General NRL chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Canberra Raiders could be the next club queuing up to splurge on the NRL's halfback market after star import George Williams expressed feelings of homesickness to the club.

With his partner expecting their first child, the England star reportedly approached coach Ricky Stuart a fortnight ago about an early exit from his contract which still has 18-months to run.

Williams has become the cornerstone of Ricky Stuart's playmaking stocks with an ability to organise, ball-play and marshall his troops around the paddock.

But having arrived in Canberra weeks before the global pandemic, he's been unable to see family, leading to a bout of homesickness which he has expressed to the club.

I just realised that I don't miss the two referee system at all.

when it was proposed, I was a fan. 1 ref keeps the 10 metres (how easy is that), the other takes care of the ruck.

Yet in true nrl fashion, they managed to screw it up just so incredible badly!

1 ref + captains challenge seems to be working better.

The Canberra Raiders could be the next club queuing up to splurge on the NRL's halfback market after star import George Williams expressed feelings of homesickness to the club.

With his partner expecting their first child, the England star reportedly approached coach Ricky Stuart a fortnight ago about an early exit from his contract which still has 18-months to run.

Williams has become the cornerstone of Ricky Stuart's playmaking stocks with an ability to organise, ball-play and marshall his troops around the paddock.

But having arrived in Canberra weeks before the global pandemic, he's been unable to see family, leading to a bout of homesickness which he has expressed to the club.
Canberra is probably the only place in Australia where Poms could get homesick.

I just realised that I don't miss the two referee system at all.

when it was proposed, I was a fan. 1 ref keeps the 10 metres (how easy is that), the other takes care of the ruck.

Yet in true nrl fashion, they managed to screw it up just so incredible badly!

1 ref + captains challenge seems to be working better.

Sorry for quoting myself but I also just remembered that the refs were all like "we're gunna strike if you go back to one ref!!!"

Luckily the 6 again rule was bought in to make it just as easy for one ref to fix games as it was with two. (allegedly)

meanwhile ...

1623628807624.png

Rabbitohs prop Tevita Tatola is set to be sidelined for at least six weeks of the Telstra Premiership after scans confirmed he suffered medial ligament damage to his knee in round 15.

Dragons winger Miakele Ravalawa has been banned for four matches after unsuccessfully challenging a shoulder charge.

NRL counsel Peter MacGrath argued Ravalawa had time to select his method of tackle and use both arms but did not do so and led with his shoulder, then belatedly used his other arm to wrap up Whitehead after the initial contact.

Defence counsel Nick Ghabar argued the challenge did not constitute a shoulder charge. He argued initial contact occurred not from the shoulder joint or upper arm but from Ravalawa's trapezius muscle.

The independent three-man tackle (sic...fmd journos) of Tony Puletua, Sean Garlick and Bob Lindner deliberated for less than five minutes in finding Ravalawa guilty of a shoulder charge.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Best attempt at a defence I've heard in years. "tackled 'im with me neck, I dids,- yer 'onour!"

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have dominated the ‘Team of the Week’ selections following Round 15 of the Telstra Premiership.

Each week, NRL.com invites supporters to vote for the best performed players in each position from the weekend’s round with 54, 807 votes tallied for Round 15.

The Sea Eagles had five players selected in the 13-man team for Round 15 following the team’s 56-24 win over the Gold Coast Titans on Sunday.

The Manly players selected in the 13-man team in positions were:

Full-back: Tom Trbojevic

Wing: Reuben Garrick

Five-eighth: Kieran Foran

Second-row: Haumole Olakau’atu

Prop: Taniela Paseka

Trbojevic was a clear-cut winner for full-back, polling 61% of the 6,125 votes with Melbourne’s Nicho Hynes second on 11%. Trbojevic was at his devastating best, scoring three tries to record his third hat-trick for Manly and his second against the Titans.

Captain Kezie Apps says the influence of assistant coach Geoff Toovey in camp this week had been enormous as NSW look to reclaim the State of Origin shield in enemy territory.

Toovey, who played 15 Origins and captained the Blues to a series victory in 1997, was announced as an assistant coach to Kylie Hilder in February.

Apps said the former Manly coach had instilled plenty of belief in the Sky Blues this week.

"I love him, he's so great," Apps said.

The Broncos have been rocked by a horror training session that resulted in four stars being injured and ruled out of their Round 16 clash with the Sharks on Sunday.

Wide World of Sports reported Karmichael Hunt, Ben Te’o, Albert Kelly and Brendan Piakura all copped injuries in the same training session, which doesn’t speak wonders of their new Head of Performance.

Story on our Tom...

What Trbojevic is, is wholesome and himself; proof that not every NRL player has to parade, promote or pretend they’re an NBA star.

In a short seven years, Trbojevic has gone from a $5000 find to the Blues’ $1 million-man.

Didn’t Inglis get medically retired from the Nrl so it didnt count against souths salary cap!
Then he pops up in the Super league.
What a joke, just another case of double standards from the NRL 🤯

I agree that the nrl have many examples of double standards which is going to happen when one ceo says 'consistency is over-rated' only to be replaced by an even more authoritarian figure who often reminds us that the commission is not beholden to any rules but...

I think back in 2019, Inglis just retired:

"It’s not due to mental health or injuries, I just think it’s the right time for me. I’ve been contemplating it for a while now and I’ve come to terms with it.

The nrl deal comes in after that:

Inglis was not medically retired, however the NRL controversially granted the Bunnies $1 million in salary cap relief.

I agree that the nrl have many examples of double standards which is going to happen when one ceo says 'consistency is over-rated' only to be replaced by an even more authoritarian figure who often reminds us that the commission is not beholden to any rules but...

I think back in 2019, Inglis just retired:

"It’s not due to mental health or injuries, I just think it’s the right time for me. I’ve been contemplating it for a while now and I’ve come to terms with it.

The nrl deal comes in after that:

Inglis was not medically retired, however the NRL controversially granted the Bunnies $1 million in salary cap relief.

Fair enough,
Same result though.
As you say there is no consistency
Doubt that would happen for us

Didn’t Inglis get medically retired from the Nrl so it didnt count against souths salary cap!
Then he pops up in the Super league.
What a joke, just another case of double standards from the NRL 🤯
Not defending Souths here, but Inglis decided to not accept any payment for the last 18 months of his contract as he said he lost the desire to play.
Souths offerd him a position as a development officer for around $300K a year [ nice work if you can get it] which would be deducted off Souths' salary cap whilst he was still playing, which is all academic now as he left them to go to the UK

Altho we knew it was coming, jetski for Ben turbo is pathetic.. jetski has had more than enough chances, and apart from making a dreadful centre in a pinch, ads nothing..
Also, I expect rapana to score atleast 2 trys straight past suli..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4