[Resurrected] Garrick general news thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well they either play out of their skin and force their way inyo the side (a win for Manly)

Or one of them seeks a release and frees up some cap space (a win for Manly)
Wouldn "t want one of them leaving though before Garrick may or more likely may not show that he can be up to necessary i st grade centre standard , Not sure if Brad or Harper can play that much better or show much more improvement either T B H

There’s always so many injuries in the nrl and especially at our club that we need depth.

Having Parker Harper Garrick and koula all able to play multiple positions in the backline will be a positive for us.

We were stronger a couple of years ago when we had Parker Suli and Harper who could all play centre. They all spent a lot of time being injured so the depth was crucial.

Any injuries to Tom or when he is on rep
Duty Garrick will be straight to fullback anyway so having quality experienced players who can play centre will be very important.

The other side of Manly's big offer is it ups the ante if the Knights are that desperate.
I've no doubt we do genuinely want to retain Garrick but he won't be our fullback.
The Knights can give us someone worthwhile if they are that keen.
Jayden Brailey would address a clear deficiency in our team. I’m hoping that we keep Garrick but having said that we have some younger wingers coming through to cover and if that means gaining a player that we have been missing for 3 years then OK.

Not our decision but Mestrov’s comment about matching anything the Knights can offer can’t be realistic in terms of $$ or playing FB given the FB commands big dollars and we have 3 top earners already. Garrick has aspirations of playing rep footy and he won’t displace any of the current FB’s what n the NSW or Kangaroo teams. But then again a positional change might not work either as that’s where the excess FB’s (Tom and Latrell) go.

Even though we are a basket case atm at least we have a new coach coming in and a pretty good roster vs a team that hasn’t got any major change on the horizon along another player that spends more time on the sidelines than playing, kind of like where he is now.

Why are so many on here hell bent on playing our best players out of position.
Tommy...Daley M champion fullback, from fullback can pick and chose when to attack and plays like a 2nd 5/8 sets up try's for Saab and Garrick.
Garrick...out and out try finishing winger and ball runner, prolific goal kicker, scored over 20 try's in 21 mainly from the Foran Tommy combo. Next season it'll be the Schuster Tommy combo.

I can't help but suspect we are raising the stakes. The only way we should even consider it is for a swap for Young and Klemmer. At Manly whilst Tommy is healthy Garrick can play centre or wing not fullback which is what Newcastle are offering him.

Looks like there may be some or a bit more clarity on the salary cap increase and to take into account for these reports of Manly upgrading Rueben . Still not sure if this may be the best way to go with some positional assurances - major upgrade in the process , Fair enough for a realistic wing and goal kicking type upgrade but definitely goes to a dubious stage with a major increase and only a marginal chance for some centre transition . Anyway , Manly are well within their rights to expect Rueben to honor his 2023 contact and sure that a reasonable upgrade can be part of it also .

Manly offering a 4 year extension and the promise to move to the centres.

Good move. Goodbye Parker and Harper. Parker could perhaps play 2nd row.

Not unhappy about that.

Scorpio has been a loyal servant , Manly junior and all round top fella BUT the young blokes offer so much more potential.

He’ll be an excellent reserve , but that’s his he’ll finish at the Sea Eagles.

Garrick has proven himself to be a very good winger - but not elite.
What if he doesn't work out as a center?
I don't like these type of deals... Whatever happened to play where its best for the team?

I note that JAC is still on the wing despite apparently being on fullback money now.

Garrick has proven himself to be a very good winger - but not elite.
What if he doesn't work out as a center?
I don't like these type of deals... Whatever happened to play where its best for the team?

I note that JAC is still on the wing despite apparently being on fullback money now.

I think all it means is the new coach of Manly won't have tunnel vision like Des and actually give him a go at centre.
Obviously if he is a failure, he can go back to the wing. I think he will be good if he can improve his slide defence.

Not unhappy about that.

Scorpio has been a loyal servant , Manly junior and all round top fella BUT the young blokes offer so much more potential.

He’ll be an excellent reserve , but that’s his he’ll finish at the Sea Eagles.
Yep give me Ruben anyday over Parker. Parker great loyal junior as you said but not at the expense of losing Ruben.

Injuries always occur. What fantastic backup Parker & Harper would be.
Downside though is that they both pretty much only play centre... not very versatile.

But think they would be signed up by other clubs.
I think a club can have one of these types of guys, but not both.

Does anyone think that we're holding Garrick at arms length whilst trying to sign Flegler. I'd let Garrick go to get Flegler.

Two centres in Koula and Garrick with some speed, sounds good to me. Might actually give our wingers some space. Harper and Parker as backups for the inevitable injury cough Tom....

So many times this year, Foz created space down that left edge but Harper doesnt have the speed to capatalize on it. Id love to see Shoe, Garrick and Saab cause some havoc down that edge. Though defensively it worries me.

Two centres in Koula and Garrick with some speed, sounds good to me. Might actually give our wingers some space. Harper and Parker as backups for the inevitable injury cough Tom....

So many times this year, Foz created space down that left edge but Harper doesnt have the speed to capatalize on it. Id love to see Shoe, Garrick and Saab cause some havoc down that edge. Though defensively it worries me.
Do u reckon Parker gets the other centre and koula on the wing ? Just a thought or an option.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8