Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

General NRL chat

WESTIE

Reserve Grader
Reaction score
220,000 avid followers.... after being out of the top grade for 20 years ??
Wonder why they went bust then.
If all of em gave 50 bucks a year theyd generate 11 million a season....i call massive BS.

Disco

Bencher
Reaction score
The Perth Bears with 1 game a year at North Sydney Oval

globaleagle

Apollo, Starbuck, Adama, Boomer
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score

There’s no such thing as a one-man team, even when it’s Tom Trbojevic at Manly, and as impressive as the Sea Eagles fullback has been in turning around his side’s form, it’s not all his making.

Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles, Manly’s feeder club in NSW Cup, might be stranded on the bottom of the ladder but they have helped spur the first-grade side’s revival with a host of players graduating through to the NRL in recent weeks.

Josh Schuster, Haumole Olakau’atu, Morgan Harper, Cade Cust and Toafofoa Sipley have become crucial cogs in Des Hasler’s side in recent weeks after all starting the year in Matt Ballin’s NSW Cup side.

It’s the bittersweet lot of a reserve-grade coach — if your guys play too well, you lose them — but Ballin is always proud to see players from his side take the next step.

“All those guys have stepped up and are playing really good footy in first grade at the moment,” Ballin said.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score

The Canberra Raiders could be the next club queuing up to splurge on the NRL's halfback market after star import George Williams expressed feelings of homesickness to the club.

With his partner expecting their first child, the England star reportedly approached coach Ricky Stuart a fortnight ago about an early exit from his contract which still has 18-months to run.

Williams has become the cornerstone of Ricky Stuart's playmaking stocks with an ability to organise, ball-play and marshall his troops around the paddock.

But having arrived in Canberra weeks before the global pandemic, he's been unable to see family, leading to a bout of homesickness which he has expressed to the club.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
I just realised that I don't miss the two referee system at all.

when it was proposed, I was a fan. 1 ref keeps the 10 metres (how easy is that), the other takes care of the ruck.

Yet in true nrl fashion, they managed to screw it up just so incredible badly!

1 ref + captains challenge seems to be working better.

robbiea

First Grader
Super Coach Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score

The Canberra Raiders could be the next club queuing up to splurge on the NRL's halfback market after star import George Williams expressed feelings of homesickness to the club.

With his partner expecting their first child, the England star reportedly approached coach Ricky Stuart a fortnight ago about an early exit from his contract which still has 18-months to run.

Williams has become the cornerstone of Ricky Stuart's playmaking stocks with an ability to organise, ball-play and marshall his troops around the paddock.

But having arrived in Canberra weeks before the global pandemic, he's been unable to see family, leading to a bout of homesickness which he has expressed to the club.
Canberra is probably the only place in Australia where Poms could get homesick.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
I just realised that I don't miss the two referee system at all.

when it was proposed, I was a fan. 1 ref keeps the 10 metres (how easy is that), the other takes care of the ruck.

Yet in true nrl fashion, they managed to screw it up just so incredible badly!

1 ref + captains challenge seems to be working better.

Sorry for quoting myself but I also just remembered that the refs were all like "we're gunna strike if you go back to one ref!!!"

Luckily the 6 again rule was bought in to make it just as easy for one ref to fix games as it was with two. (allegedly)

Staff online

Latest posts

2021 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 9 9 0 0 200 18
2 Eels 9 8 0 1 136 16
3 Storm 9 7 0 2 184 14
4 Rabbitohs 9 7 0 2 61 14
5 Roosters 9 6 0 3 123 12
6 Dragons 9 5 0 4 24 10
7 Titans 9 4 0 5 -1 8
8 Warriors 9 4 0 5 -27 8