Garrick to Fullback -Tom to 3

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Trying to out think the room IMO.

Turbo is arguably the best player in the league and has the greatest influence on the game at fullback so keep him at fullback.
Not sure I agree with that given in origin last year he played a roving centre position and killed it.

I don't know why we get so excited about numbers these days. Tom doesn't play the fullback role like traditional fullbacks used to play the game. He is just as likely to do a run up the middle (like a prop) close to the tryline, as he is to chime into the backline, or play first or second receiver. I think we are getting to the point where numbers (on jerseys) are no longer relevant.

There is no doubt in my mind that Tom will spend some in our attacking structures standing in what appears to be a centres position. He won't have that centre number on his back though. We will see Garrick and Koula both receiving the ball from Tom, on any side of the field, in what will appear to be a classic fullbacks move. They won't have the fullbacks number on their backs either.

I'm pretty excited as to how this combination will work. One thing for sure in 2023 we can expect the unexpected, to happen unexpectedly. Go Manly.
I take your point especially in attack, but defensively Tom is a beast and does a lot of bone crunching tackles close to the line and tracks back well after grubbers in the in goal.

I take your point especially in attack, but defensively Tom is a beast and does a lot of bone crunching tackles close to the line and tracks back well after grubbers in the in goal.

No question in my mind that Tom defends at fullback. I'm talking specifically about how we can innovate our attack, confuse the opposition, and simultaneously reduce our over reliance on Tom.

Here is my team and hear me out.

Tom T, and Tolu Koula at fullback.

(I play two I drop both back on the fifth and let them defend half a field and don't drop any wingers back. My team doesn't have wingers).

Tolipolutou and Saab outside centres. Weekes inside centre. Schuster centre centre. DCE half. Then olokuatu lock (possibly Lawton) right side dummy half, (for when play is on that side of the field) and Croker left side dummy half. Aloia, Paseka, Shipley.

Bullemore, Keppie, whoever.

This style would be worth a shot.
How about 4-4-2 total football?

Here is my team and hear me out.

Tom T, and Tolu Koula at fullback.

(I play two I drop both back on the fifth and let them defend half a field and don't drop any wingers back. My team doesn't have wingers).

Tolipolutou and Saab outside centres. Weekes inside centre. Schuster centre centre. DCE half. Then olokuatu lock (possibly Lawton) right side dummy half, (for when play is on that side of the field) and Croker left side dummy half. Aloia, Paseka, Shipley.

Bullemore, Keppie, whoever.

This style would be worth a shot.
Haha the most outrageous suggestion I've read in a while. Very impressed with the outside the box thinking, and credit for creativity but ... this would amount to absolute chaos, especially when you consider the questionable footy smarts and composure of some/most of our players

PXL_20221028_012316992.jpg

So two dummy halfs for each side of the field, don't have to run all the way across field so always in position to be pushing defenders off and yelling at the ref and holding their arms out for a penalty. Weeks scoots between like walker used to and does fast hit ups to take ten metres when defence is retreating, links with Ola who has the freedom to run both sides of the ruck, Weekes also fills in at dummy half if either left side or right side hooker gets tackled. Both left side and right side hookers make a **** load of tackles. Jake is your middle prop who has license to ball play the other two don't and are rotated with Keppie and whoever else. Weekes hangs off Jake.

Schuster also is a forward half, as in he helps out with a hit up if that's needed. DCE plays as a backs organiser Tom and Koula pop up wherever they like in attack but in defence they have a zone between them where they know they are responsible for.

Wave of the future people.

View attachment 22684
So two dummy halfs for each side of the field, don't have to run all the way across field so always in position to be pushing defenders off and yelling at the ref and holding their arms out for a penalty. Weeks scoots between like walker used to and does fast hit ups to take ten metres when defence is retreating, links with Ola who has the freedom to run both sides of the ruck, Weekes also fills in at dummy half if either left side or right side hooker gets tackled. Both left side and right side hookers make a **** load of tackles. Jake is your middle prop who has license to ball play the other two don't and are rotated with Keppie and whoever else. Weekes hangs off Jake.

Schuster also is a forward half, as in he helps out with a hit up if that's needed. DCE plays as a backs organiser Tom and Koula pop up wherever they like in attack but in defence they have a zone between them where they know they are responsible for.

I believe this is Siebolds simple game plan.
He has some more complex game plans still to come.

Trouble is will our players be able to understand these game plans. They worked a treat at the Broncos 🤔 😄

He was quite obviously injured before his apparent "season ending" injury. Basically playing on one leg for a while
If he's out there then he's fit enough to play unless our bungling football department was pushing players out there who shouldn't be because they were too incompetent to give some lower graders a fair go.

If he's out there then he's fit enough to play unless our bungling football department was pushing players out there who shouldn't be because they were too incompetent to give some lower graders a fair go.
I reckon he could only run in a straight line by the end, no lateral movement, and one leg was stiff. Probably needled up. I think your comment on incompetent staff may be pretty close to the truth.

View attachment 22684

Hire this Man !

It is zero about numbers and all about positional play and defensive patterns

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9