General NRL chat

I bought my tickets last night and for the first time since the Dogs played the Storm at the Adelaide Oval in 2010, I'll be attending a rugby league game in 2020.

Origin at the Adelaide Oval ... here I come :cool: But I won't be cheering for NSW or Qld. I'll be cheering on any Manly players in the game.

We have been waiting for Origin to come to Adelaide since the early 1990s. I wasn't going to pass up this opportunity.

HASTINGS OPEN TO CODE SWITCH

Jackson Hastings admits he would be keen to switch codes, following reports of interest from a leading English rugby union club.

Hastings, the reigning Super League Man of Steel, is being targeted by Gloucester.

Currently contracted to Wigan, the former Roosters and Manly playmaker is understood to have a clause in his two-year contract which allows him to return to the NRL should an offer come through.

It is not clear, however, whether that also applies to rugby union.

Yeah pretty rough on the guy

God haven't the Broncos rubber stamped some rubbish contracts of late, Bird, Boyd, I'd argue Milford

More and more players ruled out for the bulk of the year before the season has even begun. Bird, Ryan James, Lodge, Cameron King, Foran, Fainu (apparently), Billy Smith, Bunty Afoa, Jackson Frei.

New South Wales coach Brad Fittler wants to see State of Origin selection rules relaxed to allow superstar forward Jason Taumalolo play for Queensland, but Maroons coach Kevin Walters says he has enough talent already and doesn’t need Taumalolo.

“I think the isolation is getting to ‘Freddy’ a little bit,” Walters told Big Sports Breakfast.

“We’ll be okay – I mean he’s a great player – but he’s put his allegiance now to Tonga.

That's very un-queenslandlike of Walters

Usual status quo from spaceman fittler though

They have a golden egg atm and I have no idea why anyone would entertain the idea of tinkering with Origin.

As if they made if a quasi all stars by having players like Taumalolo or if like Lowe suggested they open up to a maori team etc I'd completely lose interest

Following the injury to Mose Masoe during yesterday’s friendly with Wakefield Trinity, the club can confirm Mose has suffered a serious spinal injury and was operated on overnight at Leeds General Hospital.

The club will provide further updates as soon as possible.

A twitter update showing Mose's progress.
Catching and passing a footy!

'Put me in coach!'
@MoseMasoe
with ball in hand once more.

SBW has done quarantine and is now in the nrl bubble.

Though this is the car he's driving around in.

a9301e05905a97624f838c3f08c4909d

I've given up asking about what's in the cap and what's not. It's easier to assume uncle Nick just does the dodgy now vlandys is in chum mode.

I've given up asking about what's in the cap and what's not. It's easier to assume uncle Nick just does the dodgy now vlandys is in chum mode.
The gloveboxes on those Bentley's are huge......

I would assume that's a photo before the car had to be bubble-wrapped.

Penrith are taking legal advice over scurrilous social media allegations they believe are designed to derail their premiership campaign.
Barely a week out from the start of the finals series, the fed-up Panthers have consulted lawyers over whether they can take action against those responsible.

The Panthers are ready to pursue those responsible as they look to put a destabilising whisper campaign to bed before the open their finals campaign.

“Panthers have been made aware of false allegations circulating on social media alleging inappropriate relationships between a former staff member and current staff members,” the Panthers said in a statement.

“The allegations are untrue. Panthers have instructed their lawyers and are also retaining cyber investigators to trace the source and sharing of the allegations and to apply the full force of the law including reporting the matter to the Police.

the Australian

Mose Masoe has just provided the best moment of the rugby league year, walking unassisted for the first time since suffering a spinal injury during a Super League game.

Masoe, a former NRL prop with the Roosters and Panthers, was playing a pre-season game for Hull KR against Wakefield in January when he was injured.

He was rushed to hospital for emergency surgery and coach Tony Smith revealed: "This is a career-ending injury. If Mose is able to walk again, that will be a success."

Now, he has done it.

The hulking 31-year-old, who spent nearly three months in a hospital bed, has taken his first unassisted steps. The enormous milestone came during a physio session, eight months after being warned that he may never walk again.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2