Greg Inglis Charged with Assault

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Are you making this up OEE?

If its right then poor girl the media will swamp her, and poor bugger Inglis will go through hell via Daily Terrograph judge jury executioner...hmmm I wonder if because he plays for a News club he might be treated differently to our poster boy Brett? Out for 4 weeks perhaps?

Both poster boys in 2009 haven't done too well have they....

I hate these sort of league stories, but I must admit the smirk this one brought to my face. Step up Mr Gallop

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I hate these sort of league stories, but I must admit the smirk this one brought to my face. Step up Mr Gallop

And watch him do his best impersonation of an ostrich  8)

I love it! Watch Gallop apply the double standards.

Knowing what happened with previous incidents and the punishments Inglis should cop 8 weeks.

Who's next in line for the "face of rugby league"? Gallen.

brookiegreg link said:

If its right then poor girl the media will swamp her, and poor bugger Inglis will go through hell via Daily Terrograph judge jury executioner...hmmm I wonder if because he plays for a News club he might be treated differently to our poster boy Brett? Out for 4 weeks perhaps?

Hey Brookiegreg, I think by now you should know by my posts that I don't make things up. I try not to critise any player (especially Manly) or idividual except for Gallop, Rubert Murdoch, News Limited or or any other media scum.

I do however call it how I see it or believe how it should be voicing my point of view only be it right or wrong.

On this one mate it was just broadcasted on Ch 7 sports report and apparently the storm have advised Gallop of the situation.

Let's see Gallops response and actioning now that a player has actually been charged but in fairness to Inglis like our own he is innocent until proven guilty by a jury.

What I can't beleive is that these football stars or clowns just never ever learn.

Hopefully this will now take away all the forum chat about how crap Manly has been of late cause I rather talk about other clubs problems not our own.

Melbourne Storm star Greg Inglis arrested over assault over girlfriend
Article from: Herald Sun

Mark Buttler

August 11, 2009 06:21pm

EXCLUSIVE: MELBOURNE Storm rugby league player Greg Inglis has been arrested over an alleged assault of his girlfriend.

Inglis was arrested at his western suburbs home today and questioned by police over an attack on his partner, which left her with a black eye.

Inglis, who is a fixture in Australian and Queensland representative teams, is regarded as one of the best players in the world.

But his glittering career may have hit a major hurdle with allegations that led to police arresting him at his Altona Meadows home today.

Inglis was later questioned by police and charged with recklessly causing injury and unlawful assault before being bailed to appear in Sunshine Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday.

The mercurial Inglis was recently awarded the Wally Lewis Medal for being best player in this year's State-of-Origin series against New South Wales.

The arrest could have massive ramifications for the Storm, which sits third on the ladder in the shadows of the finals and is another episode in a wretched off-field year for his sport.

Clubs and the code's administrator's have become increasingly intolerant of the bad off-field behaviour of players.

In May last year, Storm officials cleared Inglis of any wrong-doing after allegations he was involved in a drunken Good Friday brawl were aired on radio.

The club's chief executive Brian Waldron said at the time that the star's girlfriend Sally Robinson had been verbally insulted by a patron at the Icebergs venue in Williamstown.

``Greg took offence at the manner in which his partner was spoken to and a brief verbal exchange took place. After nothing more than a few heated words, Greg and his girlfriend left the establishment,'' Mr Waldron said.

Icebergs management later said they had no problem with the conduct of Inglis.

The Inglis drama is yet another bitter blow for the National Rugby League in a year of continuous off-field controversies.

The code chose Inglis and Manly star Brett Stewart as the faces of the code to feature in a $1.5 million advertising campaign.

But it took a major hit when sexual assault allegations were levelled against Stewart shorty before the season was due to start.

Inglis is studying to be a social worker and recently visited his old home town of Bowraville in NSW to talk to high school kids about not going down the wrong track.

He was in July voted the NRL's Good Guy of the Month for his efforts to help the young.

OneEyedEagle link said:
[quote author=brookiegreg link=topic=181321.msg236043#msg236043 date=1249893127]

Its just made ninemsn so you're read right OOE! I gogoled it the minute you posted it and it hadn't made it to the internet by then...faster than a speeding bullet haha! Anyway poor GI but many of us will be hiding sly grins

Hey Brookiegreg, I think by now you should know by my posts that I don't make things up. I try not to critise any player (especially Manly) or idividual except for Gallop, Rubert Murdoch, News Limited or or any other media scum.

I do however call it how I see it or believe how it should be voicing my point of view only be it right or wrong.

On this one mate it was just broadcasted on Ch 7 sports report and apparently the storm have advised Gallop of the situation.

Let's see Gallops response and actioning now that a player has actually been charged but in fairness to Inglis like our own he is innocent until proven guilty by a jury.

What I can't beleive is that these football stars or clowns just never ever learn.

Hopefully this will now take away all the forum chat about how crap Manly has been of late cause I rather talk about other clubs problems not our own.

[/quote]

Yes you got in faster than a speeding bullet OEE! I googled it the minute you posted this up and it hadn't yet made the internet. Are you sure you're not Clark Kent??

This will test Kneejerk Gallop. Let's see how his "Face of the Game" argument stands up now.

Good for us if Inglis gets the bullet for 4 weeks, it'll stop him using Wolfman as a speedhump again in two weeks time.

Some of the conspiracy theorists amongst us could suggest that the timing is interesting considering that the Daily Telegraph pledged last week the back page would be a scandal free zone

Gotta be honest, I feel like 1 of those scummy journos at the moment, as I am actually not all that upset over this news.

Mate I wish I was Clark Kent, could you imagine the fun I would have with the x-ray vision. I could keep all the Manly players out of trouble not that I would need to intervine cause they are all little angles. But I could also help the team in running straight and hard instead of sideways....  :p

Only speculating now but this story has the potential to stink as bad a the Greg Bird saga.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Some of the conspiracy theorists amongst us could suggest that the timing in interesting considering that the Daily Telegraph pledged last week the back page would be a scandal free zone

Gotta be honest, I feel like 1 of those scummy journos at the moment, as I am actually not all that upset over this news.

about 6 pages inside though

I'd love to be happy about this (to see whether Gallop stands by his principles or whether he wilts because it is the Storm and it's close to the finals).....

...but as a rugby league fan, I just can't be.

I'm absolutely sick of this. I'll give GI the presumption of innocence he has the right to - but I just can't handle any more headlines like this.

Hopefully Gallop handles this one better than he handled Snake earlier in the year.

I am in your position Will, I love the situation it puts Gallop in, but hate it generally as a league man

Watched him on the footy show a couple of weeks back, and he did look like a dodgy fella in that Lily Allen video haha

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I am in your position Will, I love the situation it puts Gallop in, but hate it generally as a league man

Watched him on the footy show a couple of weeks back, and he did look like a dodgy fella in that Lily Allen video haha

Spot on guy's, how much more can RL endure.

missing_something link said:
I can see his defence now….. “But sir she looked like Jamie Soward, and he kicked me sir, so as you can see it's her fault\"

missing_something , for that comment you get an applaud.

Face of the game Trifecta to Gallop: Stewie, Matty Johns and now Inglis.  

Only question now is did Greg Bird turn down the gig?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4