George Rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Absolute no-show at the club tonight.

Perhaps he was there, but no-one saw him enter or leave the club, and even though Kitey has working the mic and calling for him he didn't show.

Shows Georgie is genuinely sad to leaving Manly. Thanks for your contribution.

Sad or not...should have fronted! I wasn't at the club,but I know many who were,and would have wanted to see the big fella.After all,who actually keeps this ship afloat in the long run?

i was pi55ed off at ch9, after they interviewed foz at the end of the game as joey finished you could hear someone say george's name as if they were about to talk to him. then the commentators came over the top & we missed the chance to hear what he had to say.

I will miss the big fella. That tackle on our line last night was gold. Thanks for the memories Georgie.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

It was disappointing he didn't come bck to the club last night. It would be the last time we'd see him. Sad or not, we wanted to hear from the big man and show him our admiration.

Very disappointing end to a great stint at our club.

My thoughts are maybe it was all too emotional for him. Behind the jokes is a sensitive guy. It is a shame he is going. kite was pushed out but landed a big contract with Penrith. I doubt George would be asking for too much money and i think that is what is hurting him.

Georgie was also a no-show at Diggers. People can say that it's easier for Kite based on the deal at Penrith etc, but talking to him was really emotional. He is not happy about leaving and does not want to go at all.

he was staying off the piss so he could play in the Koori Knockout in Newcastle the next day, but i think his team was knocked out already?

Doesn't matter about Koori knock outs,staying off the booze,sad,whatever...the fans pay good $$ all year,and expect (rightly so) to see their stars at the club after the game.What would happen if all the fans got emotional,and stayed away from the games/the club/the memberships/the factory outlet? Membership etc would be bleating like sheep to get us back!!

People deal with things in different ways, and it would be heartbreaking for the guys after a loss. I remember seeing Mark Carroll outside of the Leagues Club after the 97' GF, and he was absolutely distraught. He didn't want to go into the Club and kept turning around to walk away, but his wife convinced him to go in after about 10 minutes.

effnic said:
No one has mentioned that tackle he made. My word, was amazing.

Yeah, when he made that tackle I thought it might be a defining moment of the match, stopping their momentum and strengthening our resolve. It was inspirational. But we let them waltz over untouched for a try the very next play.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/George-Rose-farewells-Manly-fans/85709

Gorgeous' message to Manly Fans, straight after the GF :angel:

Gorgeouse will always be part of the Manly Family:heart:

The first Scum Player to be cheered at Brookie :idea::D

Thanks for the memories, George. I will continue to follow his career and hold him in the greatest respect. Ditto Brent Kite (and Wolfman if he leaves).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4