[Resurrected] Girdler hates us

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Was a **** footballer, never understood how he'd get chosen for Origin...

It's one hell of a flat track for us to come in 4th then. What a knob..

He is just a bloke with an opinion who is lucky enough to get paid for sharing it... who cares? If we lose to the Bunnies he will be proven more right than wrong. If we win the GF we will have beaten 2 of the illustrious top 3 in the games that really make a difference. Either way I'm not losing any sleep over a windbags hot take.

Do you actually support Manly?
I think TC clearly supports Manly. However, IMHO the support often appears to be very academic and technical, bordering on the completely dispassionate. It is what it is. Silvertails is a very broad church in terms of supporter types. We all support the club differently. Go Manly.
PS Girdler was an average footballer for an average club

Des will print out copies of that headline and slap them on all the walls for this week. Manly mentality, we feed off this s***, been like that for decades, this younger boys need to get used to it.

All your posts?
So you are not a fan then for taking the time to absorb all my posts that you consider "not of a fan" material.

If a real fan thinks i am not a supporter you would bypass my posts for the most part.

I haven't said anything negative, just agreed to a degree with some observations on our performances of late, i've also complimented also when i see fit.

A real supporter posts both during wins and losses, i don't go hiding when the team is winning and not post a point of view and i don't just pop on when we are losing like many others who go crazy in the venting department.

I don't make observations in hindsight like many others here, i do so beforehand and put myself out there for ridicule even when Manly are at the top of their game.

If that makes me a non supporter so be it.

Last edited:
I don't agree .. the NRL season is 25 weeks long and the 2 best teams were storm and Penrith . It's clear on the board . They finished what, 6 points ahead of everyone else?? To say any other team was the best of the season bar them 2 is laughable...
The final series are a different animal, it's a series of its own, but the 2 best teams of the NRL season in 2021 was storm then Penrith hands down... And both beat us easily every time they played us
The Bulldogs better hand us the 1995 premiership trophy because they didn’t deserve to be there based on their regular season form. We should have played Canberra in the GF but as we know finals series often don’t go to script.

Wow @Ryan, there is definitely a Daily Telegraph journo on ST...

this thread has been picked up on their 'news' (I am paywalled so only saw headline)...

time to start those rumours again @Dan & @Mark from Brisbane

I think this is all that was written by Buzz: DT

LOWLIGHT

Ryan Girdler suggested the Sea Eagles “haven’t beaten anyone” in their march to the grand final qualifier against the Rabbitohs. What a disrespectful comment. To lose their first four games but recover to be one game from the grand final is a colossal performance.

I think this is all that was written by Buzz: DT

LOWLIGHT

Ryan Girdler suggested the Sea Eagles “haven’t beaten anyone” in their march to the grand final qualifier against the Rabbitohs. What a disrespectful comment. To lose their first four games but recover to be one game from the grand final is a colossal performance.
Thanks GE... goes to show you should never read anything into a headline I guess...

saying that, there can't have been much else in the article if that was the 'headline' (I'm shocked lol)

He must have backed the Roosters and did his dough. Opinions are like bums everyone has one just some are more pleasant than others. I expect he is just upset his beloved Panthers wont make the GF this year and he is is venting. I don't read or listen to journos and commentators that frustrate me with their bias and I certainly won't be buying coffee from Girdler's cafe. Perhaps Girdler should move his Cafe to Penrith because his business at Dee Why won't be going gangsters after his brain snap. We are one game away from the grand final and some jerks just don't like it! You know what you can do with your coffee beans Girds!

Wow @Ryan, there is definitely a Daily Telegraph journo on ST...

this thread has been picked up on their 'news' (I am paywalled so only saw headline)...

time to start those rumours again @Dan & @Mark from Brisbane
That was as funny as all **** when we did it ( back whenever ).

It helped at the time that I was a relative insider at the club so the rumour came from me and supported by Dan and one other ( I forget now ).

With days it was the headline act in the DT rugby league section as it would have been a very major defection at the time.

All made up of course but they took it hook, line and sinker !!

A relatively harmless response would be for "someone" to paint a neat manly to win sign and a sea eagle on the cafe window. Not big and ugly, just like the classy ones that lots of businesses have when manly is in the grand final week. For example the Allambie cake shop, butcher, fish and chip shop etc.

someone awesome sent me this pic.

Maybe we can borrow the sign....

MbQdErU.jpg

Why is everyone so triggered?

Is every media personality and footy fan meant to fawn over us and back us to win?

Girdler doesnt rate us, others do, both are fine as everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Friday night will prove us right or perhaps Girdler right.

Play on

edit also what a childish response for some to propose attacking or boycotting a persons business. Like seriously "a man doesn't like my footy team so lets try to ruin his livelihood"......grow up

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6