Grand Final Entertainment (AKA: 'The SSM Debate Thread')

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have to agree 100%, and this thread is only perpetuating it.

I’m not an AFL fan but have a really great mate who is a life long Tigers fan, so I sort of “ bought in” to the day.

What a difference it is down there, Grand Final parades, tens of thousands turning up just for a training session, a day that’s more like a festival than a football game, pre and post match entertainment, need I go on?

And here we are, on the same day arguing about Yes or No on a survey.

I know it’s an important issue, and for the record if a bloke wants to marry another bloke I’m cool with that, if a chick wants to marry another chick I’m also cool with that.

I imagine if Manly was playing today there would be none of this conversation on Silvertails, but let’s not forget they ARE playing.

Yes only the under 20’s, but they deserve as much discussion as if it’s First Grade.

Seeya over at the 20’s thread!
I see the Punt Rd ground across from the 'G was packed out too, with punters watching big screens. I did play AFL for a single season in Darwin when I lived up there for work as that's what my new mates played, so I do keep an eye on it. And I must say from top to bottom AFL kills us. I can't work out why as our game, to me, truly is the greatest game of all!

Nope got that one, I was simply talking about the day itself.

Didn’t read or see a thing about the YES, yesterday ( which was my point).

Well they did it in Grand Final week, so you've got to ask yourself why a Macklemore song is causing such a stir, while it seems the AFL has been applauded.

Well they did it in Grand Final week, so you've got to ask yourself why a Macklemore song is causing such a stir, while it seems the AFL has been applauded.

I’d suggest Tony Abbott might have something to do with it.

My point is just that it just never rated a mention yesterday, but already it’s doninating news headlines in NSW.

I have come across many who have but for their own reasons don't post their political views on social media,many of them did not grow up with social media and still view privacy in all its forms as a right.Don't know why or how you are conducting polls about how yes or no supporters answer questions lol.
Do i need to conduct a poll to have an "opinion" based on the environment and people i mix with.

All the facts in regard to the survey (it is not a vote) are in this sentence:

Do you support a change to the law to allow people of the same sex to get married?

That's it. No other agenda. The government is asking what we think.
So if by a small chance the "No" campaign won do you think in 5yrs they will ask for our "opinion" again?

The decision has already been made regardless of the outcome, by the numbers in parliament.

Do i need to conduct a poll to have an "opinion" based on the environment and people i mix with.

Come on now TC, be serious ... how many people could you possibly "mix" with in your mothers basement?

PS .... it is refreshing to hear you express yourself without all that clichéd cut and pasted technical crap.

Come on now TC, be serious ... how many people could you possibly "mix" with in your mothers basement?

PS .... it is refreshing to hear you express yourself without all that clichéd cut and pasted technical crap.
I'm getting bored delivering "Mic Drops" on your returning bruised face that i no longer derive any joy out of doing so.

I would live in a basement problem is that is more an American and European household structure.

The decision process behind taking a Yes or No stance in this topic has zero to do with making this decision based on facts(from both sides) but on a personal belief system.
This is the point - where are the facts from the no side. I am happy to read them if someone can post them

As stated the decision is not about facts on both sides never has been so why are you searching for facts---it is not a fact based decision.
It is for me
I know that you have some different views however the facts are pretty clear on this issue

It is for me
I know that you have some different views however the facts are pretty clear on this issue
What are the "facts" if the decision hasn't been made.

Both sides have an opinion on how they see the world and how it will progress from "not changing", to "equal rights" to "will slowly change the environment we live in".

If it is purely based on "equal rights" adjust or fix the rules in relation to "all" relationships to be equally "legitimate" without changing the definition.

Come to think of it i would discriminate against same sex couples having equal rights to adopt kids---they should have the right to do so but not ahead of a straight relationship seeking to adopt.

All things being equal between two couples the straight couple should always get the nod.

What are the "facts" if the decision hasn't been made.

Both sides have an opinion on how they see the world and how it will progress from "not changing", to "equal rights" to "will slowly change the environment we live in".

If it is purely based on "equal rights" adjust or fix the rules in relation to "all" relationships to be equally "legitimate" without changing the definition.

Come to think of it i would discriminate against same sex couples having equal rights to adopt kids---they should have the right to do so but not ahead of a straight relationship seeking to adopt.

All things being equal between two couples the straight couple should always get the nod.
Would it not be based on merit not gender?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4