Good job mods

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How do you know who deleted it KW?
He doesn't, he is just pushing his standard anti-moderation etc agenda. Not sure why he has a chip on his shoulder over the team but he does

It was me who actually deleted the thread and I've certainly not been a DCE detractor

If anyone thinks the mods are bad on here don’t join the Dictatorship of the Simeon Facebook page , that’s truly epic in how badly a place is run.

Bugger me I can’t even swear over there !!

Use any of the 4 letter words and you are hung drawn quartered and left to die on a stake!

Oh , and disagree with the Dictator and it’s death by lethal injection .

Resurrection of theads seems pretty pointless to me. Just a thought but locking them for additional comments after an arbitrary period of inactivity (3 months perhaps) could prevent a lot of the bull**** that happens on here after resurrection. Deletion is just another name for censorship. Making them read only could be a happy compromise. Commenting on posts after months of inactivity is akin to attempting to rewrite history via presonal agenda centred revisionism.

If anyone thinks the mods are bad on here don’t join the Dictatorship of the Simeon Facebook page , that’s truly epic in how badly a place is run.

Bugger me I can’t even swear over there !!

Use any of the 4 letter words and you are hung drawn quartered and left to die on a stake!

Oh , and disagree with the Dictator and it’s death by lethal injection .
Which terrible fb site is that? Some of the chat on supporters pages is not that great

Attachments

• EE0C797D-40A7-4EE1-A8C0-F72732E96764.png
    EE0C797D-40A7-4EE1-A8C0-F72732E96764.png
    355 KB · Views: 15
Resurrection of theads seems pretty pointless to me. Just a thought but locking them for additional comments after an arbitrary period of inactivity (3 months perhaps) could prevent a lot of the bull**** that happens on here after resurrection. Deletion is just another name for censorship. Making them read only could be a happy compromise. Commenting on posts after months of inactivity is akin to attempting to rewrite history via presonal agenda centred revisionism.
I posted that any blind fool can see that Croker would never be a first-grader - carried on about Brad Parker being a knock-kneed unathletic park footballer - demanded that Garrick be dropped. Now, if someone were to resurrect those threads, I would have a little chuckle, reading through the posts again.

I'd find it funny - entertaining - a laugh. However, I wasn't responsible for resurrecting the DCE thread. I haven't re-hashed a thread for weeks because the good people on Silvertails are such s-s-s-s-s-s-s-sensitive little souls.

Personal agendas? Ha- they are rife on here. Some are expressed within the boundaries of good-natured ribbing, some in wrath, while others appear to transpire beneath a banner of sycophantic subservience.

I love you all, thank you @Dan for Silvertails. I will never challenge the post or action of a moderator again. Nor will I respond to any unjust negativity toward the coach, club or players.

Ring a ring a rosy.

Go Manly!

Last edited:
I’m new here on the forum and obviously no expert on the history of the mods vs the ‘boat’ rockers or whatever this 2nd Battle of Brookvale has been about. But to start a discussion about the removal of a revived thread to comment on how positive its removal was in stopping conflict on the forum, seems a little disingenuous, considering the conflict that has ensued.

I have noticed that a thread which had been dragged up from yesteryear was jettisoned by our mods...

I reckon this is a great example of good moderation... Allowing people to participate in revisionist attacks against other posters creates a toxic atmosphere and facilitates conflicts that detract from the intent of ST... IMO...

not saying that stupid comments... like my SACK Des Hasler post... should not be challenged BUT acting like current performance negates the justified criticism of past performances is redundant IMO and acbieves very little except to discourage contributions...
So much for my plan to revive the Moondogs Birthday thread.

I’m new here on the forum and obviously no expert on the history of the mods vs the ‘boat’ rockers or whatever this 2nd Battle of Brookvale has been about. But to start a discussion about the removal of a revived thread to comment on how positive its removal was in stopping conflict on the forum, seems a little disingenuous, considering the conflict that has ensued.
Welcome Rowdy , nice to have you with us !!

Official that is a laugh
Indeed , but you do realise it was originally “ Manly Warringah Sea Eagles “ , every man and his dog thought it was the official page.

I reported it to the club ( this was a few years ago now ) and I believe they demanded he change it , and he did !!

The fact that he has 35,000 members is really only due to this.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8