Garrick to Fullback -Tom to 3

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
Well

We bounced the Knights promising Fullback to Garrick. So, Tom to 3 with a roving role.

Works for me, no stupid injuries half running the ball back. Makes sense. He can pick and choose.

Hope they have the proverbial to send Jake to prop as well.

It would work really well but only if Turbo was on board with it.

The Panthers have gone back to back with a toiler in Dylan Edwards at fullback and a gun in Stephen Crichton in the centres. Crichton’s intercept was decisive in them winning in 2021 while Edwards performance in the 2022 decider was deemed worthy of the CC medal.

I reckon Garrick has improved immensely and made some tough runs from the back in the absence of Tom.
His defence however, was nothing short of horrible.
Thing is, a Massive part of fullback play many miss is the communication with the front line including positioning the line and constant talk, which Tom has a massive influence and trained personally by 1 of the best ever in Brett Stewart....Garrick would need seasons to learn this attribute and though been safe and solid, prefer him as an outstanding winger, where his value on returns ect is more beneficial than as a centre imo.

Koula an Weekes are miles ahead of Garrick and any coach other than Hasler would have played them there this year after Turbos injury. He has been promised a centre role where he played junior kangaroos apparently so Harper and Parker may be sniffing around somewhere else. I think Parker might be time to head to England. I really like the guy and he's a quality, smart footballer who has done well to get the best out of his body but he has had no luck with injury and can still get another five years out of his body over there rather than fight for a first grade spot in Australia, end up in the back row and get even more punishment and and shorten his time in the game.

Pass this on to his manager if anyone knows them.

Massive part of fullback play many miss is the communication with the front line including positioning the line and constant talk,
Pretty sure this is why Garrick got the gig this year over Koula, who at the time was a quietly-spoken teenager new to first grade. Koula is rapidly gaining experience and going great at the World Cup

Garrick to fullback....weakens the fullback spot
Someone to wing....weakens the wing spot
Tommy to centre....an obvious strengthening

Not sure why you would have your best fullback play centre, your best winger play fullback, and some random play wing when you weaken two spots.

Seems like this idea would be a net loss overall.

I don’t mind Garrick to centre if that’s where he wants to go, as long as we have a decent winger to replace him and not a slow, short, feet for hands plodder like manly seem to love putting on the wings…

A backline of
1 tom
2 saab
3 koula
4 garrick
5 someone not s$&t (prolly tuipulotu)

Wouldn’t be any worse than the crap we’ve dished up the last few years with Parker and Harper and their vortex of average that has sucked the life out of our attack in the backline..

Worth a look anyway if it keeps Garrick on the books

The Panthers have gone back to back with a toiler in Dylan Edwards at fullback and a gun in Stephen Crichton in the centres. Crichton’s intercept was decisive in them winning in 2021 while Edwards performance in the 2022 decider was deemed worthy of the CC medal.
Toiler is a stretch. Edwards would have to be the single most under payed and under rated player in the comp. Penrith are lucky they are getting so much value from him.

Not taking away from your point I also think Tommy would a great addition as a roaming centre. Would be very unpredictable.

I don't know why we get so excited about numbers these days. Tom doesn't play the fullback role like traditional fullbacks used to play the game. He is just as likely to do a run up the middle (like a prop) close to the tryline, as he is to chime into the backline, or play first or second receiver. I think we are getting to the point where numbers (on jerseys) are no longer relevant.

There is no doubt in my mind that Tom will spend some in our attacking structures standing in what appears to be a centres position. He won't have that centre number on his back though. We will see Garrick and Koula both receiving the ball from Tom, on any side of the field, in what will appear to be a classic fullbacks move. They won't have the fullbacks number on their backs either.

I'm pretty excited as to how this combination will work. One thing for sure in 2023 we can expect the unexpected, to happen unexpectedly. Go Manly.

Toiler is a stretch. Edwards would have to be the single most under payed and under rated player in the comp. Penrith are lucky they are getting so much value from him.

Not taking away from your point I also think Tommy would a great addition as a roaming centre. Would be very unpredictable.
If only there was a position in Rugby League that allowed a player to have a roaming commission but didn’t have to defend in the front line,this could be revolutionary and change 100+ yrs of how the games played

If only there was a position in Rugby League that allowed a player to have a roaming commission but didn’t have to defend in the front line,this could be revolutionary and change 100+ yrs of how the games played

Imagine if you had three players in your team capable of playing that hypothetical role in attack, and you interchanged them over the course of the game to confuse the opposition? Imagine how revolutionary that would be?

Any proposition is worth looking at but just not enough convincing reasons to move Turbo away from the back . Koula may well end up as the next best full back option after Turbo but same situation then of weakening a centre position .

Garrick is miles away from Edwards and unfortunately will never come close in my opinion.

This certainly is the crazy season. Tom is the best fullback in the world, kero him there.

Dylan Edwards a toiler? LOL he is the gun. Creighton can't tackle.

No issues moving Garrick to centre. Coupled with Koula, that would be an awesome pairing.
Trbo
Saab
Rueben
Koula
Tuipulotu
Schuster
DCE
Aloiai
Croker / ???
Jake
Olakau’atu
Tuilagi