Half way - report card

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I be honest we are going sideways.
Under Penn majority ownership 4 coaches 50 percent finals record never been a real title threat.
I have question marks on coach does not seem.to inspire roster and there still question marks on some of roster difference between best and worst game.
Having clowns like Cooper Johns playing firsts while Cade Cust is in UK makes me wonder if they know what they are doing.
I have a feeling scott fulton is going to chase and probably succeed in taking Tartak clients away from us.

Hate making excuses but considering some of the distractions we've had, to still stay in touch of the 8 is actually a decent result. Our best player apparently not being 100% until last week and Josh Schuster and his fitness dramas that he's had and only has managed to play 4 games, that's two of our biggest strike weapons that we've had problems with and we still are going to be 10th and 1 point outside the 8. We saw what a fit and firing Schuster and Tom means to our team, just imagine if we could've had them like this earlier and strung more consistent games together. That's what's been our biggest problem. I'm hoping those two stay fit and are ready to make a second half season charge.

Under Penn majority ownership 4 coaches 50 percent finals record never been a real title threat.
I have question marks on coach does not seem.to inspire roster and there still question marks on some of roster difference between best and worst game.
Having clowns like Cooper Johns playing firsts while Cade Cust is in UK makes me wonder if they know what they are doing.
I have a feeling scott fulton is going to chase and probably succeed in taking Tartak clients away from us.
I’ve got a mate who’s a tigers fan and he has been saying for years that the tigers are going to get our best juniors and was so excited when feledy and sione fainu went over there.

I don’t get why anyone including Scott Fulton would target out juniors. They are no better than any others clubs. Probably worse.
Tiges have a huge junior base in Campbelltown and MacArthur. Far bigger than ours.
It’s not as if we have been that successful the last ten years or Scott Fulton has blown it out of the water with our teams.
We’ve barely made the eight for years.
Only the dragons the knights and tigers were after Fulton. Notice the broncos storm or panthers weren’t.
In fact his main signings for us lately have been tuilagi and aloai from the tigers who have been very average. Who else has Fulton brought to us of any note the last few years ? Morgan Boyle ? Garrick was good - granted.
To my point above sure he has brought some juniors through but we haven’t made the grand final for ten years and every club has good juniors.

I can't see us being serious contenders for as long as we have the same ownership and recruitment structure in place.
How is it that Easts have already recruited two of the best players in the NRL, Spencer Leniu and Dom Young, for next season when they already have the best roster in the league? Easts have virtually no juniors yet are still under the Cap?
The answer is simple: their owners, administrators and recruitment officers are smart enough to get away with rorting the system; whether that be finding ways to pay players more than the Cap auditors see, or bribing the Cap auditors to look the other way.
Souths have cottoned on and are manipulating the system as well, but at least they have a continual batch of good juniors . . . until Easts get to them.
Brisbane and Penrith have a never ending supply of juniors, plus leagues Club funding, to ensure they will always be contenders.
Melbourne have rich owners and an uncanny knack of identifying cheap talent.
Sadly, when I analyse each club, I feel that Manly has the least structure, juniors, money, recruitment intelligence etc to be winners.
Unless we adopt similar tactics to that of Easts I fear we are cooked.
Please explain to me why I am wrong.
The only things I would mildly dispute are:

The Leagues’ Club’s fortunes, which appear to be tracking upwards; and

Our juniors’ numbers are nowhere near as small as some think. It’s how the identification, encouragement and retention (of promising players) appears to have gone awry.

Agree though that the ‘smell of an oily rag’ approach, courtesy of the Penn (and associates) involvement, is acting as a massive handbrake on M-W regaining the enduring success that most of us are used to.

Last edited:
Despite the baggage, I would much prefer Flanagan as coach to Seibold. Now it looks like Shane is re-entering the Dragons’ orbit as their next coach. We’ll be stuck with Godbold.

Hate making excuses but considering some of the distractions we've had, to still stay in touch of the 8 is actually a decent result. Our best player apparently not being 100% until last week and Josh Schuster and his fitness dramas that he's had and only has managed to play 4 games, that's two of our biggest strike weapons that we've had problems with and we still are going to be 10th and 1 point outside the 8. We saw what a fit and firing Schuster and Tom means to our team, just imagine if we could've had them like this earlier and strung more consistent games together. That's what's been our biggest problem. I'm hoping those two stay fit and are ready to make a second half season charge.
Completely disagree, our forwards are soft and there seems no structure in attack or defence

I’ve got a mate who’s a tigers fan and he has been saying for years that the tigers are going to get our best juniors and was so excited when feledy and sione fainu went over there.

I don’t get why anyone including Scott Fulton would target out juniors. They are no better than any others clubs. Probably worse.
Tiges have a huge junior base in Campbelltown and MacArthur. Far bigger than ours.
It’s not as if we have been that successful the last ten years or Scott Fulton has blown it out of the water with our teams.
We’ve barely made the eight for years.
Only the dragons the knights and tigers were after Fulton. Notice the broncos storm or panthers weren’t.
In fact his main signings for us lately have been tuilagi and aloai from the tigers who have been very average. Who else has Fulton brought to us of any note the last few years ? Morgan Boyle ? Garrick was good - granted.
To my point above sure he has brought some juniors through but we haven’t made the grand final for ten years and every club has good juniors.
And we won’t make the GF for another 10 years ! 😡

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7