Gus Gorne

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I would get out of there too if I was Gus...the Cleary debacle is a stuff up of gigantic proportions that he had nothing to do with. Penrith have always been a second team for lots of NRL fans, being Western Sydney battlers and underdogs, but they lost a lot of credibility when they went after Ivan in the manner that they did.

Gus doesn't get off scot-free though. I cannot believe they would be so dumb as to lose Peachey, Moylan, Cartwright and co. when they finally had a premiership winning roster together. Some stupid decisions have been made over there. Signing Griffin and then Maloney are two of the worst. Employing a coach (Griffin) who already had a reputation for pissing players and staff off, cost them some really talented players...
While signing Griffin was a poor decision that led to them losing some talent, he was right to pursue Bennett before the board hoodwinked him and signed up Cleary instead. All this talk around Cleary being a good coach doesn't line up with his results and while Souths do have a superior squad on paper, Bennett is still doing a fair bit better than Penrith are under Cleary.

I almost commented a few days ago how strange it is for a senior club official like Gus to be writing over the top gushing articles about how fantastic the storm and roosters are.

There's always Canterbury Bankstown. They are in strife and Gould coached and played there. Could be a match.

He can go up the M1 and take his super coach TB with him and fix Newcastle.

He may be praising Easts but don't think they would want him back.

Gould would not have lasted nearly as long had he not been at a club with a successful Leagues Club acting as a cash cow for his wild excesses.
How's that $20M Centre of Excellence working out for you Gus?
And that five-year plan to a premiership went yellow around the edges four years ago.

There will always be a home for him at the Chooks. I actually think he cheers on the Chooks even when they are playing Penrith. He always seems more eager to talk them up than his own club.

Doesn't he just? I cant stand him commentating Roosters games, once he starts gushing he doesnt stop.

I wonder how many times this season he's mentioned that the Roosters will always make a play at a kick through to their tryline because they'd rather turn the ball over for a scrumfeed than let the opposition through for a try?

Maybe Gus realises that if he wants to have a team full of representative players who will win premierships without having their cap questioned he needs to go back to the chooks. He's been putting in the ground work with his praise about their player development.
And from a Barrett point of view you'd think the panthers would have won a premiership by now with all the garden furniture they have.

The word is up here on the central coast that Gus has officially retired from rugby league.
He has decided to settle on a more sedate life as an exhibit at the reptile park just moving his eyes, catching flies with his tongue and rarely talking sensible stuff unless he launches into a pre origin speech.
Much like he's already doing really without the pressure...

Let's now read how his media mates spin the wonderful turnaround Gus has engineered for the Chocolate Soldiers who have been oh so successful during his tenure.
They will conveniently forget that the 'Riff have the largest junior nursery in NSW and the largest and richest Leagues Club in Australia who throw money at their team.
Can you imaging how successful Manly would be with those two luxuries?

Have been saying for years ,the head of the Nrl has his name written all over it.No one could do more re righting the Nrl ship than Gus.
Also by fixing the game, he could continue feeding his massive ego and growing that head bigger.
With all the petitions and things bandied around these days ,this is one I would love to see made.Sack Turd ,Hire Gould.I bet you could put it too all the other fan sites and most team supporters would get on board..
Someone with time ,get it done....,,,,

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8