Garrick’s Stocks Rising

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
No not a thread about Reubens investing prowess.

Have been thinking of late about Reubs form this year and have heard it mentioned that some teams might be having a closer look at this guy. Last nights game at fb was great for him as well and he really looked at home there. I think Reubs could be a legit solid fb with work and would not be surprised if some teams start to have a closer look. Not sure when his contract expires but we may need to upgrade him at sone point. Lots of talk preseason about AJ as the cover role for Toms injuries however Reubs for mine fills this well now. It’s wether we can keep him if other teams start to circle. Very good goal kicker as well.

A team like the Broncs would do worse to have Reubs up there in the 1. I actually think a player like Garrick would be a better investment for them than say a Matt dufty. Thoughts?

Last year was so ineffective, speed was down, hit ups- got smashed.
This year he is rakking.

Great game from him last night but he is still a fill in only IMO. He did what was needed and that was to run and not overplay his hand. He has no pass out the back and a front line fullback needs that. Dufty has that in spades.

not taking anything away from Garrick’s wonderful season and excellent contribution last night but I don’t think clubs will be circling him to play 1.

Last edited:
Great game from him last night but he is still a fill in only IMO. He did what was needed and that was to run and not overplay his hand. He has no pass out the back and a front line fullback needs that. Dufty has that in spades.

not taking anything away from Garrick’s wonderful season and excellent contribution last night but I don’t think clubs will be circling him to play 1.
Yeah I’m not as big a fan of Dufty tbh. But agree I don’t think clubs will be lining up for him at 1. He has good value with his kicking tho too. I was calling for his head after the first couple of game but since then he’s been good.

Yeah I’m not as big a fan of Dufty tbh. But agree I don’t think clubs will be lining up for him at 1. He has good value with his kicking tho too. I was calling for his head after the first couple of game but since then he’s been good.
Yeah Dufty certainly has some deficiencies in his game but I think his instincts with the ball are great...a decent coach could coach the mistakes out of his game but he will always be small on those kick returns.

Garrick showed last night that we have a Michael Robinson type player in our stocks after all. A great winger who can plug a hole when called upon.

No not a thread about Reubens investing prowess.

Have been thinking of late about Reubs form this year and have heard it mentioned that some teams might be having a closer look at this guy. Last nights game at fb was great for him as well and he really looked at home there. I think Reubs could be a legit solid fb with work and would not be surprised if some teams start to have a closer look. Not sure when his contract expires but we may need to upgrade him at sone point. Lots of talk preseason about AJ as the cover role for Toms injuries however Reubs for mine fills this well now. It’s wether we can keep him if other teams start to circle. Very good goal kicker as well.

A team like the Broncs would do worse to have Reubs up there in the 1. I actually think a player like Garrick would be a better investment for them than say a Matt dufty. Thoughts?
not fb or ll anymore, got to get used to 4pp now!

He played well last night but the Cowboys were retreating all game and didn’t want to tackle.

Able fill in but I wouldn’t be paying overs for him as an FB

All valid points, but other clubs will see him the way we do, he is a winger that can cover FB and a high quality value add shot for goal, Rubs will be looked at by others especially if his current form holds up for the remainder of the season. Also only 23 and pretty easy to say his best football is ahead of him.

I like him at fullback over anyone else we have played there when Turbo hasn't been available ... always 100% effort, faster than people think, defends well and above average goalkicker .... and gaining in confidence

I reckon it's a big change up for a winger to play in the 1, particularly the modern game.
Garrick is more a catch and run style player, whereas the Top fullbacks including our own Tom T have silky ball skills of a half-5/8 and use those selectives passes to create tries as much as score them, but credit where due - Garrick played a Super game and his confidence when filling in at 1 again will be very good, our best option when Tom is out and far better than his earlier games at fullback.
Garrick is becoming a solid player and not to ruffle feathers, but the papers and media about the hot demand is more a managers ploy.... a handy player and personally like his humble attitude and what he brings to Manly.

He has a respectable chance to be the leagues' leading point scorer this season.
Cleary is the only one ahead of him atm, and Sandwich is more likely to score more tries than him, although his goalkicking is not quite in the same class as Cleary.

So many touches of the footy last night, very impressive I thought. His fitness is fantastic and his attitude of maximum involvement was an eye-opener. Bit like what that whats-his-name has been doing for Storm. Garrick is faster than that guy but not as skilled at passing and kicking, yet he's definitely adding to his value and I agree he seems on an upward trajectory.

I think we can get away with a running fullback because we have two ball playing halves, a half at hooker and usually would have Schu on the edge who is also a ball player.

Foran was outstanding tonight in my opinion, DCE too. They took the pressure off Garrick and let him just run hard

Had the 2nd year syndrome last season and has hit back well after a few poor games earlier in the season
There was talk of offloading him before the season started so he has proved he deserves to be in the team
Wouldn‘t pay overs though to keep him

I would sign him for 350-400k for an extra couple years at the end of the year if he keeps up this form. Last night we had a Michael Robertson old reliable type player filling in for Turbo (Snake), plus his goal kicking has been a lot better.

We’re winning games because we have 2 great wingers now. We have never har a genuine fill-in for turbo but now looks like we may have one in Garrick.

As long as he isn’t asking for huge money I’d be declaring him a priority resigning for sure. I would rather Garrick than Walker & Suli for the money they are on.

If walker leaves we should try and mould Koula as a Centre.

Last edited:
Goalkicking winger with pace to burn who looks like he can cover FB. Give him a new contract ASAP
And Parker , Walker and even Funa still unsigned also . Must be some delicate salary cap balancing and player evaluation and negotiating going on in the back ground but i am sure all four including Garrick ] would prefer to stay on reasonable deals if manageable

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4