Game Day Thread .. 9's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seen a shot of him on crutches with strapping on lower leg area.
At least we didn’t get put out by the Storm or the Broncos.
Just as well the Titans couldn’t convert any of their tries.
So far, Drinkwater has been my pick as best player.
And the young winger goes alright too.

Too funny, the crowd was booing the refs after the Red V’s winning try wasn’t one.

Panfers can get on the sauce tonight and cry all the way home.
Late mail has the ruling as correct...
IMG_20200215_201924.jpg

Bit of a disappointing day Manly Fans.

I was never expecting the boys to win it all, but a bit surprised by the lack of creativity by our little blokes today all the same.

Our forwards look great.

ZDC didn't have his best day but still outplayed Croker, Cust, and Ipape by a long way, which is a bit of a worry.

I really like what Reed Izzard showed. A very different body shape in our back row, more of a ball player.

I wonder if there is a bit of pressure on a couple of fringe players in the 30 to keep their spot before kick off?

Wonder if Anderson and Smith are still on the injured list?

Cioran,

Don’t then; why not do what I’ve been doing and feeling a little bit of pity for a couple of sides that have taken teams full of first graders over to Perth, in the pathetic hope of winning the 9’s, as it’ll be the closest thing the get to winning anything this year.

Yes, I do know it’s inappropriate to even a small degree of pity for the slime; maybe I should change that to contempt for them. Ha, they just lost even that chance; losers

Cioran,

Don’t then; why not do what I’ve been doing and feeling a little bit of pity for a couple of sides that have taken teams full of first graders over to Perth, in the pathetic hope of winning the 9’s, as it’ll be the closest thing the get to winning anything this year.

Yes, I do know it’s inappropriate to even a small degree of pity for the slime; maybe I should change that to contempt for them. Ha, they just lost even that chance; losers
I like the way you think. Pity is the right attitude to have toward the Eels and, particularly, their fans.

Corbin Sims rebroke the arm he broke last season, out for 6-8 weeks.

It’s always been a stupid idea for a tournament and this just proves it again.

Too many injuries before the season even starts, the coaches affected will be spewing and rightly so.

Only able to post now but my main thought from all this is that ZDC should be our last dummy half option. He was slow, completely indirect (always sideways or even backwards), had sloppy service and created no energy. Croker has a good kicking game and no-nonsense service, especially shown last night so that would place him (in my eyes) as the primary backup to Walker. He is a calming figure imo and is unlucky not to be starting in the halves somewhere in the NRL.

Good defence last night and control (kicking game, strangling of the Storm attack etc.) but obviously we weren't at all serious about the nines today. We tried in the Cowboys game but didn't really show any intent against the Titans which is understandable. Metcalfe is a great speedster but is not a fullback (as shown when he didn't even bother contest a few kicks). He will need some more time to develop his ability to play a role more, he was understandably playing very individually over the nines.

Sipley was great, stood up and silenced some big forwards (such as the storms kamika dude and the cowboy's JT) with help from Keppi. Ipape was energetic but very panicky. Waddell had some great tackles and passes but also had moments where he was predictable. Overall, can't get much out of the nines but I am happy, did much better than I thought we would of.

I think the only way the Cows will lose the final, is the quick turnaround. The cows have struggled for speed for a while. But now they’ve got Holmes, Drinkwater, and the islander development player. Taumalolo looks to be in top knick. His speed on that turn and chase try saver was awesome.

Only able to post now but my main thought from all this is that ZDC should be our last dummy half option. He was slow, completely indirect (always sideways or even backwards), had sloppy service and created no energy. Croker has a good kicking game and no-nonsense service, especially shown last night so that would place him (in my eyes) as the primary backup to Walker. He is a calming figure imo and is unlucky not to be starting in the halves somewhere in the NRL.

Good defence last night and control (kicking game, strangling of the Storm attack etc.) but obviously we weren't at all serious about the nines today. We tried in the Cowboys game but didn't really show any intent against the Titans which is understandable. Metcalfe is a great speedster but is not a fullback (as shown when he didn't even bother contest a few kicks). He will need some more time to develop his ability to play a role more, he was understandably playing very individually over the nines.

Sipley was great, stood up and silenced some big forwards (such as the storms kamika dude and the cowboy's JT) with help from Keppi. Ipape was energetic but very panicky. Waddell had some great tackles and passes but also had moments where he was predictable. Overall, can't get much out of the nines but I am happy, did much better than I thought we would of.
Spot-on summation Harry. Fully agree.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7