Garrick --> Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
So I read this rumour on nrlsupercoachtalk.

Have heard Garrick is in front of Suli at the moment. Dessie not happy with Suli’s effort at training. Seems this kid is throwing away his chance at a decent career.
I still can’t believe the Dragons let Garrick go.

Can anyone with their ear to the ground confirm if this is correct?...trials are going to be very interesting in terms of the makeup of our back 5

Have heard Garrick is in front of Suli at the moment. Dessie not happy with Suli’s effort at training. Seems this kid is throwing away his chance at a decent career.

Can anyone with their ear to the ground confirm if this is correct?...trials are going to be very interesting in terms of the makeup of our back 5

Unfortunately this is not beyond the realms of possibility.

I trust that Des, Donny and co will make the right decision based on merit.

Both Zorba and well informed Poster ' Snake ' have commented on Garrick "s noticeable good progress in the off season to date so guess that that is a given that he is ticking quite a few boxes and is in favour . . As for Suli , he probably is not going to get a much better footy playing environment to allow him the opportunity to realize his potential and nail down a ist grade spot [ even if it is most likely wing ]

not so sure that Suli is enjoying Dessie's disciplinarian style but I think it's a stretch to say he is throwing away a career when you consider he is still only kid and RL is a notoriously forgiving game, especially for the modest sin of laziness at training...lots of champions in our game have been less than impressive on the training paddock. In saying that, Des does demand that a player earn their place.

It is certainly true that Garrick has turned a few heads at training but it's a stretch to say that Des has his rd.1 team picked already. It would be the furthest thing from his mind at stage of preseason.

Worth asking the question though and it will certainly be interesting to see how we line up against the Tigers...plenty of water to pass under the bridge yet though.

Could just be referring to the line for sambos at lunch - frontage/backage...

I read somewhere that Garrick at centre in reggies scored a bunch of tries ... and ..... wait for it .......... also had something like 10 try asists ....... I'll say that again ..... 10 try assists ...... for those of you who don't understand the game ...... that means it is a high probability that Garrick passed the ball ...... to someone he set up to score .... it is one of the basic prerequisities of calling yourself a centre .... the ability to set up your winger .....

In the other corner ... you have Suli .... who in 15 FG games only found occassion to pass the ball once (1) ..... for nil result ....

I will repeat for the slow learners ...... there is as much chance of Suli playing centre as Kapow playing backrow .....

PSS ... Suli will however play wing and rip in ......

I read somewhere that Garrick at centre in reggies scored a bunch of tries ... and ..... wait for it .......... also had something like 10 try asists ....... I'll say that again ..... 10 try assists ...... for those of you who don't understand the game ...... that means it is a high probability that Garrick passed the ball ...... to someone he set up to score .... it is one of the basic prerequisities of calling yourself a centre .... the ability to set up your winger .....

In the other corner ... you have Suli .... who in 15 FG games only found occassion to pass the ball once (1) ..... for nil result ....

I will repeat for the slow learners ...... there is as much chance of Suli playing centre as Kapow playing backrow .....

It has been demonstrated that Sulis strength is his powerful runs . He is a runner and unless Des can instill other skills in him I agree that he will be on the wing

Can you please repeat that again...all those full stops are confusing me!

But can Garrick tackle like a first grade centre?

Apparently his downfall at the dragons. Just have to wait and see

But tough defence is also a maturity thing as well. Matai perfect example, in his youth he had no idea either, but look what happened when he had a long term player with him that he trusted to cover. Maybe Garrick maybe learning? Hope he has, I'm sick of the turnstile defence we have had past few years, we could have paid for the reno's at Brookie if we charged $10 for every break the opposition made through the centre.

I have heard Suli is lighter and doing well and Garrick is surprising many....maybe a case of Garrick exceeding expectations, more so than Suli doing poorly ?
Do agree the trials will have an impact on the 2 - 5 to start in Round 1.

I have heard Suli is lighter and doing well and Garrick is surprising many....maybe a case of Garrick exceeding expectations, more so than Suli doing poorly ?
Do agree the trials will have an impact on the 2 - 5 to start in Round 1.
He is lighter but that's to be expected given this is his first full/proper pre-season...Des Hassler has been spotted at Brookie this preseason.

He is lighter but that's to be expected given this is his first full/proper pre-season...Des Hassler has been spotted at Brookie this preseason.

Thanks for the good oil snake, any other insights, positional changes, etc?

Starved of news over here.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8