Gus Gorne

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Official?

Sources say "set" to be dumped on wednesday....

Phil Gould's time at the Penrith Panthers is set to come to an end with the club to hold a board meeting on Wednesday.

As it stands, Gould is still employed by the Panthers.

NRL.com understands the board will move to ratify plans around Gould's departure from his post as the club's general manager of football at the meeting.

Panthers chairman Dave O'Neill declined to comment when contacted by NRL.com.

MORE TO COME

I would get out of there too if I was Gus...the Cleary debacle is a stuff up of gigantic proportions that he had nothing to do with. Penrith have always been a second team for lots of NRL fans, being Western Sydney battlers and underdogs, but they lost a lot of credibility when they went after Ivan in the manner that they did.

Gus doesn't get off scot-free though. I cannot believe they would be so dumb as to lose Peachey, Moylan, Cartwright and co. when they finally had a premiership winning roster together. Some stupid decisions have been made over there. Signing Griffin and then Maloney are two of the worst. Employing a coach (Griffin) who already had a reputation for pissing players and staff off, cost them some really talented players...

Gus will be well out of it .... place is starting to have all the elements needed for a Greek tragedy ....

Support for those theorising about his recent article gloryifying the Rorter's amazing success "developing" players? Back to Bondi for BeeSting?

At first glance that would appear to be the most likely .... but Easts have it got it all together on and off the field at the moment ... and as we discussed in another thread ... doesn't take much to upset apple carts these days ... why would Easts risk it .... don't need him and can't see Robinson smiling on the reception line ....

Where else .... who needs him ?

I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't bother seeking employment elsewhere. He doesn't need the money and he isn't getting any younger. I always thought he took on the job at Penrith due to his past ties with the club and his desire to see a rugby league heartland prosper again. I don't know that he was necessarily seeking employment in that capacity. He will be very disappointed not to leave with a premiership.

At first glance that would appear to be the most likely .... but Easts have it got it all together on and off the field at the moment ... and as we discussed in another thread ... doesn't take much to upset apple carts these days ... why would Easts risk it .... don't need him and can't see Robinson smiling on the reception line ....

Where else .... who needs him ?
Parra aren't signing anyone yet, not even their Coach. Was Gus already doing a Flanno :rolleyes:

Dogs could do with some direction :nod:

Greenturd maybe in jail by next week if JDB wins :D

This would explain his "sad sack" attitude on the footy show Monday night, 100% footy i think its called.
He had this coming, his approach was that he was a know it all, a self proclaimed god father of the game.
Even the Riff have had enough and fair call imo.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8