Hadley wants AFB gone for 8 weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Saint Ray. Butter wouldn't melt in his high moral mouth would it.....

I'd give a warning about the language used in this, but I think we're all mature enough in here to handle it without having a meltdown over it.

Last edited:
The moral panic was always going to happen, which is why I said AFB gone for two weeks was as good as we could've hoped for. As a matter of procedural fairness, they shouldn't be able to add charges (especially when the "new" words were included in the referee's original report) once he's accepted a guilty plea, but I wouldn't bet against it. I expected better from PVL, but the NRL administration has always been knee-jerk first, think later. Don't expect that to ever change.

I use to like Ray years ago but for about the last 10 years or so I can't stand the bloke.

He comes across as all nice until you have a different opinion to him, tries to use his power to influence decisions.
I remember when his ex wife moved on with Matt Parish, Ray tried to get him sacked from the blues staff.

He always seems to be having issue with someone and which he tries to bully to get what he wants.

Peter Vlandys will be in his sights if AFB doesn't get regraded to miss 8 games, thats the sort of bloke he is, can't accept the umpires decision.

Last edited:
Hadley is, as they say, a legend in his own mind. The guy was an auction sales caller, and taxi driver before he got a break into radio. He used his auction sales calling well to call rugby league, but he has no experience anywhere else. His only advantage from anyone else on the street, is that he has the microphone. What he says on it is more often than not, unresearched opinion, no better than any average person on the street. Amazes me that anyone takes what he says seriously.

That's the call where Ray called a colleague a "f*in spastic"

Hypocrisy at its Best .
Ray has gone off like a arrogant out of control imbecile calling a colleague every name under the sun and now wants to put the spotlight on AFB.
Take a good look at your self in the mirror Ray . You are a no ray of sunshine in your hypocritical AFB remark .

Peter V'landys has suggested that Tongan star Addin Fonua-Blake will face further punishment following reports the player allegedly also called the whistleblower a “spastic” as the pair went up the tunnel after fulltime. #NRL

Stupid and let the team down. Not a good look for our culture and say what you like about a club like the Roosters but none of their players would cross this line.

Manly should get on the front foot given the way this is heading and add on 2 weeks due to the reported incident in the tunnel.

Regardless of what we think of the refereeing decision they cannot be subject to abuse and Vlandy's understands this. Otherwise you open the floodgates.

Stupid and let the team down. Not a good look for our culture and say what you like about a club like the Roosters but none of their players would cross this line.

Manly should get on the front foot given the way this is heading and add on 2 weeks due to the reported incident in the tunnel.

Regardless of what we think of the refereeing decision they cannot be subject to abuse and Vlandy's understands this. Otherwise you open the floodgates.
given he can't play against the cowboys anyway, they could just stand him down for an additional week and come out looking pro-active anyway

Out of all the words he said I reckon his downfall was saying "you're" instead of "that's". You can say almost anything on a footy field, just can't direct it at the ref.

People are complaining about what has happened in recent times. Great. But the club has to take a good chunk of the blame for the unprofessional way it has gone about certain things - white anting a club legend, taking strategic advice from the likes of Peters (what a joke), bringing back Bob the Dinosaur and his bullying family, hiring an unproven outsider as coach before seeing the light...let’s face it, it has been a gold standard soap opera.

Let Humphreys, Des and co. go about their business and things will turn around.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6