Good news / bad news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Little bit of an update as it’s been 2 months since my operation.

Going pretty well , still very limited as to what I can do ( as in lifting or heavy physical activity ) but that will change after the 3 months period.

Having a few incontinence issues , which sadly is part of this huge operation ( they literally disconnect your bladder , move it to the side , operate to remove the Prostate and then pull it back in and reconnect) and not having a Prostate means you have to retrain your system to adjust for not having a “ float “ that moves up and down to stem the flow. You’ll laugh but just like mums who have just had a baby I have to do a pelvic floor exercise regime , morning and night.

My 3 month anniversary is also when I do my first blood test, the PSA should be zero , if it is I’m well on the way to cancer free and the good news is the Dr was very very confident that the cancer was totally within the Prostate and not yet in the walls surrounding it, so yes my fingers are crossed in a big way and hoping for good not bad news.

So being positive we’ve planned a caravan trip to Victoria as we haven’t seen our daughter , our Rabbitohs loving son in law , and two grandkids since September 2019, we leave at the end of February right after I have the blood test and get the results and we’ll by next back until the end of April.

So in the extra good news it seems Manly always win when we are on the road so in addition to being away for the first two months of the season I’m also planning another caravan journey doing some outback tracks in SA & western QLD in late June ti the end of July.

So I’m expecting a HUGE season from the boys due to this, as I’ll be away almost the whole season .

The bad news , well the theory is a good one BUT doesn’t always work.

Go Manly

Going pretty well , still very limited as to what I can do ( as in lifting or heavy physical activity ) but that will change after the 3 months period.

Having a few incontinence issues , which sadly is part of this huge operation ( they literally disconnect your bladder , move it to the side , operate to remove the Prostate and then pull it back in and reconnect) and not having a Prostate means you have to retrain your system to adjust for not having a “ float “ that moves up and down to stem the flow. You’ll laugh but just like mums who have just had a baby I have to do a pelvic floor exercise regime , morning and night.

My 3 month anniversary is also when I do my first blood test, the PSA should be zero , if it is I’m well on the way to cancer free and the good news is the Dr was very very confident that the cancer was totally within the Prostate and not yet in the walls surrounding it, so yes my fingers are crossed in a big way and hoping for good not bad news.

So being positive we’ve planned a caravan trip to Victoria as we haven’t seen our daughter , our Rabbitohs loving son in law , and two grandkids since September 2019, we leave at the end of February right after I have the blood test and get the results and we’ll by next back until the end of April.

So in the extra good news it seems Manly always win when we are on the road so in addition to being away for the first two months of the season I’m also planning another caravan journey doing some outback tracks in SA & western QLD in late June ti the end of July.

So I’m expecting a HUGE season from the boys due to this, as I’ll be away almost the whole season .

Go Manly
Great to hear the positive signs. Looks like you got it at the right time. I keep a keen eye on my PSA twice a year. Enjoy your trip and family.
I suppose with the pelvic exercises you may develop a six pack.

Great to hear the positive signs. Looks like you got it at the right time. I keep a keen eye on my PSA twice a year. Enjoy your trip and family.
I suppose with the pelvic exercises you may develop a six pack.
You want to know the other side affects??

You loose a LOT of length , yes the bastards don’t make it bigger they withdraw it into your body!!

Oh, and the worse one , getting a stiffy!!

There’s injections ( NFW) and pills.

God help me !!

Go Manly
Thanks for keeping us informed

Your News sounds positive . Our prayers are working and so is God !

Looking forward to more good news from you feathered friend

1642727800928.png

And I thought that the bad news was that you have a Rabbitohs-loving son in law......
I think I’ve told the story about the famous game in 2013 when we knocked them out and went into the GF, I watched that game with him in a Melbourne pub , well most of it , he stormed out with about 20 minutes to go and wouldn’t talk to anyone for 3 days after it !!

Good to hear Mark, also don’t feel the need to stop traveling, come back in mid October would be ideal for all of us
Ha ha yeah that would work !!!

You gotta say though it’s as funny as all buggery , but it’s worked hasn’t it

Last year I was home for the first month , didn’t win a game , left on a trip before round 5 and the rest is history !!

It's good of you to be so open about what is happening to you Mark, it's not that common in my experience that men talk about health and I really appreciate the information. Keep up the pelvic floor regime, and Happy travels.
:)
Look if there’s one thing I can do on here , other than be a pain in the arse at times , would be to educate the 50 plus on the absolute need to do a PSA test every year.

For some reason ( and she’s usually spot on ) my GP didn’t tick the PSA test box in 2020 for my annual blood test, had she done so I may have been able to have radiation instead of radical surgery.

So boys , just do it , go to your GP and demand an annual blood test , even if you’re feeling great ( I was it’s a hidden disease ).

Catch it early and it will be much easier.

For me that two year gap saw my PSA go from 3.8 to 14.

The positive aspect of your update, Mark, is that I reckon you now have the knowledge to become a plumber to help build your self-funded retirement nest egg.

Good to hear you’re on track to a full recovery; 3 more years to go for me for the 10 year final clearance from any risk of a cancer due to leakage, ie. of cancerous cells, from the prostate cancer; PSA is effectively “0”, they won’t tell you zero, for legal reasons my GP reckons, but it’s really zero, hopefully yours will be the same.
You want to know the other side affects??

You loose a LOT of length , yes the bastards don’t make it bigger they withdraw it into your body!!

Oh, and the worse one , getting a stiffy!!

There’s injections ( NFW) and pills.

God help me !!
Jeez, you obviously didn’t pay enough for the surgeon; mine only took a few mil off the old fella, well maybe 10 or so, but I was fortunate in that after the swelling/ trauma from the op, the desired swelling re-occurred, and still does, when required.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4