[Resurrected] Gutho at 5/8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With the way Parramatta are playing this season, their forwards are getting most of the spoils. Not necessarily a bad thing as they are more competitive now. Outside of that, their centres are going great but not setting up much for their wingers.

Radradra scored something like 50 tries at a 100% strike rate prior to this season. Now he's hovering around 50-60% for this season.

Gutherson looking great there in beating Hopoate when Hoppa had a real shot at him. He looked bad when Rona scored the 1st try but you can put that try down to Parra's right side getting their numbers horribly wrong.

I think everyone overreacts a little when it comes to Clinton Gutherson. Would we have loved to have kept him? Yes! Did he leave to have a better opportunity to play first grade at above club? Yes!
He had only played what 11 or so first grade games at manly and is still only so young. He has a lot in front of him and a lot of improvement left In him. I think he is going to be a pretty solid first grader for a long time to come yet, hopefully it will be back with us in the future though :))

Gutherson belongs at fullback and won't come back to manly with out a fullback spot guaranteed. But unfortunately we have Tommy Turbo who is the best young fullback in the game and possibly the best young player in the game. If we had of kept Gutho we would have lost tommy

Gutherson belongs at fullback and won't come back to manly with out a fullback spot guaranteed. But unfortunately we have Tommy Turbo who is the best young fullback in the game and possibly the best young player in the game. If we had of kept Gutho we would have lost tommy

There's no shame in admitting that they are both very good young players. I wanted both in our first grade team this year but we only kept one by the club's choosing.

I don't know where this myth has come from that Gutherson wanted out because he wouldn't be playing fullback. Tom and Clint are great mates and would love to playing alongside each other. I think it's more realistic that Gutho moved on because Snake had fullback nailed down and Jorge/Tom were preferred as the wingers and so he had no guaranteed spot in first grade, even though he was ready.

Sorry but it's not unfortunate that we have Tom T, it's destiny. Manly have a strange ability to find the best players in the NRL.

Exactly. Why would he sign a contract last year with Manly, if that were not the case?

3 year extension to be exact.

I'd have to go through my history of posts to find it but I posted a photo of Clint's Instagram when he signed the extension. He was front and centre of a photo with his arms around the Trbojevic's, celebrating the fact that they had all extended until 2017.

Gutho could of had one more year playing back up to fullback, wing and centre this year. He could of almost played every game this year due to the amount of injuries to our backline this year!
Jamie Lyon retires at the end of the year and then he can take over the centre spot for next year next to Matai.
I think it was more a fact that we let him go to ease salary cap pressure once walker and taupau had come on board

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
Great Guthbo had a good game tonight and managed to beat hoppa for a try but we must remember the extremely poor eight games he has played previously this season.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4