Has Des lost the dressing room??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I know I'm a dinosaur ... but a real good plan for improving our attack would be .. TO EARN THE ****ING RIGHT TO GO WIDE. .. and you only do that by bending them back and winning the middle ..

We have the players that can do that .. but we are lucky to get 1 prop hitting it each set before going 2/3 wide ... we never. Ever have 3 or 4 forwards hit it up as a pack
The problem being, when our forwards do take the hit-ups they are sitting ducks for the defence because the markers are not engaged and they have no one running in support. There is no shape or plan so everybody in the defence knows exactly what's happening and our guys just get smashed.

Seems like we are immediately on the back foot whenever we get the ball and the one-out hit-ups give us nothing.

Jake is getting hammered for his attack, and its a shadow of what it once was.

I feel the coach has changed his role.

Beisdes, making 50 bone-cruchers a match isnt going to leave to much "gas" for attack - last night 7 hit ups and 9 passes in a team that had about 40% of the ball.

I can assure everyone he gets away with slowing the play the ball 20 times a match which helps us more than we can measure. Downside is he gets pinged 2-3 times a match. He sees how much pressure we are under and plays accordingly.

Jake is getting hammered for his attack, and its a shadow of what it once was.

I feel the coach has changed his role.

Beisdes, making 50 bone-cruchers a match isnt going to leave to much "gas" for attack - last night 7 hit ups and 9 passes in a team that had about 40% of the ball.

I can assure everyone he gets away with slowing the play the ball 20 times a match which helps us more than we can measure. Downside is he gets pinged 2-3 times a match. He sees how much pressure we are under and plays accordingly.

Our props and 2nd rowers don't do anywhere near enough tackling to share the load.

This is one of our biggest concerns as Jake, Croker and the half's are doing way too much D, while the other forwards, frankly are bludging, lazy and not part of the team.

Haumole is just the laziest defender in the Manly team now that Suli has gone. A few big hits each game is not good enough.

Our props and 2nd rowers don't do anywhere near enough tackling to share the load.

This is one of our biggest concerns as Jake, Croker and the half's are doing way too much D, while the other forwards, frankly are bludging, lazy and not part of the team.

Yep 100% right, its not like the good old days of Watmough, Gift, ballin and Kitey all making 30 tackles.

Poor Froggy and Jake bust their humps for us every game in D.

I think our use of the bench lets us down in this area too.

Yet everyone wants to blame the captain !!

Why did Reynolds play so well last night??

Well yes he’s a great player but their forwards absolutely dominated the game , not just dominated they owned all 80 minutes , yes every single minute.

When we had the ball they were smashing us!!

When they had the ball they were making huge yardage.

Reynolds job was easy , probably the easiest game he’s had in years.

So many doomsday merchants .

We are exactly where Des wants us to be, under the radar ;)

As long as we have not had 50 put against us, we are on track to win the grand final 🤣
100% agree with the doomsday merchants comment even if you were maybe being sarcastic. :
Thank god some of these flippant weaklings do not play for us or we will be in some real trouble. Anyway we could start naming cyclones after some of these cry baby sookie panic merchants.

Cherry kicked it away every time we had good
Field Position, that’s on him, not the forwards

I agree with the laying of the platform, but cherry was disgusting off his own bat last night.

I highly doubt we even make the eight this year...even with all those other **** teams.
We need to recruit new players. I don’t understand why we don’t go for more big name signings.
Would any elite players even consider Manly?
Like a Munster for example?

100% agree with the doomsday merchants comment even if you were maybe being sarcastic. :
Thank god some of these flippant weaklings do not play for us or we will be in some real trouble. Anyway we could start naming cyclones after some of these cry baby sookie panic merchants.

I believe it was the immortal Scholar Alfred E. NEUMANN that famously said .. "if you keep your head, whilst everybody around you are losing theirs.. then you obviously don't understand what's happening " ..

I believe it was the immortal Scholar Alfred E. NEUMANN that famously said .. "if you keep your head, whilst everybody around you are losing theirs.. then you obviously don't understand what's happening " ..
Nice quote but out of context imo. Not everyone is losing their heads atm. Only the more fragile amongst us. If they were the majority we certainly would have a lord of the flies type scenario

I think all the attention around Foran was a massive distraction during the week. The team were headless last night from the opening whistle.

That plus the injury to Tommy Turbo. You could just see.multiple times how much the team structured attack and defence around him and he was missing.

I think if Manly can rest turbo for a few weeks, put Garrick back at FB and get Parker and Saab back in, and then bunker down and tell everyone else to PI$$ off. We will be ok.

NYEagle

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10