Gus Gorne

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Has been so successful at Penrith by overseeing the Panthers club sucking the community dry with pokie addicts. Yep a great measure of success in Australia these days is how big a local club can get by fleecing it's community.

Has been so successful at Penrith by overseeing the Panthers club sucking the community dry with pokie addicts. Yep a great measure of success in Australia these days is how big a local club can get by fleecing it's community.
Luckily for Australia the Panthers Group picks the pockets of 6 communities across the state now not just the battlers from the Riff

They only bleed about 75 million out of the community from pokies!

You could almost see it coming after he said publicly that he never wanted Ivan Cleary back as coach but the club board had overruled him because they feared losing his kid if they didn't get Ivan back. It was obvious they were pulling in different directions.

And personally I think Penrith went the wrong way. Yes he has a cool head on young shoulders, and yes he can kick goals, but I honestly think that Nathan Cleary is overrated as a player, and for that matter so is Ivan Cleary as a coach.

The spin continues. Gould:
"Penrith has never been in such a strong position" (except on the premiership ladder)
"I was not so worried about the premiership" (except when I announced we'd win the premiership back in .....)

Webster SMH
“Dressed in his trademark Panthers polo shirt, Gould told the Herald it was simply the right time to end his third reincarnation at the club, which he played for in the 1970s before coaching them to their maiden premiership in 1991.”

In fact it was only his second reincarnation at the club. The first time was the “incarnation”.

The spin continues. Gould:
"Penrith has never been in such a strong position" (except on the premiership ladder)
"I was not so worried about the premiership" (except when I announced we'd win the premiership back in .....)

Yes, I read that and thought "Hang on, didn't have a famous 5 year plan?"

Another revisionist soon to be full time journo. Shall fit right in I think.

I'm not a fan of Gus and his support for the proposed GI salary cap rort at Souths was the last straw for me.

tumblr_npvz8lorrJ1ur0mm6o7_250.gif

What is interesting is Gould gave horsehead a handshake deal to be the riffs coach this year.

That strange rumour of Ivan the terrible coaching Manly before Madge was the Man and then DES seems rather credible.

Lets see who really won out of that coaching merry go round at seasons end shall we.

This would explain his "sad sack" attitude on the footy show Monday night, 100% footy i think its called.
He had this coming, his approach was that he was a know it all, a self proclaimed god father of the game.
Even the Riff have had enough and fair call imo.
yea now SHUT UP GUS.

He's done well. 2011 Penrith was a basket case. 8 years on they're professionally run, juniors I'm good shape and financially solid. Results on field aside, he's done his job.

He's done well. 2011 Penrith was a basket case. 8 years on they're professionally run, juniors I'm good shape and financially solid. Results on field aside, he's done his job.

Yes as far as I understand, theirs are actually local juniors too. By comparison, I am not sure if our junior Rugby League player base has actually grown on the Northern Beaches in the past 10 years or so.

We have done well in Holden Cup, Matts and SG Ball recently, but a lot of our squads are recruits from other areas and not locals per se. Which is fine but we need to make sure we still have our own home-grown talent continuing to come through.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8