Get them out of the club asap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You must have missed my 5 thousand posts bagging Penn and his penny pinching.
As I said Penn was only ever chasing the gay dollar. Nothing bigoted about it. Just plain fact. It was a marketing plan that was ill thought out. No other clubs are stupid enough to do it & for all the NRL bluster they wont do it either.

I have made it clear that I am neither a biblical scholar, or a spokesperson for religion ... my views on the later can be obtained with a cursory glance at the omnipotent thread ...

But .. do mormons believe in sin ... I thought that was a catholic monopoly..
Apparently that term doesn't apply to Catholic clergy

Philosophical Perspective .....

What is going on has been going on in life since Adam and Eve feathered friend

We all go through cycles of ups and downs in life

Some downs can go on for a long long time

And it has been a long long time since we rose to heaven in 2011

The Good news is that the cycle will turn and we will rise to Glory once again .

See the source image
Probably not in my lifetime old mate, this team will be in the wilderness for a long time to come, very disappointing

Yes, but the issue is a group of people refused to wear a jersey they felt compromised their beliefs ... I fail to see how this action can be elevated into some form of moral crime ...

And are we to just assume and accept that the moral right rests with your side of the issue ... and not on there side ... who makes this decision ... and if they are correct this time ... who will they decide is wrong next ..

Or do we accept that both sides are entitled to their beliefs ...

And a question ..

Q) If Homosexuals began to be persecuted next week ... Who do you think would be the first to defend them and stand up for their rights and freedoms ?..

a) The dear who waits for the group think to make up his mind ..
b) The numbnuts that think the difference between banned and a sin is just semantics ..
c) The people who have taken up pitchforks against religion
d) The people that think a football game is more important than principles and values
e) The people abusing and calling for the 7 to be pissed off
f) Or me ..
Or all of the above 😉

Oh oh,NAS just scored a try and pointed to his wristband which has a cross on it....
Religion is the biggest and baddest gang out there,hope the NRL integrity unit will examine this gang handsigning......
Can't have double standards because it is the Storm.

I know this may have been mentioned already it the thread, but Dylan gives a good explanation for the hand sign, starting @ 4:19.

Dylan also says Manase is very popular amongst the playing group & the whole team is supportive of him. He mentions there may be something substantive in his upcoming appeal.

Last edited:
As I said Penn was only ever chasing the gay dollar. Nothing bigoted about it. Just plain fact. It was a marketing plan that was ill thought out. No other clubs are stupid enough to do it & for all the NRL bluster they wont do it either.
I'm sorry but what you say is incorrect.
I received an email today from Scott Penn stating (and I quote) "We are very committed to inclusion and will not be backing down. Hopefully, we can encourage the entire game to take a proactive stance next year. SP"

I'm sorry but what you say is incorrect.
I received an email today from Scott Penn stating (and I quote) "We are very committed to inclusion and will not be backing down. Hopefully, we can encourage the entire game to take a proactive stance next year. SP"
No its not - it's factual. It's a business. The gay population have disposable income & he wants it. Nothing wrong with wanting to maximize your income. There would be better ways to do it but this is what his marketing team came up with. If it was about inclusivity he could have had banners round the ground. Free balloons, rally towels, plastic blow up hands & flags etc like we have had before. But no. Lets stick it on a Jersey & see if we can sell them to the gay population....

Yes, but the issue is a group of people refused to wear a jersey they felt compromised their beliefs ... I fail to see how this action can be elevated into some form of moral crime ...

And are we to just assume and accept that the moral right rests with your side of the issue ... and not on there side ... who makes this decision ... and if they are correct this time ... who will they decide is wrong next ..

Or do we accept that both sides are entitled to their beliefs ...

And a question ..

Q) If Homosexuals began to be persecuted next week ... Who do you think would be the first to defend them and stand up for their rights and freedoms ?..

a) The dear who waits for the group think to make up his mind ..
b) The numbnuts that think the difference between banned and a sin is just semantics ..
c) The people who have taken up pitchforks against religion
d) The people that think a football game is more important than principles and values
e) The people abusing and calling for the 7 to be pissed off
f) Or me ..
Oh look at you all full of yourself again.

I see you chose to swerve my last few replies & instead opted for the safety of passive/aggressive insults instead.

If anyone here is a numbnut, it's you 😂

Hey @numbnut @Woodsie

Grow a pair & argue against this instead of avoiding truth bombs & perpetuating your dishonesty.

It's ridiculous that the past few pages have been spent arguing in circles over semantics instead of discussing the matter itself.

FACT: 7 players refused to wear the rainbow jersey due to their religious beliefs.

FACT: At least one of those players is a practising Mormon.

FACT: drinking alcohol, gambling & tattoos are forbidden by the Mormon church.

FACT: the Manly jersey advertises gambling, Manly's home ground is named after & advertises alcohol, many of the 7 players have tattoos.

FACT: none of the 7 players baulked at wearing said jersey advertising gambling or playing out of a ground advertising alcohol.

Make of that what you will, hell, you can even choose to argue semantics or frantically seek varying scales of just how forbidden these things are in the Mormon church, but these are FACTS.

@Andrew.. Words are important ... they have meaning(s) and are easily misinterpreted or sometimes even misrepresented ...
Oh absolutely, words are VERY important, especially when you're feverishly trying to argue that a SIN = FORBIDDEN = NOT STRICTLY FORBIDDEN = NOT BANNED, you daft old numbnut.

Oh look at you all full of yourself again.

I see you chose to swerve my last few replies & instead opted for the safety of passive/aggressive insults instead.

If anyone here is a numbnut, it's you 😂

Yeah, didn't swerve your last 569 posts .... just decided that you are illogical and hysterical and haven't said one sensible thing since you first spat the dummy ... if I thought you had any ability to comprehend the deeper issues and appreciate other peoples points ... I would probably continue ... but you can't .. so I won't ...

Just keep stamping your foot, screaming at the walls ... bad people, bad people ...

I am certain in your own mind you are the hero of the story ... but with all the ranting you seem to have forgotten it takes all types .. and inclusion means also accommodating people with different values .. even values you disagree with ...

sorry to interupt you .. carry on screaming bad people, bad people ...

There you go ... I responded ... but I doubt I will again ..

Yeah, didn't swerve your last 569 posts .... just decided that you are illogical and hysterical and haven't said one sensible thing since you first spat the dummy ... if I thought you had any ability to comprehend the deeper issues and appreciate other peoples points ... I would probably continue ... but you can't .. so I won't ...

Just keep stamping your foot, screaming at the walls ... bad people, bad people ...

I am certain in your own mind you are the hero of the story ... but with all the ranting you seem to have forgotten it takes all types .. and inclusion means also accommodating people with different values .. even values you disagree with ...

sorry to interupt you .. carry on screaming bad people, bad people ...

There you go ... I responded ... but I doubt I will again ..
Mate, your post is full of projection.

See ya, ya silly, old, dishonest, argumentative goat 👍

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4