George Rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
WAMF link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=186271.msg311914#msg311914 date=1295178321]
i am not a huge drinker and used to go out in the cross a fair bit...
not sure I'd be admitting frequent visits to the cross on a public forum but hey, who am I to judge  ;D
[/quote]

You go there on all your 10 or 20 visits to Sydney each year!You don't let the missus know about it!BTW,have you got a good spot for us MWTS to go out late in Perth,when you get the franchise over there.Hopefully I can see scantily clad women!Don't see any here!

This past weekend, I was in Melbourne, and 10 of us lads went to Showgirls Friday night, Goldfingers Saturday night, but that was only because we were told we weren't allowed in Kittens because our group was too big.

We also probably looked a little fired up because the topless waitress we had at home before we left took the full kit off, then both the strippers that turned up were really fun.

Good ol' Melbourne.

Also liked Williamstown Beach....the "view" was nice there as well.

Ryan link said:
This past weekend, I was in Melbourne, and 10 of us lads went to Showgirls Friday night, Goldfingers Saturday night, but that was only because we were told we weren't allowed in Kittens because our group was too big.

We also probably looked a little fired up because the topless waitress we had at home before we left took the full kit off, then both the strippers that turned up were really fun.

Good ol' Melbourne.

Also liked Williamstown Beach....the \"view\" was nice there as well.

"white pointers"?

And while this is all fine for a 'normal' person, (Not exactly my scene but each to their own.) NRL players have to be more careful. I think we are all being a little overblown about the whole issue. After all he hardly said anything degrading or offensive.

That said it is a very fine line, and he danced close to it. If he crossed it we wouldn't be reading about it here, but in the DT, splashed across the back page.

I am not saying that anything he did or came close to was wrong but as a representative of the club and someone who in huge part is paid based on public image, he needs to be very careful.

All I am hoping is that big George has a huge year, good luck to him. I am not going to judge his social life, and certainly not on the evidence of one night out of context. Who knows if it was a one off, or a birthday of a mate, or even if he was drinking. I certainly do not, and would rather not.

Taking a photo of women dancing, gee better get a lawyer ??? ??? ??? come on you can't be serious!! I have seen georgie out a couple of times and the big fella carves it up on the dancefloor.
So the way I see it is that he is doing extras at 4am well done big fella :)

Noone wants to be a wowser and the response on this post is pretty consistent. I can't see any deepcondemnation except the caution for George and others to be careful as our media doesn't let the truth get in the way of stories, League players are constantly being watched and stalked and their general credibility in the community (due to a few idiots) is not great.

I am too old for that sort of clubbing though my daughters frequent these places and one of them does know a couple of the Manly players, most of who behave very well. One bit of trouble can really stuff around with a player's career so a touch care is needed in my view.

I thought that one stage a few years ago that Manly had a ban on players going to the cross. 

Not sure if was the bozo era or Des. 

Enjoy the offseason Georgie, but 4am tweets are never a good idea.

I can see where you are coming from hordernnewt, but I think you were a bit harsh on poor old Georgie.  These are young blokes who deserve to go out and have fun from time to time like everyone else.

Personally, I would think an apology would be appropriate, and I would like to think George would appreciate it and respond appropriately.  Although he's probably not too happy that you posted the exchange on this forum!

The other thing we al seem to be forgetting is,if it was just an innocent night out-1 Why did george feel it neccessary to delete the twitter?If it was OK to put on twitter then delete,what was trying to be hidden?,and 2-if footballers don't listen to what fans say or write on public forums,why did he fire back such a rough reply?
As i said in an earlier post,probably a storm in a teacup,but lucky the DT didn't get hold of it.

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=186271.msg311919#msg311919 date=1295180756]
[quote author=lsz link=topic=186271.msg311914#msg311914 date=1295178321]
i am not a huge drinker and used to go out in the cross a fair bit...
not sure I'd be admitting frequent visits to the cross on a public forum but hey, who am I to judge  ;D
[/quote]

You go there on all your 10 or 20 visits to Sydney each year!You don't let the missus know about it!BTW,have you got a good spot for us MWTS to go out late in Perth,when you get the franchise over there.Hopefully I can see scantily clad women!Don't see any here!
[/quote]
Mate it's burqua's not bikinis over here  ;D
Seriously, Perth has some of the FINEST looking ladies around.  
I fall in love a number of times a day just walking through the CBD.

Up until mid last year, there was a club called the Doll House but it closed down before I got a chance to check it out and provide a report, so sorry about that.

tookey link said:
I thought that one stage a few years ago that Manly had a ban on players going to the cross.  

I'm pretty sure they're not allowed over the harbour bridge but don't think it applies to the off season

Also since when does drinking alcohol make you unfit? He's not smoking bucket bongs ffs!

I think i missed something in the original post. How did George objectify this girl. Did he make her dance with not many clothes on the podium?

tookey link said:

I think it is still in existence during the season but not in the off-season.

Who really cares-but a tweet at 4am from the Cross re scantilly clad women is just plain DUMB!!! He obviously deleted it for the same reason.

We are gonna see plenty of people hung , drawn and quartered over social websites, esp twitter. If your pissed and twittering-lookout lol

I would think club's will ban it altogether. What happened to the good old days of "what happens on tour-stays on tour"

It's a tough one either way!

I realise times have changed but lets cut the big fella some slack.
If I was training and playing all through winter, then training my arse off for most of the summer...good luck to him.
No wonder heaps of them probably go overseas for a break...George should have gone with Cambo to Thailand.

manlyborn link said:
I realise times have changed but lets cut the big fella some slack.
If I was training and playing all through winter, then training my arse off for most of the summer...good luck to him.
No wonder heaps of them probably go overseas for a break...George should have gone with Cambo to Thailand.

He doesnt like ladyboys

For some reason george reminds me of homer simpson. 

Does McDonalds or KFC at the cross have scantily clad women selling hamburgers at 4.00 am in the morning?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6