[Resurrected] Gutho at 5/8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not sure why there is confusion about Gutho.

The club decided that other areas of the team / players needed to be brought in (such as Walker and Marty). As most of the cap had already been spent or nominally allocated the only alternative was to move players on where they might still need to pay for some of their contract but not the whole amount i.e. Matty Ballin who is being paid by us and the tigers

Here is where it gets interesting. From all reports the club tried to move on players like Mateo and Burgess however the players, as is their right, refused to move / would not be taken by other teams.

So what can the club do? They have to release players who they might have wanted to retain, like Gutho and Hiku, as they were attractive to other clubs and less likely to play regular first grade when compared to the players coming on board

Yeah...but why isn't Moltzen playing?????

Define play...for him...

operation.jpg

• 😆
Reactions: lsz
Not sure why there is confusion about Gutho.

The club decided that other areas of the team / players needed to be brought in (such as Walker and Marty).
So, what is your opinion now of that strategy? Does one Walker equal a Gutherson and a Hiku? Both were happy at Manly and would be in our backline tonight. Walker has been a 6 out of 10, for mine.
It's obvious that the Bozo strategy has failed because we had to buy another back mid-season. Where did that money come from? I thought we had cap issues, hence the culling of good players.

So, what is your opinion now of that strategy? Does one Walker equal a Gutherson and a Hiku? Both were happy at Manly and would be in our backline tonight. Walker has been a 6 out of 10, for mine.
It's obvious that the Bozo strategy has failed because we had to buy another back mid-season. Where did that money come from? I thought we had cap issues, hence the culling of good players.
One walker is double what hiku and Gutherson can provide for the future, it looks stupid now but walker is a future Australia centre and hiku and Gutho are good players but not as good as what walker provides

That is my point exactly...it is not one player for player rather they had to release the players that were attractive to other clubs. To make a comparison you would need to include other recruits and players who were retained (like Marty t etc)

One walker is double what hiku and Gutherson can provide for the future, it looks stupid now but walker is a future Australia centre and hiku and Gutho are good players but not as good as what walker provides
A very optimistic view this. Hiku being an NZ international & Gutho will be a top NRL player in a few years. Already he is cooking...

A very optimistic view this. Hiku being an NZ international & Gutho will be a top NRL player in a few years. Already he is cooking...
Gutho won't be a top player in the NRL he played one good game which was last night and it's was fullback. Walker is way better than both of them combined in the long run.

Holy two year old post gravedig Batman! Arthur has to try something, so this is it. To me it’s less about Gutho, he will go fine, and more about Norman at fullback who will be a disaster.

This bloke could toil away for the next 5 years, then play 3 good games in a row.....and hey presto! They will come flying out of the woodwork to remind us all of the death of Manly when Gutherson left.

He is an above average first grader. That's it. A personality and stupid haircuts don't make me mourn a player who left years ago and has not dominated anything since.

I doubt that there is much purpose in discussing Gutho in the same sentence as sea eagles...at least for the next couple of years. He's Parra's saviour and enjoying the adulation. And Manly hardly showed much respect for him when he was signed up with us and then shown the door..

No disrespect to Gutho, But how bad are Parra going when fans are referring to him as King Gutho and looking at him like a savior. He is a slightly above average player that is very injury prone. I do wish he had stayed but I wouldn't have thought we would be referring to him as our saviour.

Doesn't-matta have had a long list of "saviors" since their run in the 80s. They've never really delivered though.

Players, coaches, you name it they've had them all. But the only thing that grows is their wooden spoon collection.

I noticed that Walker was involved in a sledging-related scuffle in that match.
He really has form, doesn't he?

It'll put a lot of attention and opposition mark ups on guvvo.
All because Norman Bates has lost it.
I can't stand either of them, or Moses.
Guvvo jumping around like a two year old celebrating the most trivial things.
Too many hooray harrys in that team.
And while on the slime it shows what a farce Queen Arthur is as a coach now that semis gone.
F*cking one trick pony.
Wankers all !!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4