Greg Inglis Charged with Assault

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
NRL
Allegations Melbourne Storm star Greg Inglis charged with assaulting girlfriend

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25910067-23214,00.html
    August 10, 2009

ALLEGATIONS have arisen on Monday that Melbourne Storm star Greg Inglis has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend.

Victoria Police would not confirm Inglis as the charged man but said a 22-year-old Altona Meadows man had been arrested about noon (EST) on Monday.

"He was bailed to appear at the Sunshine Magistrates' Court on Wednesday on charges of recklessly causing injury and unlawful assault," a Victoria Police spokeswoman said.

The police spokesperson would not confirm the nature of the alleged injuries or when and where the alleged incident took place.

The NRL has been made aware of allegations against Inglis, but are awaiting further information from the NRL club before commenting.

The Seven Network has reported the Melbourne Storm board was meeting on Monday night to discuss the allegations.

It is yet another major blow to the NRL's credibility as Inglis had been one of two stars for the code's major advertising campaign.

The Queensland Origin star and Manly's Brett Stewart were the faces of the campaign filmed in the off-season, Inglis promoted to top billing in March when Stewart was charged with sexual assault.

The NRL re-worked the $1.5 million campaign to remove Stewart from the advertising and focus entirely on Inglis.

AAP

He wont go, remeber Stewart went because "he was drunk at an official function" and "he is the face of the game"

That means the only way Inglis would go is if he were drunk at an official function.

If Inglis is found guilty then thats a whole new ball game.

A precedent has been sent and Inglis should certainly be stood down, whilst given the presumption of innocence.

I am so glad that this great Qlder is also returning to his Bowraville to put back into the community!!!! ;)

this story has given me a woody
i hope he gets smashed in the media like poor stewy did

Fluffy link said:
He wont go, remeber Stewart went because \"he was drunk at an official function\" and \"he is the face of the game\"

That means the only way Inglis would go is if he were drunk at an official function.

I was thinking the same.. The Nrl will totally pedal out some lame line to let him get away with it.

If it's true, I really hope the girl is doing okay atm.. Will be super tough :(

Fluffy link said:
He wont go, remeber Stewart went because \"he was drunk at an official function\" and \"he is the face of the game\"

Well, going off that then Taumata got the sack for getting into a fight while on a Storm contract, Tevita Latu got his contract ripped up for punching some sheila at a servo...

GI will not play this weekend. What happens after that is anyone's guess, but Gallop has absolutely no choice but to stand him down this weekend.

We're a month out from the finals for f*cks sake. Rugby league can't afford to keep getting knocked down.

0,,5956483,00.jpg

Storm star Greg Inglis defended his girlfriend Sally Robinson in pub argument. / News Limited picture

Inglis' selection as face of the game was always a stunning gamble given his past history. This type of headline was just waiting to happen and was predicted when Brett was replaced by Inglis.

4 weeks for a News Ltd employee? From Gallop?  lol

And it was reported that Gallop was strongly warned by US sports media experts against associating any individual players with the image of the game. And Gallop chose to ignore that advice on three separate occasions and got burned all three times. And without learning from his gross errors of judgement that the advice he had received was sound, he repeated the same errors.  And pointed fingers blamingly at players.

Accountability?

Fluffy link said:

Fluffy, I seem to recall a Gallop interview after the start of the Bullet scandal in which he connected the repercussions on the fact that Brett was the face of the game and very "recently" was the image of the NRL in that media campaign.

If I am right, & if Gallop doesnt act in like manner this time, he deserves every bit of criticism that flows on from that.

Gallop should then be sacked.

Fulton link said:
will rothfield put this on the back page after his \"scandal free zone\" was announced.
Forget the back page - maybe this is front page news. Will Styles is right though - the game has been bashed from pillar to post this season.

I hope the final series has plenty of good football to get  the focus where it should be. A firing Manly side would be a good thing to do that????

swoop link said:
I love it! Watch Gallop apply the double standards.

Knowing what happened with previous incidents and the punishments Inglis should cop 8 weeks.

Who's next in line for the \"face of rugby league\"? Gallen.

Gallen will only be Sticky's face of rugby league lol

I found this - gold !

Not folding GI's socks - Thats a paddlin.

Leaving GI's trophy slightly askew - Thats a paddlin.

Not doing the dishes - Oooh. You better believe thats a paddlin.

Excellent news.  This gives us some hope against the Storm in Melbourne.  It's a tribal world.  

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2