Grand Final Entertainment (AKA: 'The SSM Debate Thread')

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So you are saying that the NRL had a poll to see what the fans wanted and they listened to the fans who wanted Macklemore .
If that is the case then why don't the NRL listen to the fans with any other NRL issues that they have . The arrogant NRL and Greenturd treats the fans like fools as far as I am concerned .....
We gotta get out of this place
If it's the last thing we ever do
We gotta get out of this place
'cause girl, there's a better life for me and you
Hahaha because they only listen to the fans on matters that they don't view as important(entertainment at half time) all other matters they only serve their own interests..

There is no argument from me on the fact that it is going to happen,SSM will happen at some point,I just think you are giving the NRL leadership and Toddy too much credit,they are bottom feeding opportunists.The "brave leadership decision" that Toddy is trying to own is more him realizing what a buzz has occurred after Macklemore decided to sing "same love" and trying to deflect the crap from the refereeing issue that is current at the moment.I doubt that Toddy even knew of the song and had any idea that he would choose to sing it....
Your right about that . I also doubt Toddy has any idea how to run the game as well

Off topic or is it back on topic, I can't remember. Back at the 78 Grand Final ( the first one ), pre match entertainment included remote control airplanes having mock dog fights, the sprint races in team jerseys, and the late John English, at the height of his career, wearing a Parramatta jersey trundling out on the back of a truck doing a number of hits. They were happier days and not a political statement in sight.

What absolute rot. There is zero discrimination under the law. The debate is about applying the term "marriage" to what same sex couples already have under the law.

If a person in a same sex relationship dies, the partner has to prove they are in a de facto relationship with that person in order to receive the deceased persons superannuation. A married partner only has to supply a marriage certificate. A same sex partner therefore has to jump through more hopes than a heterosexual partner. That's discrimination.

I think you'll find in NSW that civil registrations or partnerships can be registered with BDM and have exactly the same legal status except not being called marriage. The website of Births, Deaths and Marriages will give more info.

From the link:

For example, a person in a de facto relationship might need to prove their relationship:

• If their partner is very ill, in order to make decisions about their care and treatment (this can be prevented by having another piece of paper — an enduring power of attorney);
  • If their partner who has died, in order to be listed as their spouse on a death certificate or to be involved in funeral planning (being listed on a death certificate is critically important when it comes to claiming superannuation payouts and myriad other issues); or

This thread is done. Can I just highlight the cordial way everyone got along whatever their opinion. Speaks volumes for the character of those who support the club and are members of this site. Had it been on Facebook it would be disgusting nazi throwing drivel.

Peace out all.

Whilst “ The Killers” aren’t my type of music ( not much modern stuff is to be honest) I have to say watching the AFL today that they did do a great job BUT the best part was they played post game, for the fans and one of the Tigers players actually got up and sang a song , great stuff AFL that’s the way to engage the fans.

PS: I’m not engaging in the debate re YES / NO, how I voted is my business.

Whilst “ The Killers” aren’t my type of music ( not much modern stuff is to be honest) I have to say watching the AFL today that they did do a great job BUT the best part was they played post game, for the fans and one of the Tigers players actually got up and sang a song , great stuff AFL that’s the way to engage the fans.

PS: I’m not engaging in the debate re YES / NO, how I voted is my business.
Well said. Sport is sport; politics is politics. That is how it should remain. Reading through this debate is an excellent example of democracy in practice. Whatever the result of the survey so it shall be. 'This too will pass'.
P.S The Killers are an excellent band!

Perhaps the thread is done, as was said. Whatever else I happen to have given BOZO a stack of likes and agrees. That is a bit of a first so well done to our feathered friend from me.

Perhaps the thread is done, as was said. Whatever else I happen to have given BOZO a stack of likes and agrees. That is a bit of a first so well done to our feathered friend from me.
All feathered friends on here will always have disagreements from time to time but....... we will ALWAYS agree on one thing and that is we ALL LOVE OUR SEA EAGLES !!!

And that's the point, they don't have ALL the rights of a straight couple.
You can have all the rights without the definition is the point.

A bigger agenda is at play here not even related to the content of discussion dressed up as "Equal Rights" to make it more palatable to the masses.

I don't even care in the eyes of the law if marriage includes same sex marriage,(i would never recognize the relationship as a marriage) but i do care about the hidden agenda/intentions behind all this.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2