[Resurrected] Garrick general news thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I had to go back and re-read that story ... no where did it say the word .. Guarantee

It says the plan is to move him to the centres ... and importantly ... increase his pay to centre money .. which will keep him at the club ... but I don't see any guarantee ...

Ok, call me crazy, but what about Reuben at fullback, Tom at centre??

Even if it's just to start the season to let Tom ease back in from an extended, somewhat back-to-back layoff from footy with all the injury troubles of the past few seasons?

Think I might just be reminiscing on that Origin series he tore up at centre after the absolute disappointment that was this years Origin...

Even if it's just to start the season to let Tom ease back in from an extended, somewhat back-to-back layoff from footy with all the injury troubles of the past few seasons?

Think I might just be reminiscing on that Origin series he tore up at centre after the absolute disappointment that was this years Origin...
It all comes down to how many times Tom will touch the ball at centre, either way, it will be a lot less than at fullback, and you can't have a guy earning $1.1 million playing at centre.
works in State of Origin because they're all champion players and not governed by a salary cap.

Too slow, doesn't line break and gets smashed on hit ups.
Doesn't line break, Parker was running great lines of Foran in the first half of the season, and usually carried 2 or 3 defenders with him for try's. But sure, in general attack doesn't usually break the line.

It all comes down to how many times Tom will touch the ball at centre, either way, it will be a lot less than at fullback, and you can't have a guy earning $1.1 million playing at centre.
works in State of Origin because they're all champion players and not governed by a salary cap.
And the fact Origin is played in a different style to week to week NRL games

Main problem if Garrick left is goalkicking, he is a gun in that area and it's so important nowadays.
We can cover the wing and back-up fullback with cheaper options.
(Knights would be crazy to let Dom Young go, assuming he's happy there.)
Yep, remember when we didn't have a decent kicker and how frustrating it was to get 4 points instead of 6.

Exactly what I've been saying for months Garrick fb turbo center Jake prop 👍😊

Glad we are trying to keep him.
But I thought St Merge moved him from centre to wing because of defensive issues...
Above info indicates I must be wrong?
You are 100% correct.
Also going off his fullback and wing defence the last 2 years. We might be in a little trouble.
I hope he proves me wrong if he stays

Doesn't line break, Parker was running great lines of Foran in the first half of the season, and usually carried 2 or 3 defenders with him for try's. But sure, in general attack doesn't usually break the line.
And also there'll be no Foz

Yes you are crazy. The last two season ending injuries had nothing in common except they both happened to Tommy.
Tommy when fit and playing is the best fullback in the world.
That is what he is paid for and that's where he will play.

Nice to see Mestrov state no release also.
Yep, that's my favourite part as well. Not just because it buggers up Newcastle, which is never a bad thing, but also because it's nice to see somebody being held to an existing contract every now and then. Reuben doesn't strike me as the kind of bloke who would ever give less than 100% either, so even if things go wrong and he's not exactly thrilled to be staying, he'll at least give us a little stability at a time when we could really use some.

Ok …. Your crazy!

Just sayin’

Meh. He's due an upgrade. We got him as a centre. Can't recall if he ever had a go, never mind a proper go at centre.

Makes for an interesting pre season any way.

Last pre-season Harper had the back up full back covered.

My money's still with Parker.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8