• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Perhaps. I don't believe in the whole left and right paradigm. It's an illusion that only really exists amongst the citizens of nations. It works a treat at keeping a country divided, though.

As for the snowflakes - turn on your tv for evidence of their dominating existence. The ABC, David Campbell, the Project, Karl Stefanovic should do the trick. If you can stomach much more after that lot, then you're likely a snowflake yourself.

By comparison, the authentic men and women who lived through the great recession and two world wars - they definitely weren't snowflakes.
I do not see any value in calling someone a snowflake

I disagree with a number of opinions but have found that calling people names never solves anything

I'm sure that's what many have said in the past. If it provides you a transient peace believing that the rulers of mankind have changed their war mongering ways, then roll with it while you can. However, history paints a very different picture. Trade agreements and sanctions might work for a while, but in the long run....
China would obliterate us in a war. No question there. But it ain't going to happen because they won't start it and we can't live without them.

Think that the climate debate can hardly be portrayed as a left - right issue or debate as things have evolved , particularly in recent times . As i alluded to in a previous post , most major farming and business groups in Australia are all now advocating or promoting some form of net zero emissions or general pollution control measures by 2050 and these can hardly be described as trendy left wing entities or whatever . In regard to Greta "s more notable public expressions , think that she has every right to call out some world leaders for either obvious bigotry or political opportunism on climate policy whether it was Trump , that vandal leader of Brazil who has turned a blind eye to some massive deforestation in the Amazons or the current Australian P M who has on reliable reports back flipped on climate change policy because of some marginal seat"s focus polling or the current Green:s leader who helped to wreck a parliament emission "s trading scheme about 10 years ago and no doubt other world leaders . more power to her . As for the post caption on references with Greta and exploitation connotation , the fact that one in four Australian women [ and no doubt word wide ] apparently or have experienced some form of sexual assault or abuse was what i took exception to with it . I live in a region where the full spectrum of the climate change or debate is very noticeable with coal probably being the most dominant factor in the local economy , active local conservation groups , farming and general business opinions , just about the full gambit , Plenty of different and forthright views but most people accept that climate change has to be addressed within reasonable and gradual transition limits . Personally , not sure if i will be able to live as long as most of my direct family and relation "s linage mainly ranging from late eighties to two who made 103 and 106 respectively , but whether it is in regard to working or being active outdoors for a couple of more decades at least ideally and the extra potential temperature increases making that more uncomfortable , being able to still swim and surf ski at some nearby and still largely stinger free beaches [ which could easily change with warmer sea temperatures ] sure hope that something worthwhile and real can be managed and achieved with climate change policy A S A P

China would obliterate us in a war. No question there. But it ain't going to happen because they won't start it and we can't live without them.
And to a certain extent them without us !!

Unless Albo gets in and closes down all the resources and coal industry , if so we are then meaningless and they quite possibly will just send a Nuc to SYD/MEL/BNE and our population would be reduced by 7/8ths.

Then they could just roll in and take over the farming land.

PS: clearly I don’t think the above will happen but anything is possible.

And to a certain extent them without us !!

Unless Albo gets in and closes down all the resources and coal industry , if so we are then meaningless and they quite possibly will just send a Nuc to SYD/MEL/BNE and our population would be reduced by 7/8ths.

Then they could just roll in and take over the farming land.

PS: clearly I don’t think the above will happen but anything is possible.
Can't see any politician shutting down all resources. For too linked to our economy and Dollar.

Can't see any politician shutting down all resources. For too linked to our economy and Dollar.
If China goes to war against the Yanks and wins. Then we have a new world power at the too of the tree. From there, anything is possible as MFB rightly pointed out. Just ask Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran etc.

If China goes to war against the Yanks and wins. Then we have a new world power at the too of the tree. From there, anything is possible as MFB rightly pointed out. Just ask Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran etc.
If they do go to war this is how it will be fought.

1) in the South China Sea over the Spratley Islands and mostly by sea / air.

2) at the same time North Korea will invade South Korea stretching the US’s ability to fight a war on two fronts.

3) and the ultimate goal , Taiwan , with the US weakened they’ll stroll into Taipei and the Chinese premier will go down in history as the one who reunited the nation.

There won’t be an invasion of the homelands by either side and nuclear weapons won’t play a role.

But yes China could well be the big winner and the new world superpower.

If they do go to war this is how it will be fought.

1) in the South China Sea over the Spratley Islands and mostly by sea / air.

2) at the same time North Korea will invade South Korea stretching the US’s ability to fight a war on two fronts.

3) and the ultimate goal , Taiwan , with the US weakened they’ll stroll into Taipei and the Chinese premier will go down in history as the one who reunited the nation.

There won’t be an invasion of the homelands by either side and nuclear weapons won’t play a role.

But yes China could well be the big winner and the new world superpower.
And the end of the petrodollar

I see Biden served Scott Morrison up on a plate to Macron today. The guy is copping it on multiple fronts.
Let’s not forget Macron is facing re-election very soon in France so much of this hissy fit is for his domestic audience.

Honestly , it’s pretty poor form from a world leader.

And anyway , who gives a **** about France , we buy their cars , their wine and I’d say they buy absolutely **** all from us.

So just like the Bears they can **** off too!!

So , no Russia , no China , India setting a target 50 years down the track.

Wonder what our Ms Thunberg thinks about that ??

Just means all the other countries will need to give more money for the UN to buy the votes of Afganistan, Libya, Syria and all the other piss-ant countries .. what, you are a land locked Nation, no problem, you will still need 10 billion to protect you from sea level rises, here's a cheque, by the way, we need your vote on mandating fluid gender guide lines for teaching in all primary schools .. thanks

young Greta may be learning impaired, but she ain't dumb enough to call out China or Russia ... attacking easy targets like Aust and the USA is the UN's standard fall back play ...

So it’s not “ how dare you “ now it’s “ no more blah blah blah “.

Pleased she’s got some new lines.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8