[Resurrected] Gutho at 5/8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great Guthbo had a good game tonight and managed to beat hoppa for a try but we must remember the extremely poor eight games he has played previously this season.

Which games were they? I've kept a keen eye over him all season and keep a balanced opinion. I'd say that 3 of his games have been poor to average and the other 6 have been good.

Which games were they? I've kept a keen eye over him all season and keep a balanced opinion. I'd say that 3 of his games have been poor to average and the other 6 have been good.

In my opinion he has been average in every game this season. He was OK tonight when he caught a three meter forward pass and beat another average ex Manly play, Hopate, to score.
Just my opinion but he is no Tom Turbo and history will prove me correct.

In my opinion he has been average in every game this season. He was OK tonight when he caught a three meter forward pass and beat another average ex Manly play, Hopate, to score.

What parts of his game have been average this year? Keep in mind that Semi's try scoring rate was at 100% prior to this season and is about half that for this season. Jennings and Takairangi are scoring most of the tries and leaving few highlights for their wingers.

Gutho's work off the ball has been great and he has made reads in defence throughout the season that have saved tries.

I can only think that he doesn't bend the line when he makes direct contact on a kick return. Other than that, he has done well.

All of your players need to be doing well to be 6-3 and conceding less than 14 points per game.

2 mates of mine who support the slime cannot stand Gutho. Call him Clit Cu**erson or Clit Butterfingers lol.

What parts of his game have been average this year? Keep in mind that Semi's try scoring rate was at 100% prior to this season and is about half that for this season. Jennings and Takairangi are scoring most of the tries and leaving few highlights for their wingers.

Gutho's work off the ball has been great and he has made reads in defence throughout the season that have saved tries.

I can only think that he doesn't bend the line when he makes direct contact on a kick return. Other than that, he has done well.

All of your players need to be doing well to be 6-3 and conceding less than 14 points per game.
Tonight's was his first good game for the year. He was butter fingers up until tonight. His defence reads do not save tries. If anything they set up tries. He is not a winger full stop and has been very very average till tonight.

To me the question is not "is he better than Tom/Snake" but "is he better than Hex/Lavaka/Wright/Goodall"

I think had he stayed he could have provided Hiku like backup. With the potential for more.
He is better than our current back ups of course but he wasn't going to stay if he couldn't get a game in the FG team

2 mates of mine who support the slime cannot stand Gutho. Call him Clit Cu**erson or Clit Butterfingers lol.
Parra fans are dopes though. You should raise your standards by not associating with them. I would not call any parra fan a mate.

Clit's goal kicking was a bit off but it looks like a technical issue to my untrained eyes. Ball went straight but he was off target.

Is it a setup thing? Anyone goal kickers out there??

Clit's goal kicking was a bit off but it looks like a technical issue to my untrained eyes. Ball went straight but he was off target.

It's all those fancy, girly plastic whatsits they use. What was wrong with the good old sand bucket, and a toe poke.

To answer your question it isn't a technical problem it is an eyesight problem. Generally caused by squinty eye, as a result of too tight underwear.

Lack of practice. He was ridge like in junior reps, u/18 state team etc

So, the Eels can win without ex-Manly superstars Whatnow and Foran . . . but not without two that selectors thought unworthy of our club, Gutherson and Gower.

Not sure why there is confusion about Gutho.

The club decided that other areas of the team / players needed to be brought in (such as Walker and Marty). As most of the cap had already been spent or nominally allocated the only alternative was to move players on where they might still need to pay for some of their contract but not the whole amount i.e. Matty Ballin who is being paid by us and the tigers

Here is where it gets interesting. From all reports the club tried to move on players like Mateo and Burgess however the players, as is their right, refused to move / would not be taken by other teams.

So what can the club do? They have to release players who they might have wanted to retain, like Gutho and Hiku, as they were attractive to other clubs and less likely to play regular first grade when compared to the players coming on board

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2