Garrick --> Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He is lighter but that's to be expected given this is his first full/proper pre-season...Des Hassler has been spotted at Brookie this preseason.
Thank you for the info . A lighter Suli means a more mobile and faster Suli . Looks like a Big year coming up from him

Last edited:
He is lighter but that's to be expected given this is his first full/proper pre-season...Des Hassler has been spotted at Brookie this preseason.
Lighter for Suli is a good thing, as much as some extra weight on Elliott may help his performance....with Hasler back you would expect all players to improve where it’s needed.

Suli has lost some weight, although returning to pre season at considerably over 120kg wasn't the look Des was after given his previous struggles. He went backwards again after Christmas and I understand its this lack of effort when all eyes aren't on him that isn't winning him any friends. He still isn't where he needs to be but has made some progress. In regards Garrick as mentioned its his success without the ball in hand which will determine how he goes this year. Dragon fans are well aware of his attacking abilities and struggles in the defensive areas

Suli has lost some weight, although returning to pre season at considerably over 120kg wasn't the look Des was after given his previous struggles. He went backwards again after Christmas and I understand its this lack of effort when all eyes aren't on him that isn't winning him any friends. He still isn't where he needs to be but has made some progress. In regards Garrick as mentioned its his success without the ball in hand which will determine how he goes this year. Dragon fans are well aware of his attacking abilities and struggles in the defensive areas
Both these players have the opportunity of having a proven and experienced NRL coach that can help them but as I keep telling the guys at the gym I cant help them unless they help them selves . Effort and perseverance will bring results .

3rd club in two years,returns at over 120kg, won’t do the extras and it’s a couple of weeks to the first trial.
I wasn’t overly sold on this guy skills wise anyway ( big frame and can run over people is his major weapon) and this information doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence especially on the defensive side of things. After last years debacle we need guys out there who are fit and don’t want our line crossed.

I’m pretty sure Dylan will be out for a decent period after Toddy deals with him and it seems to be a choice at centre between Suli and Elliot to partner Garrick if the reports are right. Not sure why people expect anything of Elliott. Got pace but couldn’t crack it at two struggling clubs.

Tafua, Suli, Garrick, Elliott. As a defensive unit that has all the makings of Swiss cheese, especially as they will have zero combinations to speak of early.Im flying down for Roosters game in Rnd 2 and the thought of those roosters backs running at these guys is scary.And the alternatives Funa, Hoppa and the other Under 20s kid haven’t got a game between them and Parker is simply a scary option.

Dylan’s fate may very well determine our season.

Last edited:
3rd club in two years,returns at over 120kg, won’t do the extras and it’s a couple of weeks to the first trial.
I wasn’t overly sold on this guy skills wise anyway ( big frame and can run over people is his major weapon) and this information doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence especially on the defensive side of things. After last years debacle we need guys out there who are fit and don’t want our line crossed.

I’m pretty sure Dylan will be out for a decent period after Toddy deals with him and it seems to be a choice at centre between Suli and Elliot to partner Garrick if the reports are right. Not sure why people expect anything of Elliott. Got pace but couldn’t crack it at two struggling clubs.

Tafua, Suli, Garrick, Elliott. As a defensive unit that has all the makings of Swiss cheese, especially as they will have zero combinations to speak of early.Im flying down for Roosters game and the thought of those roosters backs running at these guys is scary.

Dylan’s fate may very well determine our season.
Dylan would be a big loss as he is a quality player but I dont think Dylan will determine our season . Des will determine our season as good coaches dont capitulate under Adversity and take comfort under their excuses. Good coaches over come adversity and deliver

NRL coaches are not paid big money to tell the fans the obvious and keep coming up with excuses when their team is not going well
NRL coaches get paid big money to keep coming up with solutions when their team is not going well .
Excuses are nothing but comfort zones that ultimately lead to nothing but complete failure .

Dylan would be a big loss as he is a quality player but I dont think Dylan will determine our season . Des will determine our season as good coaches dont capitulate under Adversity and take comfort under their excuses. Good coaches over come adversity and deliver
They do if they have the cattle but if our three quarter line is Tafua Garrick Suli Elliott then it will be a miracle if Des can get us in the eight.Wont be too hard to guess where teams will target us.

To be honest unless Garrick is a star that three quarter line wouldn’t look out of place at Blacktown.We know Suli and Tafua are indecisive in defence and it’s not Garrick’s strong suit from all reports.

Throw in the fact they have played little or no football together and it’s good luck Dessie re the points against column, which was our major Achilles heel.Also throw in the fact Tommy is deficient positionally in defence at the back and rarely gets low to stop players on the line and it could be real trouble.

Dylan is essential in my books, if only for the confidence of the whole team, and even as good a player as he is , defence is not his strong suit either.

I love Des as a coach but with Kelly and possibly Dylan gone it will be a seriously great effort to keep us in the hunt.

Last edited:
They do if they have the cattle but if our three quarter line is Tafua Garrick Suli Elliott then it will be a miracle if Des can get us in the eight.Wont be too hard to guess where teams will target us. We know Suli and Tafua are indecisive in defence and it’s not Garrick’s strong suit from all reports. Throw in the fact they have played little or no football together and it’s good luck Dessie.

Dylan is essential in my books.
IMO quality coaches bring out the best of their players and their team . At the end of each season some teams under perform and some play above expectations .
We were not a wooden spoon team in 2018 yet we played like one . We could not even win a home game . We grossly under performed and I can see a lot of improvement under Des .
Dylan is a great player but what i see as essential is for Des to get each player playing above their weight and functioning well as a team .
Des is getting paid nearly one million a season . He is getting paid to offer solutions and not excuses
I have faith in Des .

Don’t get me wrong Bozo. We will be a tougher and more resilient side than last year but for me we just don’t have the cattle out wide if Walker is gone, regardless of who is the coach ( and I am a huge Des fan) . All the positive thinking in the world won’t change that.

The thing that can change that is the two young guns in Garrick and Hoppa grab the opportunity if presented and star from Day 1.It’s possible but I wouldn’t bet a lot of cash on it.

I’m sorry if I don’t share the same optimism as some but in my books the roster, with Kelly gone and probably Dylan, has a lot of holes in it, particularly defensively due to the cattle and lack of combinations.

The forwards are fine with the proviso we have a good run with injuries. We will be a lot better with Des but it’s hard to see us being remarkably better, which is what is required to threaten the better sides consistently .Im tipping 7th to twelfth with a top 8 finish a huge tick for the coaching staff.

What I don’t expect are the meek capitulations of last year and seemingly aimless gameplans . Des will bring at least that.

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong Bozo. We will be a tougher and more resilient side than last year but for me we just don’t have the cattle out wide if Walker is gone, regardless of who is the coach ( and I am a huge Des fan) . All the positive thinking in the world won’t change that.

The thing that can change that is the two young guns in Garrick and Hoppa grab the opportunity if presented and star from Day 1.It’s possible but I wouldn’t bet a lot of cash on it.

I’m sorry if I don’t share the same optimism as some but in my books the roster, with Kelly gone and probably Dylan, has a lot of holes in it, particularly defensively. The forwards are fine with the proviso we have a good run with injuries. We will be a lot better with Des but it’s hard to see us being remarkably better, which is what is required to threaten the better sides.
Time will tell . Cant wait for kick off to the new season :)

Yes! Leichhardt will be a great atmosphere to launch our 2019 assault.
I do not believe we have a good record at Leichhardt . Des is under the pump there but he does fly under the radar .
Both teams will have a new coach and both teams will be full of hope .
What a game !!!

Yep. They will be real tough to beat. They throw it around and will test those issues I mentioned out wide , particularly Masters who is incredibly creative.

Then the roosters !!

Tough start but should be two cracking open games.

Those dots within sentences are call ellipses. They occur typically in 3s but @Woodsie is an over achiever. Or his pet Sea Eagle keeps randomly stepping on the keyboard.:D

ellipsis.jpg

How times have changed.
Last year it was Kelly's fault because he missed some tackles, this year worse players are going to go better because of the coach. But last year was not the coaches fault.

Good one.

Have to agree with @Sue , our backline minus Walker/ Kelly will be like the opening of the flood gates at Wivenhoe Dam prior to the 2011 Brisbane floods.

As I’ve been saying since last year , everyone’s prediction of top 8 is very very optimistic.

I’m expecting us to win a few more games than last year but against the quality of say the Rorters we will be blown off the park.

I’d suggest if we finish about 10th that it would be a good result.

And I expect a huge clean out at the end of 2019.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8