’t have it humming, for me, there’s no question, there’s problems, thats pretty bloody obvious and to deny it is pretty bloody stupid, were it all goes from here is a tuff one, I dare say the next 2 games have the potential to expose the truth, one way or the other.

I haven't watched last nights game but after seeing the score and reading some of the comments here, it doesn't look like it's worth the torture.

Nonetheless with the question of Des losing the dressing room, I can tell you there are definitely 'groups' within not just our club, but every footy club from pro's to the bush who are associated by many lifelong things that are good, and... gambling, drugs, ex-patriot communities, local areas, "friends" and arguably the worst of all at a professional level, agents.

I haven't been specifically searching, but some of our players in particular are still facing serious criminal allegations whilst another has featured previously in the media wearing known genuine gang (organised crime) clothing, and that's just here at Manly who have arguably one of the smaller amount of people who 'rep' that lifestyle.

I would not be surprised if someone has misinterpreted a vintage riddle or been wronged by Des rightly or not, then said 'group' have then taken it up as a collective. In general across all departments from top down there has been a lot of instability which isn't definitively linked but conspicuously timed the former CEO's exit which was never addressed publicy AFAIK. If he'd arranged things with players it's to do with numbers most likely, I really can't imagine any other reason why the footy players would care unless they all shared the same agent or something :lipssealed:

We have seen the contrast with successful teams attack and our own, for example DCE's early crossfield kicks to Saab which worked with the element of surprise, yet haven't been further refined or altered in any way to the point they've become elementary and easily defused, the only reason I say this is because I've only seen it come out when we're up or down by 20. I won't be overly critical since Cherry has had the team on his back for most of his career which in itself is commendable, yet he caused the circumstances and if footy is about winning as heard from the horses mouth, then sometimes he goes the wrong way about it.

I can't remember who mentioned it, possibly Cronk, but he mentioned that Bellamy trains with his trademark ruthless manner when it comes to defence. In doing this it allows them to play more of an aggressive, ad-lib style to utilize their attacking maestros (Papenhuyzen, Munster, Hughes and Grant) which firstly demonstrates how hard it is for an opposition on a goal like to count or be defending 2 to 3 strike players with an overlap, it continues to show how they have not just adapted but evolved their style post Smith by playing to the rules. It seems like we do the opposite of everything the successful teams do, the abysmal use of the bench really does take the cake for me after a gassed prop gets left out too long or some poor impact player gets put on for less than 10 with no opportunities.

All in all I can't say I think Des has lost the dressing room, he is a manager of men and I can't think of many who left spruiking how much there game improved after leaving his squads. Even if it becomes progressively more clear that maybe he doesn't have it I don't know who's next in line so even then I'll probably accept the fact that if it happens, it's a slow transition. One thing that I'm sure of not being sure is anyone that could realistically replace him that comes to mind and instills me with confidence. I'm unfamiliar with the current assistant(s) and support staff but I do think Des is lacking in some way that could be remedied with a genuine review for our benefit and not a basic requirement and if even that's too much, just a proven assistant with liberal input.

It's obvious Bob Fulton has been a massive loss to our club. I wasn't even alive let alone thought of when he doing his thing but I'm old enough to see the cultural change that's happened since - positive and negative.
Very well put and a terrific response

Hard to know, but one things for sure, he certainly doesn’t have it humming, for me, there’s no question, there’s problems, thats pretty bloody obvious and to deny it is pretty bloody stupid, were it all goes from here is a tuff one, I dare say the next 2 games have the potential to expose the truth, one way or the other.
It certainly does

They’ll get beaten but it’s the matter of how they get beaten that will show everything.

@Mark from Brisbane ask me in two weeks.

I predict we beat Parra next week (teams always dangerous after a flogging and we are always “up” for Parra) and we get flogged by the storm (who we also usually get up for but not two weeks in a row).

Schuster was saved for these games just watch!
Love your optimism and bloody hope you’re right !!

Walker leaving
Tapau not resigned
Foran not resigned

( and yes I’m aware we need to move some on due to salary cap etc etc )

3 players taking a very large chunk of the salary cap.

Young players threatening to leave if they don’t play certain positions.

Blind Freddy can see that at times this team isn’t playing like a team it’s playing like a loose knit of players , some of whom are injured , some of whom are leaving and clearly don’t really care , some aren’t being offered upgrade or extensions and like those leaving don’t seem to care.

We go ok against weak teams as we do have some good players but as soon as ANY pressure , yes anything at all , comes on us we fall apart like a stack of cards being knocked over in the wind.

Last nights game was gone in TWO SECONDS. Heads went down , and from there it was inevitable that we would lose, think about that “ two ****ing seconds “ and we are dusted!

Of course Des doesn’t make the tackles , Des isn’t on field yelling instructions BUT this IS Des’s team.

Has he lost the dressing room??

Is he good enough to turn things around ??

Has the game moved past him??

He’s never mentioned as a coach under threat , should he start to be??
Those 3 had to go mark, maybe it causes some grumbling but they are liabilities.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10