Has Des improved anyone?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I get that some people went a bit overboard in their criticism... but at the same time, after how many losses in close proximity do you think it fair game for people here to call out poor performances?

20 losses?
25 losses?
A wooden spoon?

Now hopefully we do not find out because that losing streak was bad enough.
No problem at all with constructive criticism thats based on fact. In the post by @Brisbane Tragic above there were multiple facts listed for why we were on that run and why we started poorly this year. Most of which Ive been going on about for ages. They were all legitimate reasons which so many like to gloss over and blame the coach or DCE or Penn or Yogi Bear.

We were never a bad team just a team on a bad run and there were reasons.

Look i guess its the same posters that have a very negative outlook on everything other than a win.

Look at the Tommy injury thread and see the people questioning if we should let the kid walk as he wasnt worth the time on the sideline. What a load of BS.

Look at the retention threads where names are thrown up that would never come to us and the Continual DCE whichhunt.

Yes DCE is on huge money. Yes hes very up and down sometimes but the club made the call to do it. Thats not his fault. Hes in the top 3 halfbacks in the comp if played correctly which i can now see happening. Forand And Shoe doing most of the ball playing and DCE on a roaming running breif.

Ive forgotten where im going with this so will end it now.

Exactly, it is tiresome isn't it? And all these Captain Hindsight's never seem to go anywhere or take sabbaticals...they are ALWAYS here...ever present.

This place is becoming a Captain Hindsight echo chamber, while entertaining and interesting posters have been run out of town (or banned). Where the hell are Wombat64 and Biff?

Eagle of London - what can I say about this bloke...next level wanker...

This place has been a bit on the ho-hum side for few weeks...

Agreed Moops. Except the bit where EOL is defined as a next level wanker. I have worked with some real next level wankers and EOL is a long way off from reaching those levels.

However, the site has definitely become stale, as some of our more colorful (interesting) posters have gone into hibernation.

Their place has partly been taken by boring yes men and posters who blindly follow the party (club) line, and who also seem incapable of expressing many (any) original thoughts of their own.

I was also not particularly impressed with the rabid ravings of our more notable deathriders. I have been on record as questioning many as to whether they actually support the club, particularly when they appear to enjoy our losses more than our wins.

Personally, I go into each and every game expecting a win, even when we were losing 80 percent of our games. (Last season, first four rounds this season). Each loss is considered a tragedy, and losing four in a row for example, is grounds for bereavement.

However, I will always express my own opinions on any Manly related issues, challenges etc, and expect the club/coach/players to be held accountable for their performances. This will never change.

I will also defend my opinions, always... and sometimes vehemently, and defend the rights of other posters on here to do the same. Denying posters the opportunity/environment to post their opinions will lead to a "Maroon & Vanilla Silvertails site, rather then a "Maroon & White" Silvertails site.

Personally, I can't think of anything more boring. (Except watching any NRL game that involves the Bulldogs or the Broncos ATM)

Go Manly.

Last edited:
No problem at all with constructive criticism thats based on fact. In the post by @Brisbane Tragic above there were multiple facts listed for why we were on that run and why we started poorly this year. Most of which Ive been going on about for ages. They were all legitimate reasons which so many like to gloss over and blame the coach or DCE or Penn or Yogi Bear.

We were never a bad team just a team on a bad run and there were reasons.

Look i guess its the same posters that have a very negative outlook on everything other than a win.

Look at the Tommy injury thread and see the people questioning if we should let the kid walk as he wasnt worth the time on the sideline. What a load of BS.

Look at the retention threads where names are thrown up that would never come to us and the Continual DCE whichhunt.

Yes DCE is on huge money. Yes hes very up and down sometimes but the club made the call to do it. Thats not his fault. Hes in the top 3 halfbacks in the comp if played correctly which i can now see happening. Forand And Shoe doing most of the ball playing and DCE on a roaming running breif.

Ive forgotten where im going with this so will end it now.
lol all true. Yes the posters on here bitching that we had to get rid of Turbo and Jake because we were too salary cap top heavy.... ohhhh myyyy I hope they are now on the Bulldogs forum. What utter garbage lol.

Exactly, it is tiresome isn't it? And all these Captain Hindsight's never seem to go anywhere or take sabbaticals...they are ALWAYS here...ever present.

This place is becoming a Captain Hindsight echo chamber, while entertaining and interesting posters have been run out of town (or banned). Where the hell are Wombat64 and Biff?

This place has been a bit on the ho-hum side for few weeks...
Wow. Nice work Moops.

My first ever direct 'wanker' moment on here. And not just that but 'next level wanker' too..... im so special.....

Next time perhaps the courtesy to link me in to one of your posts where you go all wanker on me so at least i can bask in the sunlight of such an educated and witty retort. All you need to do is add the @Eagle of London so i dont miss it.

I cant actually recall if you are or are not one of the boring Neg Nancys i love so much. Pretty irrelevant i guess?

Will be sure to keep an eye open for you in the future champion. Take care and peace out dude......

Look gents let's call a gentlemen's truce ,I dont post regularly but when we do post we should be given an equal amount of respect and an equal playing field .I do get good responses to my posts back ,but one thing that does annoy me is that some posters are all about statistics and points and quotes.How about letting people say what they like and how they want to express it ,isn't that the whole idea in the first place?🤔

How about letting people say what they like and how they want to express it ,isn't that the whole idea in the first place?🤔
Yep, pretty much, although of course the site has terms of use, which all members agree to observe. These rarely have to be enforced because they are mainly just common sense. Aside from that everyone is welcome to express themselves. We even welcome fans of other clubs!

Look gents let's call a gentlemen's truce ,I dont post regularly but when we do post we should be given an equal amount of respect and an equal playing field .I do get good responses to my posts back ,but one thing that does annoy me is that some posters are all about statistics and points and quotes.How about letting people say what they like and how they want to express it ,isn't that the whole idea in the first place?🤔
Isn't that what happens? As far as I can tell most people express themselves openly on here, debate, agree, disagree, present arguments etc.

Some love Des, some dont. Both sides of the argument do exactly the same thing. People need to stop being so sensitive and precious when they get exposed with both feet in their mouth.

I would say this place is very well behaved given the differing opinions of many on here.
Put it this way if we all ended up in a Bar somewhere im pretty sure after 15 min there would be an all in Brawl kicking off.

I agree with all above,I'm all for everyone having an opinion,I was just trying to calm the waters with the wanker referrals ect 😂to some of our members
Ive just asked myself and I think im a pretty good bloke generally but i guess it is remotely possible i might be a wanker of the highest order. Will check with Liz when im at the palace next and report backnher thoughts.

Wow. Nice work Moops.

My first ever direct 'wanker' moment on here. And not just that but 'next level wanker' too..... im so special.....

Next time perhaps the courtesy to link me in to one of your posts where you go all wanker on me so at least i can bask in the sunlight of such an educated and witty retort. All you need to do is add the @Eagle of London so i dont miss it.

I cant actually recall if you are or are not one of the boring Neg Nancys i love so much. Pretty irrelevant i guess?

Will be sure to keep an eye open for you in the future champion. Take care and peace out dude......
Take my lead just use the ignore button. It has worked an absolute treat so I don't read that rubbish. I am sure some who don't agree with me have me on ignore. Perfect symbiosis.

Take my lead just use the ignore button. It has worked an absolute treat so I don't read that rubbish. I am sure some who don't agree with me have me on ignore. Perfect symbiosis.
Symbiotic relationships are boring, unless essential. And if they are in fact essential for co-existence, then they are usually taken for granted. Being a captain hindsight is so much more enjoyable.

Where the hell are Wombat64 and Biff?
The wombat is busy sourcing more lube waiting for the next reaming.

Biff has been travelling, Brisbane, Townsville and I believe Auckland. Some say he's cross threading the NRL.
I miss the bloke too maybe we could start an online petition or organise a march on Silvertails HQ that should fire things up.
So what your saying is @Eagle of London has a few levels to go to catch up to you ? ;) @:p

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4