General NRL chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Schu is still out I think..... Davey has to get a start on the bench this week.. if Boyle is in front of him in the pecking order that will do me. We don't need any more one dimensional forwards in the rotation. Boyle is just the same as Keppie who is the same as Sipley who is the same as Paseka. Just ok in attack.. will cart it up... really wont bend the line hugely.. will be ok in defence but will not be everywhere in defence or be rushing out of the line. Keppie is the one slight difference given he can actually smash in defence but his defensive energy and willingness to do multiple tackles and chase across to close a hole is like the rest of those mentioned... very very sub par. Agree we need some Aloiai injection of nastiness and Keppie needs to step up with some controlled aggression and some tough carries. Paseka needs to somehow grow up and play with some anger and agression. Sipley needs to get back off the long run and smash it into the defence. Croker needs to run........ run rabbit run... at least look like you might be a threat and take some pressure off the ball carrier. Davey needs to be.. Davey and just give a high effort high energy performance and embarass the rest besides Jake, Marty, O and maybe Bullemor into greatly improving their effort.
I like your writing style, you put a lot of thought into each player. I agree with most of your comments. You could be a Coach.

I like your writing style, you put a lot of thought into each player. I agree with most of your comments. You could be a Coach.
Thank you - but I am a nufty like everyone else. I simply have no idea most of the time lol. I did play until I was 43 and yes I was a Captain Coach but my views are probably very very old fashioned... I believe the key to everything is defence...and the secret of defence is if in doubt bash them... get up off the line quick and bash them lol. We might not score any tries... but the opposition would be battered... a take no prisoners policy lol

Anyone have any info on De Luis?
Not on website team profiles for NRL or Workers,not on casualty report that I know of,not selected for any of our sides or other teams...
Unless gone to ESL or QRL not sure where he has disappeared to.

From what I've seen over the past 2 rounds, I reckon the only win we'll get this year will be the Tigers. Scary sheet.

"Then we add to that the accelerometer and the gyroscope and the magnetometer."

Hmm, you know, it just might work.
Measure the acceleration, analyse the chicken or pork content, then this guy rules on whether it went forward.

1648692694814.png

We're getting into peak click bait with this one....

Now keep in mind, there were NO punches thrown, just a bit of pushing and shoving.

And yet:

"nrl-shocked"

"ugly-onfield-brawl-erupts"

on-field fight caught on camera - err, it the game was being streamed, nothing was caught

causing chaos

A shocking fight erupted (no it didn't)

on-field brawl - nope
Spectators were horrified - nah
a brawl erupted - sigh...nope

sheesh, these sports 'journos' are just rubbish. No wonder there's no by-line. Not even the usual "staff writers"...they didn't even want a piece of it.

Warriors release Matt Lodge effective immediately.
Hmm, Storm could probably fit him in for the rest of this year, just on a minumum deal as depth of course.

Good on him I guess....if you dont want to do something don't do it.

That said, many would kill to be a professional athlete earning.....for CHT probs 300-400k.

Thought he was going to end up at the Dolphins
Wow, I'm not sure if this is right, but personally I wouldn't want to be a professional athlete. Yes, I like watching matches, but I wouldn't want to play myself. It's too traumatic and not only on the field, but in general in life very much affects your health often not for the better. But that's just me. Other people might kill for the opportunity to become a professional athlete.

lol

why is it that in every transfer whisper the 'journo' feels the need to add some tenuous thread between the player and the proposed team. The inference is that it's 'somehow' likely to happen because of a smoke-fire relationship.

Remember when tom and Jake may go to St George because their dad was mates with someone out there? (fmd).

In this installment Lodge 'has history' with the eels as he played with Moses and someone else. I mean, ok it's mildly interesting knowing he played with a couple of eels but hardly bond forming.

The bigger one was Jackson Hastings to the knights. The "Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh" link being that Jackson's management knows the knights recruitment guy.

Big deal!

wait, I mean Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh...!!!!!!!!

Penrith have made no apologies for leaving Dolphins-bound teenage sensation Isaiya Katoa out of their lower-grade teams, prioritising the development of long-term players over Wayne Bennett’s prized recruit.

The Panthers have decided they won’t invest any more time into developing Katoa, who is trying to get a game of football with his local team, the Glenmore Park Brumbies, and has been added to their A-Grade squad.

James Barling has long dreamt of playing a game of rugby league.

Barling had tried to play for several clubs but, despite his enthusiasm, it didn't work out.

"It's been my wish all my life but it's been hard," Barling said.

"Because I've got ADHD everyone teases me and picks on me because I'm different to everyone else."

When he turned up earlier this season at the Altona Roosters, based in Melbourne's west, the rugby league club quickly realised Barling's wish might be difficult to grant.

"The good thing about it was our coaches and managers were really understanding and just said, 'You know what? We'll keep him training,'" club president Jackson Brenchley said.

"He was good for morale. He was really excited, probably over-excited, about some simple things at training but we loved it. We loved having him around."

Barling attended most training sessions and started running water for the senior team.

"Every week he was begging me for an opportunity to play and it was pretty hard to say no to him," Brenchley said.

A 'gentleman's agreement' to play
That opportunity arose when opposition club Northern Thunder heard of Barling's situation and proposed a way of getting him involved in their third-division match.

They struck a "gentleman's agreement" whereby Barling would play but with his wellbeing and safety in mind.

Altona Roosters coach Efu Koka told the ABC ahead last Saturday's match Barling would play a "few minutes" in the first half.

"The boys know the guy with the red shorts, probably don't do a king-hit on him."

When the most significant moment of Barling's sporting life arrived, his teammates formed a tunnel for him to run out onto the field.

Key points:
James Barling lives with high-functioning ADHD and autism, which has made his lifelong dream of playing rugby league difficult
Barling played his first game for Victorian club Altona Roosters and scored three tries
Barling's participation is hoped to spread greater awareness and understanding of people with autism
The 28-year-old has high-functioning attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and autism.

I can't be stuffed finding and bumping an old bears thread so....

The Bears are prepared to move anywhere as part of their bid to become the NRL’s 18th team — but there are some “non-negotiables” they won’t budge on.

Speaking to the Fox League podcast, North Sydney Bears legend Billy Moore opened up on the “very pragmatic model” the club has pitched to the NRL with the belief they can “de-risk the 18th team.”

However Moore, who is on the board of directors, also revealed there are elements that must be guaranteed like the Bears’ colours and two to four games to be played at the iconic North Sydney Oval.

“We’re the Bears — we’ve dropped the North Sydney part,” he said.

“Obviously our history is the North Sydney Bears but our 114-year history is one of our big selling points (and) our 220,000 fans.

“We bring to the NRL a very pragmatic model where we’re saying ‘you’ve got 17 (teams), we know you need 18, simple as that, and you need it inside the next three to four years for the next TV rights deal comes into play. We’ve said ‘we want to provide you with a solution.’

“We are pragmatic and we understand our place in the game. We want to be re-admitted and we’ve got these very, very small number of non-negotiables: our colours; our badge; we want somewhere between two to four games at North Sydney Oval — one of those must be against Manly — and we want that the rights of the 18th licence will always sit with the North Sydney Rugby League Football Club.

“Obviously our history is the North Sydney Bears but our 114-year history is one of our big selling points (and) our 220,000 fans.

People think Scotland's decision to officially make the Unicorn their National Animal was frivolous ... however, Moore suggesting that a team that hasn't won a trophy since 1922 has a history that is a positive selling point makes the Scot's look like amateur comedians by comparison ...

People think Scotland's decision to officially make the Unicorn their National Animal was frivolous ... however, Moore suggesting that a team that hasn't won a trophy since 1922 has a history that is a positive selling point makes the Scot's look like amateur comedians by comparison ...
And how big would the stadium have to be to account for all the fans? The 18th team would have to move to Rio.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4