Half way - report card

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We've played 12 out of 24, that's half way. Report card:

Comment:

I think we're on track for the 8, but not top 4 or premiership

Second half of our season should be better than the first, if we have reasonable luck with injuries: Turbo is back as Turbo, that is a huge boost over what we've had so far; Schuster is finally back and if he can string some games together will only get better; Samuela looks like he isn't giving up his spot easily; we hopefully now have decent halves back-up with Jake #2; and Gordie may yet bring something different to the side late in the season.

Coaching team: deserve some credit for making a few changes and generally having the team functioning on high effort, albeit with plenty of errors.

Paseka Keppie Sipley and Bull all look better and that gives us quite a good platform for the rest of this year, with Jake, Aloia and Kelma giving us solid forward options.

Mark: B

Looking at some of the key stats I reckon the new coaching team have not managed to create any great improvement in this squad. Especially as this year we've had Turbo and last year we didn't

1685327172405.png

In one word: "Meh". Some players have shown improvement, others haven't, and we're still the embodiment of a middle-of-the-pack team - capable of looking great one minute, awful the next. Every game is a lottery. No matter who we're playing, I'm never confident of a win, and remain pleasantly surprised when we do get one.

We have now played the Knights twice and come away with a single point. And the Knights are bog ordinary. Which makes us below bog ordinary. There is potential there for us to be better, but whether or not we can realise that potential remains to be seen.

We will make the finals and that is a big improvement from last year also ,if we have our top 17 competing in the finals without injuries we can win it .Let's go Manly .

Tom
Saab
Parker
Koula
Garrick
Schuster
Evans
Paseka
Croker
Keppie
Haumole
Fainu
Jake

Weekes
Bullemor
Sipley
Ben

Gotta say we have under achieved so far this season. Yesterday 36 missed tackles highlighted a real lack of concentration and effort by some. 45% possession is not enough possession to beat any side in the competition and whilst we didn't deserve to get belted in the penalties in the first 20 minutes the way we did yesterday, we played some dumb football. I'm disappointed that our very experienced coaches have not been able to coach the side to get into the grind and be patient and wear sides down. Our pack apart from Tent were asleep yesterday and Newcastle had far to much go forward whilst we really lacked line speed and steel in defence. We are not making the 8 on the back of what they have shown so far this season.

We will make the finals

We are not making the 8

Lol, different views of where we are at. Fair enough too.
Personally I've been quite pleased with some signs of improvement and think we have potential for a lot more improvement in the second half of the season. Mostly around improvement in Turbo and Schu. Time will tell who is right :)

My perspective view is that half yearly reports are not conclusive as there are more games to go before we will really ever know whether our team will grow and rise or capitulate over the long seasons adversaries and demise

It is the end of the year that the fat lady sings and it will be either the Eagle rock finals victory songs
Or the tear jerker What have they done to my proud club Ma , What have they done to my Magnificent Manly club.

Looking forward to rising like real Eagles do into the second half of the season and doing the Eagle Rock
Anything Else is not our proud Magnificent Manly that the rest of the NRL is known to Envy and despise

We just seem to be the same team we have been for years now - capable at times but just too many errors and always a heap of injuries.

I was really optimistic the new coaching staff had changed the discipline part of it when we were really good at the basics for the first month of the season. But it didnt take long to revert back to old habits.

With players such as Paseka, Jake, Haumole, DCE, Schuster, Koula, Saab, Garrick and Turbo this should be a top8 team. But its touch and go whether we make it or not.

We have the potential to be a much better team than what we have shown this year. I don’t think we will play finals this season. With how tight the comp is this season, I think we would have to win 8 of our last 12 to just sneak into the 8.

I would like to see us aim up and beat the Dolphins, Roosters and smash the Dragons this season

I'd give them a B- coz I think we've had another year of injuries or players (Tom) playing like they are/were. And the fact that we haven't had a run of games where we've had the same spine has not helped our consistency in attack. The forwards have shown they are capable of matching it with most teams, they just need to bring it every week instead of every now and again. If we can get a settled team post SOO, I think we can still make the 8.

We have the potential to be a much better team than what we have shown this year. I don’t think we will play finals this season. With how tight the comp is this season, I think we would have to win 8 of our last 12 to just sneak into the 8.

I would like to see us aim up and beat the Dolphins, Roosters and smash the Dragons this season
Don't sell us short AD, it's a tight comp with every team (baring the Panthers) capable of beating each other regardless of form. Team to beat is still the Panthers in my view tho.

We just seem to be the same team we have been for years now - capable at times but just too many errors and always a heap of injuries.

I was really optimistic the new coaching staff had changed the discipline part of it when we were really good at the basics for the first month of the season. But it didnt take long to revert back to old habits.

With players such as Paseka, Jake, Haumole, DCE, Schuster, Koula, Saab, Garrick and Turbo this should be a top8 team. But its touch and go whether we make it or not.
yeah...it sure is frustrating ain't it..

I look at our top squad and think we should make the 8 just based on what I saw last week.

Then you take in the fact that we can't get this squad on the field most of the year due to injury and SOO, combined with the fact that we get dudded on at least one close game every half a year and it starts to look hard.

That said, I think 7 or 12 gets us in.

NYEagle

We’ve been far too inconsistent thus far - we can turn up for the likes of the Storm & Canberra games then go to pieces in games like yesterdays.

I know we were missing Jake, Turbo & DCE but every other team seems to be able to maintain some form of consistency when missing key players.

For too long we’ve been a 1/2/3 man team, meaning if one of Jake/Turbo/DCE is out, we fall in a heap.

It’s not just the physical capabilities of these 3 that we miss when they’re out, it’s their determination to lead & hunger to win that is unfortunately lacking throughout the rest of the team.

Last edited:
I am so frustrated with this team that I could not be bothered writing a new report card and am just going to copy, paste and issue the one from June 2022 as I am not convinced that they have learned anything new…

I might hold off on giving them the rainbow ribbon this time tho…

Would agree with the original post and hoping for more consistency with combinations for the second half of the year. One positive, with the arrival of Jake Arthur we won't have to see anymore of C Johns.

Grade wise, nothing more than a C.

Definitely a middle of the road team that could be in a much better position by having some luck with injuries (doesn't happen for us) and some luck with the referees (also doesn't happen for us). Unfortunately neither of those can be used as an excuse for not beating teams like the Knights (twice) and the Titans at home. Results like those just cancel out the good results like beating Melbourne and smashing the Raiders away..

As someone who was glad to see Des gone I now feel Seibold is heading down the same path. Some of the team selections lately have been incredibly uninspiring and it came to a head with Johns yesterday. How GCKT has not even been picked on the bench with all our injuries lately I'll never know, we've been crying out for an attacking hooker for years now. We also signed Aaron fkn Woods and let go of two young forwards who we definitely could've used recently

C+ for mine but real potential to be downgraded, anyone who thinks we will be playing finals should have a look our draw for the second half of the year. Eels away without the origin players, Storm away likely without Tommy, Roosters twice (decent chance of them improving and our recent record against them is poor), Sharks away, Dragons at the Gong (haven't won there since 2003), Panthers who we've lost our last 7 to. Don't want to write us off yet but a lot will have to go right for a team as inconsistent as us to make the 8.

We’ve been far too inconsistent thus far - we can turn up for the likes of the Storm & Canberra games then go to pieces in games like yesterday’s.

I know we were missing Jake, Turbo & DCE but every other team seems to be able to maintain some form of consistency when missing key players.

For too long we’ve been a 1/2/3 man team, meaning if one of Jake/Turbo/DCE is out, we fall in a heap.

It’s not just the physical capabilities of these 3 that we miss when they’re out, it’s their determination to lead & hunger to win that is unfortunately lacking throughout the rest of the team.
i think you make a good point about the leadership. We basically have 3 very senior guys and then it falls off a cliff.

While we have the talent to win a game like yesterday's, we have no one to take control of the game when it's time to win it.

TBH I think we miss the 8 this year, unless both our luck improves on injuries and our SOO guys return fit and desperately keen. I think Easts and Parra (hate saying it) will shoehorn their way in at the expense of the Warriors and one of Dolphies or Raiders.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4