Garrick --> Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Have to agree with @Sue , our backline minus Walker/ Kelly will be like the opening of the flood gates at Wivenhoe Dam prior to the 2011 Brisbane floods.

As I’ve been saying since last year , everyone’s prediction of top 8 is very very optimistic.

I’m expecting us to win a few more games than last year but against the quality of say the Rorters we will be blown off the park.

I’d suggest if we finish about 10th that it would be a good result.

And I expect a huge clean out at the end of 2019.
I see this a little bit differently .
I think we are capable of a top 8 spot with the quality of players that we have and if we get in the top 8 then anything is possible after that .
Kellys stats on defence were not NRL top quality . No loss there .
Our defence has been the issue for 3 years under Tent and stats confirm this .
In 2018 the quality of players that we had on the paddock proved that they could score but as a team we lacked the cohesion and resilience and the defensive structure to hold teams out and prevail

Under Tent we were like a V8 running on 4 cylinders and conking out through out the match
The proven operator Des will fine tune our out of tune Sea eagles machine and I am looking forward to a big improvement .

methode_times_prod_web_bin_ed993b38-9f1c-11e8-8dd0-114e457a16b3.jpg

Have to agree with @Sue , our backline minus Walker/ Kelly will be like the opening of the flood gates at Wivenhoe Dam prior to the 2011 Brisbane floods.

As I’ve been saying since last year , everyone’s prediction of top 8 is very very optimistic.

I’m expecting us to win a few more games than last year but against the quality of say the Rorters we will be blown off the park.

The loss of kelly would have been covered by another up n comer, if we lose walker also we are screwed.

Rinse repeat.

I'd rather have solid defenders in the centres than game breakers that can't tackle
That's a great point Stevo...you can have all out attacking centre scoring 3 or 4 tries in a 46 point thrashing mid season, but let in 2 tries in come GF day and your team loses by 2 points.....

I see this a little bit differently .
I think we are capable of a top 8 spot with the quality of players that we have and if we get in the top 8 then anything is possible after that .
Kellys stats on defence were not NRL top quality . No loss there .
Our defence has been the issue for 3 years under Tent and stats confirm this .
In 2018 the quality of players that we had on the paddock proved that they could score but as a team we lacked the cohesion and resilience and the defensive structure to hold teams out and prevail

Under Tent we were like a V8 running on 4 cylinders and conking out through out the match
The proven operator Des will fine tune our out of tune Sea eagles machine and I am looking forward to a big improvement .

View attachment 10587

Mr Magoo was voiced by Jim Backus, who also played Thurston Howell the third on Gilligan's Island.

That is all.

Garrick could also be considered as a winger if the situation warranted it but every indication that he is being groomed as a centre at present . Seems to be a good hole runner and finisher so hopefully his inside men will be able to provide the right opportunities for him starting from the trials Defensive skills[ and especially good reads ] is another mater altogether but just have to hope that he will be able to measure up adequately when it will be expected of him . Certainly seems disappointing with Suli "s weight issues and attitude [ and to vindicate some of Ryan "s criticism ] , hopefully has knuckled down again for the benefit of all concerned . Again really should be enough motivation for him to get his act together and train and play to his potential going forward for Manly .

After reading this... I’m now confident of a top four finish... please desist from putting the mock on any of our young players by declaring that they are due to have a ripper of a year.

So I read this rumour on nrlsupercoachtalk.

Have heard Garrick is in front of Suli at the moment. Dessie not happy with Suli’s effort at training. Seems this kid is throwing away his chance at a decent career.
I still can’t believe the Dragons let Garrick go.

Can anyone with their ear to the ground confirm if this is correct?...trials are going to be very interesting in terms of the makeup of our back 5

No surprise wirh this.

Lazy fatboi Suli is extremely overrated and useless. Des will get rid of the waste of space.

If Barrett could have actually coached and improved players, Tom Wright would have been first choice over lazy fat donut Suli.

I'd rather have solid defenders in the centres than game breakers that can't tackle
I would go all the way and one better . Have solid defenders with speed to burn .
If we are going to go all the way and win a grand final we need to go all the way !

No surprise wirh this.

Lazy fatboi Suli is extremely overrated and useless. Des will get rid of the waste of space.

If Barrett could have actually coached and improved players, Tom Wright would have been first choice over lazy fat donut Suli.
You are saying it as you see it because at the moment Suli is living of his potential . He was playing over his best weight last season and it is now solely up to Suli to to the hard work and reap the benefits . No matter how naturally gifted you are, with out the hard yards you aint going anywhere .
I personally believe Suli will deliver this season .

I’ve got no doubt Suli was a star as a young guy and attracted big money as a result .... he was also 110 kg playing against kids.Steamroller in a comp not known for his defence.

Now he is playing against men..

So what are the skills he brings to the game?

I have not seen a step of any note, he has no passing game AT ALL,not slow but hardly a speedster,can’t see the agility to do the flying antics of rapana and co around the corner post, is indecisive and often caught out in defence and hardly a gun under the high ball.Throw in a history of laziness.
As another poster said, he has also scored a paltry 3 tries in 30 games of NRL.
You often see guys playing first grade well overweight like Suli yet you still get glimpses of their skills. Eg Craigee , Kasiano, Rose, Idris etc I don’t see much on show from our young giant and playing overweight should not entirely cloak your skill set.

So what will make him a star against men. Interesting to hear people’s views on this. Can maybe see him as a passable winger with decent metres out of our own end but must admit I can’t buy into the hype. What will make this guy reach the heights many on here predict? Just don’t see it.

Last edited:
Not many Islanders with his body shape make it in the backs, and he doesn't have the heart or stamina to make a go of it in the forwards. Move him on and give someone else a go..

I’ve got no doubt Suli was a star as a young guy and attracted big money as a result .... he was also 110 kg playing against kids.Steamroller in a comp not known for his defence.

Now he is playing against men..

So what are the skills he brings to the game?

I have not seen a step of any note, he has no passing game AT ALL,not slow but hardly a speedster,can’t see the agility to do the flying antics of rapana and co around the corner post, is indecisive and often caught out in defence and hardly a gun under the high ball.Throw in a history of laziness.
As another poster said, he has also scored a paltry 3 tries in 30 games of NRL.
You often see guys playing first grade well overweight like Suli yet you still get glimpses of their skills. Eg Craigee , Kasiano, Rose, Idris etc I don’t see much on show from our young giant and playing overweight should not entirely cloak your skill set.

So what will make him a star against men. Interesting to hear people’s views on this. Can maybe see him as a passable winger with decent metres out of our own end but must admit I can’t buy into the hype. What will make this guy reach the heights many on here predict? Just don’t see it.
Think you summed it up to the letter, but personally have an interest if Des and Matty B are cracking the whip, to see him actually play with a bit more fitness, speed and hunger.
Have said before the hype he got was similar to a young Inglis and Falau, yet I havn't seen anything close to that level from him....yet.
I think by Round 4-5 we will know if he is long term or other options are needed, but feel confident he will be in the starting lineup.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8