Has Des improved anyone?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Another thread that aged like milk, full of dribblers who have no clue.

I particularly liked the flop who mentioned St George and how much they have improved. Had a good laugh at that one. It's not like St George are ever the April premiers are they.

That was not my thread but people are entitled to their opinions. Lest face it our performances the second half of season 2020 and the first 4 rounds this year were very poor. The fact that we are traveling well now does not rewrite that history. Historical criticisms are irrelevant and resurrecting old threads to rub in poster's noses is not clever. Our style of play and team selections have changed dramatically. Frankly without those changes we would have remained languishing at the lower end of the table. IMO calling posters dribblers is bad form and very unimpressive. i expected better on our silvertails forum.

How many games did we go without a win @Ryan ??

Some of what was being said was justified. The fact of the matter is that for every selection decision that Des makes wrong he saw something in trying it. He won’t be 100% correct all the time.

With our limited resources and salary cap restraints due to some high salaries he had to try things. When they do come off he looks like a master coach. When they don’t pan out as planned we look butt average.

Lets all just be happy that we are in the correct part of the ladder and winning games.

Go Manly

Another thread that aged like milk, full of dribblers who have no clue.

I particularly liked the flop who mentioned St George and how much they have improved. Had a good laugh at that one. It's not like St George are ever the April premiers are they.

I would like to point out that at the end of Round 4 this year (hardly ancient history) we had 15 losses from our previous 18 games. Including two 40+ point defeats this year.

IMO it's a bit rich to use the benefit of hindsight to call people 'dribblers' for being unhappy about that and asking questions at the time.

I would like to point out that at the end of Round 4 this year (hardly ancient history) we had 15 losses from our previous 18 games. Including two 40+ point defeats this year.

IMO it's a bit rich to use the benefit of hindsight to call people 'dribblers' for being unhappy about that and asking questions at the time.
We also had a lot of injuries which probably explains the lack of form....seems people think a reserve grade standard team can regularly win games.

Des for mine was very tentative when he came back to Manly and for me he was being overly cautious in sticking with players who weren't performing and ignoring some of the young talent.

In a sense injuries have been our saviour in forcing his hand to bring on some of these youngsters, take the risk, and the results are apparent.

Certainly last year was a washout with Turbo and Walker out for much of the season, five eighths that could not kick start the back line, pedestrian backs and some in the forward pack looking like they were out for a Sunday afternoon picnic.

The addition of Foran, Schuster, Saab, Harper, Keppie and the rise of Paseka and Olakau'atu, as well as the return and further rise of Turbo, has now got Des a side that is full of winners and is encouraging some of the lesser stars to up their game.

Des, for mine, is a fine coach, but I think sometimes he needs a kick to get the right players on the field. If he has that, he knows how to get the best out of them.

We also had a lot of injuries which probably explains the lack of form....seems people think a reserve grade standard team can regularly win games.
I wrote Des off but he has got this team firing atm... but that does not change the fact that they were absolutely disgraceful in the first 4 rounds of 2021 - not just losing games but playing without heart...

Me failing to acknowledge that I got it wrong on Des after he has got the team to win 9 of their last 10 (should have been 10) would be no different to others failing to acknowledge that the performances over the last 3 months of 2020 were not because we had a reserve grade team but because we were showing no heart and Des was not holding players accountable....

Aloiai, Saab, Lawton and Foran have been great signings by Des but Boyle, GoJetSki, Suli, Tafua and Sironen would probably STILL be holding their spots if not for injuries...

Congratulations and more power to Des for recent results but that does not mean he got it right in 2020 or early 2021....

Des for mine was very tentative when he came back to Manly and for me he was being overly cautious in sticking with players who weren't performing and ignoring some of the young talent.

In a sense injuries have been our saviour in forcing his hand to bring on some of these youngsters, take the risk, and the results are apparent.

Certainly last year was a washout with Turbo and Walker out for much of the season, five eighths that could not kick start the back line, pedestrian backs and some in the forward pack looking like they were out for a Sunday afternoon picnic.

The addition of Foran, Schuster, Saab, Harper, Keppie and the rise of Paseka and Olakau'atu, as well as the return and further rise of Turbo, has now got Des a side that is full of winners and is encouraging some of the lesser stars to up their game.

Des, for mine, is a fine coach, but I think sometimes he needs a kick to get the right players on the field. If he has that, he knows how to get the best out of them.
It could be Des waited for the right time to blood these young gun, they may not have been ready last year

It could be Des waited for the right time to blood these young gun, they may not have been ready last year

Well unfortunately that's an issue we'll never really know. All I can say is that late in the year when he was forced to make changes, the team started to click. Didn't do well, but they were suddenly scoring more than they had during the rest of the year. The kids he had were no younger than those Cleary was bringing up into first grade...and succeeding with them.

Hindsight heroes are a dime a dozen on this site. Seriously, it's about time you all got over yourself, and realised that being right in hindsight is not a massive achievement. 🤭

Actually, being right in hindsight is almost as bad as the clueless dribblers and Sea Eagle heretics who dared to ask questions about team selections, coaching decisions,
club direction and player motivation after losing 15 from 18 games.
Wankers.🤔

Yes the second paragraph was sarcasm.🤫

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4