Garrick’s Stocks Rising

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Reubs did say after the game last night that fullback doesn't come naturally to him and its different than being on the wing, so I don't think there is much chance of him chasing fullback money. Unlike Valentine Holmes ... Garrick knows he's a winger. He did add that Turbo has actually been helping him out and that he's been training more at fullback so as to be more comfortable at the back if having to fill in.

I have also heard a rumour that the Warriors are interested in Reuben Garrick. With Maumalo off to the Tigpies, and RTS switching to rugby at seasons end ... they'll be in the market for a winger who can play fullback and kick goals. Although I hope he stays at Manly.
The Telgraph is reporting that DWZ from the Bulldogs is moving to the Warriors this season

Reubs did say after the game last night that fullback doesn't come naturally to him and its different than being on the wing, so I don't think there is much chance of him chasing fullback money. Unlike Valentine Holmes ... Garrick knows he's a winger. He did add that Turbo has actually been helping him out and that he's been training more at fullback so as to be more comfortable at the back if having to fill in.

I have also heard a rumour that the Warriors are interested in Reuben Garrick. With Maumalo off to the Tigpies, and RTS switching to rugby at seasons end ... they'll be in the market for a winger who can play fullback and kick goals. Although I hope he stays at Manly.
Yeah I don’t think he’d chase fb money outright. More I think that his ability to cover fb and kick goals certainly makes him a more appealing option.

Pleased to hear Garrick re-signed, I think he's good value.
The club is doing a couple of things right these days. Our recruitment lately has actually been great, this year's new guys Davey (until hurt) Saab and Aloiai have all excelled, we've resigned young guns Schu and Ola. Not to mention Lawton.
Wouldn't surprise if we get a look at a Tuipulotu debut over the next few weeks, he's the mystery man so far.

I don't know if this Q & A Facebook video during the 2020 lockdown has been posted previously. Reuben says his junior positions were centre or fullback.

Only recall Reuben playing as a centre in the Dragon "s 20 "s and reserve grade . Think that he played as a centre in N S W State of origin junior sides

Garrick is certainly a very improved player. His goal kicking has become 1st class and just about that basis alone he is worth his place in the team. At times he does not seems to be a natural footy player although obviously a fine athlete. Presumably he is being mentored by Monaghan and Stewart on running/attack skills. I did notice on Saturday that on a few occasions he had the opportunity to pass to supports who were in better positions and who could have run into the clear, but failed to do so. Hope he can improve in that skill area. But I suspect he is a player who is on the improve and will develop into quite a valuable asset.

The cynic in me suggests his improved form this year is the fact it’s contract year.Hopefully he continues on with this form
I think in Reuben's case the cynicism is unwarranted. His first contract with us was for 1 year (low dollars) and his second contract was for 2 years (I presume low dollars again). For a guy like him, every game is a contract game. And still should be with only a 2 year extension.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6