Game Day Thread .. 9's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was a good opportunity to see some of our up comers.

My assessment -

Plenty of effort and the defence in the first game was very good. The next too games we paid for no using the football. We lacked creativity and the kicking options were very poor. Whilst Metcalf is great with the footy his defence needs a lot of work. iMO he is not close to the top 17. Edwin looked good and he looks up to being Hooker rotation.

Metcalf's defensive shortcomings were shown up against the newly well rounded tits

So ... what is the speculation surrounding Kapow's .. vanishing act at the nines ... ???????

or facts .... but do we really want to introduce facts into a conversation .. ??

So ... what is the speculation surrounding Kapow's .. vanishing act at the nines ... ???????

or facts .... but do we really want to introduce facts into a conversation .. ??
I feel like I saw him come out of a tackle in a bit of bother. I would have to watch the replay, but pretty sure he was in some sort of pain there. I also don't thi k he came back on after that.

His passing and short kicking game is usually good, but his defence is iffy and he has an annoying tendency to crowd his outside support players by running diagonally across the field and only passing it off once he's run them out of room.

The kid definitely has potential, but he's not the next coming of Bozo or Cliffy like some were going on about him last year.
Cust sucks

I certainly think we lacked organisational skills out there. After the first game - we looked disjointed against the Cowboys with no real plan to move forward and I didn't watch the Titans but obviously that was woeful. Anyways - game of tiggy really so as long as we are injury free all good - bring on the trials.

Oh no. Well Dessie be available for Round 1 then?

They have you up and walking the same day as surgery for a hip replacement, mind you that’s only about 10 steps.

My next door neighbour had it done, moving pretty well after two weeks , short walks after 4 weeks, almost normal after 8-10 weeks, so it will depend on when it was done.

For current players in 17 for sure garrick good try v storm quick still, waddell busy as always, Marty limited game time we know what he offers one of best props in game.
Sipley looks fit and put some good dints in line, paseka not sure labours along for his size does not own teams, keepie mobile but somewhat quiet, guacamole did not see much.
Most disappointing none of young halfs can control game in cust, croker or metcalf. Metcalf can motor but he a 6 or 7 and they could not organize a root in a .... .

For current players in 17 for sure garrick good try v storm quick still, waddell busy as always, Marty limited game time we know what he offers one of best props in game.
Sipley looks fit and put some good dints in line, paseka not sure labours along for his size does not own teams, keepie mobile but somewhat quiet, guacamole did not see much.
Most disappointing none of young halfs can control game in cust, croker or metcalf. Metcalf can motor but he a 6 or 7 and they could not organize a root in a .... .
Sipley spent the best part of last year in rehab so still getting back to his best, Paseka is huge and is carrying some sort of knee concerns after two injuries last year and he has had ankle issues. Keppie did well I thought and is a great addition. Funa doesn't really stand out apart from that one save near the siren. Gauca is big and good to see the strapping on the knee is gone. Saddler wasn't too prominent so not sure what he has to offer. Marty is without question one of the best props in the game and I'm pretty sure he wasn't going to be flogged for a nothing comp.
They way they run on and off constantly in 9's makes it difficult to get into a rythym so it's hard to judge what the new guys can really offer against 13 when the normal season kicks off and means everything.

Cust sucks

I wouldn't say he sucks. But he's definitely not as good as what some, mostly on social media, were going on about last year. To hear that lot, the worst mistake of Des Hasler's coaching career was not putting Cust straight back into first grade once he returned from injury.

Then again, that same mob at the start of last year had Des permanently moving Turbo to the centres (or in some cases, the wing) and had the untried in senior football Albert Hopoate as our first choice fullback. So I tend to take it with a pinch of salt.

My next door neighbour had it done, moving pretty well after two weeks , short walks after 4 weeks, almost normal after 8-10 weeks, so it will depend on when it was done.
Des was at the Fan Day last Saturday and was walking ok, so I'd say his surgery was some time in the last week. On this basis, Des may or may not be ready for round 1 @Bearfax.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6