General NRL chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1658726867312.png

Eddie Jones would like to coach a NRL team... preferably souths.

England rugby union coach Eddie Jones says he would “jump” at the opportunity to coach in the NRL.

The former Wallabies coach grew up in Sydney and is a rugby league fan who has supported the Rabbitohs since he was a boy.

Incredible that the Dragons have supposedly offered Ben Hunt only $700K/season to stay, which is a significant drop in his current contract of over $1M/season and arguably playing the best of his career. Me thinks "come on down the Dolphins or Knights", unless he crazily stays at the Dragons under Griffin...

It's nice to know that you can now call a ref incompetent and only get one game as per Tamou's successful downgrading to allow him to play one final match. (even if it is for the tigers)

It’s crunch time in footy finals, but for rugby league legend Mario Fenech, that time of his life is not even a distant memory – he has little memory of it at all.
In a major 7NEWS Spotlight exclusive, the former Rabbitohs captain opens up to reporter Michael Usher about his devastating diagnosis, this Sunday on Channel 7.

Mario Fenech reveals he has early onset dementia, a disease he believes was caused by the numerous concussions and head knocks he suffered during his stellar NRL career.

I find it very funny when people say "first full seasons in the NRL can drain young players,"
First of all, they are young and full of energy to burn........
They only play for 80 minutes or less per week.......
Training is a 'doddle' and a ' skylark '
If Schuster spent less time running across field, he wouldn't be so 'drained'

OH!!!, you mean psychologically drained........

Roy & HG said it best all those years ago, when they said "It's a simple game, for simple people "

Even Phil Gould will say something silly, like, "They're still learning the game.........."
Yeah right, as if they would have learnt how to play Footy by the time, they retire............
My favourite is " It's a game of two halves "

Captain Obvious has retired from the arduous and strenuous task of sport commentary on Ch9.
Sterlo, I hope you are relaxing up on The Central Coast in NSW.
" If he'd went the other way and they didn't tackle him, he woulda scored " Classic Sterlo.
Of course, it is GONE not WENT.
Another favourite is Commentators' use of Utilised, which means used.
I have to go and read my Thesaurus now...........

Oh yeah, GO MANLY!!!!!!
There are Fibro & Weatherboard houses on the Northern Beaches & Housing Commission at Narraweena.
I lived in a Weatherboard at Avalon, in Kevin Ave.
I don't think Roy Masters has been to The Northern Beaches.
I won a Premiership at Beverly Job Park, Narraweena with The Mighty FORESTVILLE FERRETTS.

Go Manly!!!!!! 2023

I find it very funny when people say "first full seasons in the NRL can drain young players,"
First of all, they are young and full of energy to burn........
They only play for 80 minutes or less per week.......
Training is a 'doddle' and a ' skylark '
If Schuster spent less time running across field, he wouldn't be so 'drained'

OH!!!, you mean psychologically drained........

Roy & HG said it best all those years ago, when they said "It's a simple game, for simple people "

Even Phil Gould will say something silly, like, "They're still learning the game.........."
Yeah right, as if they would have learnt how to play Footy by the time, they retire............
My favourite is " It's a game of two halves "

Captain Obvious has retired from the arduous and strenuous task of sport commentary on Ch9.
Sterlo, I hope you are relaxing up on The Central Coast in NSW.
" If he'd went the other way and they didn't tackle him, he woulda scored " Classic Sterlo.
Of course, it is GONE not WENT.
Another favourite is Commentators' use of Utilised, which means used.
I have to go and read my Thesaurus now...........

Oh yeah, GO MANLY!!!!!!
There are Fibro & Weatherboard houses on the Northern Beaches & Housing Commission at Narraweena.
I lived in a Weatherboard at Avalon, in Kevin Ave.
I don't think Roy Masters has been to The Northern Beaches.
I won a Premiership at Beverly Job Park, Narraweena with The Mighty FORESTVILLE FERRETTS.

Go Manly!!!!!! 2023
Sorry Mr Status but we only have one poster who is allowed to post the same stuff in multiple threads. If you insist on this course can you at least add some memes or at least some quotes from Silvester Stallone or Winston Churchill or Herschel Walker. Thank you :)

It’s crunch time in footy finals, but for rugby league legend Mario Fenech, that time of his life is not even a distant memory – he has little memory of it at all.
In a major 7NEWS Spotlight exclusive, the former Rabbitohs captain opens up to reporter Michael Usher about his devastating diagnosis, this Sunday on Channel 7.

Mario Fenech reveals he has early onset dementia, a disease he believes was caused by the numerous concussions and head knocks he suffered during his stellar NRL career.
I’ll be sure to watch it. The Spotlight team do a great job.
Watching the Merv Cartwright awards the other night, they interviewed
Roycey Simmons amongst the crowd. I was a bit worried how he’d go. But
he was really good. When the interviewer guy (who was very good) asked Royce who
his favourite player of all time was, Royce thought for a bit then said Isaah Yeo. Then he went
into a really in-depth deep dive as to why. Actually out of all the interviews I thought Royces’ was the best.

We need to move even further on concussion, mandatory 1 week stand down.

Then something like if you have 2 serious ones within say 10 weeks its a 6 week stand down........I'm just pulling these numbers from thin air there obviously has to be some science to it, but I'd rather be cautious and have a player sat out even if they are fine then risk these guys futures more than we have to.

Players like Keary and Graham worry me

We need to move even further on concussion, mandatory 1 week stand down.

Then something like if you have 2 serious ones within say 10 weeks its a 6 week stand down........I'm just pulling these numbers from thin air there obviously has to be some science to it, but I'd rather be cautious and have a player sat out even if they are fine then risk these guys futures more than we have to.

Players like Keary and Graham worry me
Wouldn't excessive inactivity cause a player to become demotivated and reduce his effectiveness?
Hi all.

Was doing some google'ing and come across this, note that the "community forum" threads are direct link to Silvertails.
I found it interesting as i've not come across it before.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2