Game Day Thread .. 9's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah love all hype talk around titans and dragqueens there turned up with full strength no benefit in this if injury occurs.
I seen bit of potential but it's like watching blacktown essentially for us, Metcalf looked good I thought cust and croker struggled to own games.

Really don’t know what people see in Cust.

That was horrible football by us

His passing and short kicking game is usually good, but his defence is iffy and he has an annoying tendency to crowd his outside support players by running diagonally across the field and only passing it off once he's run them out of room.

The kid definitely has potential, but he's not the next coming of Bozo or Cliffy like some were going on about him last year.

Last edited:
Terrific to see the NRL has revived great Aussie actor Roy Rene to present the medals.
Well that's who I thought it was when I saw the turd with his slimey beard...
downloadfile-1.jpg

I’m like most fans and would like to win the nines.
I want Manly to win every time they play, even want them to win the coin toss.

But not winning this doesn’t upset me as it’s a nothing tournament and getting away without a serious injury is a bonus.

I can name everyone grand final winner for the last 50 years but can’t name who won the last 3 nines tournament's, I think the majority of fans would be the same.

We certainly remember that Manly won three Seven's tournaments though :cool:

Can you imagine the look on Greenturd's face if the Nine's were sponsored by Coca-Cola and Manly won with Pepsi as our major sponsor? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It’s hard to really get a real gauge on each player in this format. I say when it’s 13 on 13 it’s a completely different game with set systems in place. 9s is off the cuff footy where individual brilliant can carry a team.
Just good to get some running in the legs and hope Tents ankle is ok.
Bring on round 1!

Nine's and Seven's are nothing more than a showcase for the fans where the faster players can constantly scoot away for long range tries that they won't always get in the full version of the game. Neither version really has any relevance to the real game except to show the fans who their teams faster players are.

The skill levels when your team has the ball are still virtually the same, but Seven's and Nine's are really all about speed.

A nothing competition only having meaning to loser clubs who know this is their only shot at glory i.e Tits, Parrascum, Chocolate soldiers, Goons and Cows.

Well..... I guess that means a Cows vs Squeels GF this year then?

I’m also guessing that Cooper Johns will just shade Billy Slater for the Brownlow Medal or some sh^t hehe

Nine's and Seven's are nothing more than a showcase for the fans where the faster players can constantly scoot away for long range tries that they won't always get in the full version of the game. Neither version really has any relevance to the real game except to show the fans who their teams faster players are.

The skill levels when your team has the ball are still virtually the same, but Seven's and Nine's are really all about speed.
True. But I’m an old centre/winger, and like @BOZO Im a bit of a speed freak. Used to love the half-time fastest player races on GF day.

Woodsie, the 12th Man's Bill Lawry of rugby league.....

I love him, I wanna boof him, get him up here

boof (third-person singular simple present boofs, present participle boofing, simple past and past participle boofed) (transitive, slang) To have anal sex with someone, usually as the penetrative partner (possibly with negative connotations). (transitive, prison, slang) To conceal (a prohibited item) in one's rectum.

This kick happy style was hard to swallow
The big blokes bent the line and gave opportunity to cash in on, yet nothing really came off the back of it
Metcalfe had moments but in reality it showed why the DCe / Turbo are game changers - 9's or NRL, as with those 2 we win that comp comfortably and not being 1 sided....I think we will if uninjured, will be a very good chance of winning in 2020

lololol

So when was it decided that manly can't beat the titans in any game, in any format, ever?

Thankfully it's only the nines. Who needs an extra mill anyway?!?!

Late mail has the ruling as correct...View attachment 13618

Ah hahaha lolol

I just had a look at the game.

3 officials one of which was the "in goal judge"

No wonder Cummings was just yelling 'walk away' after the game.

No video ref in the nines, because it's too hard for the nrl to be professional. lol

It's either incompetence, of corruption and over the last couple of years the scales seem to be indicating one way.

Lemme guess, the media are all being good boys and girls and pointing it out but not really taking anyone to task.

"Head" of football, Annesley:

“There is no avenue to protest refereeing decisions. Hopefully we won’t see those in the later games, but there is no avenue for a protest for a mistake."

Ok, well that's taken care of then, lol.

Last edited:
True. But I’m an old centre/winger, and like @BOZO Im a bit of a speed freak. Used to love the half-time fastest player races on GF day.

I am with you @wombatgc

My moto is .....

Kill them with your speed and bury them with your smile

Scoring untouched is sheer domination and demoralization

Dominant Dylan Walker exploding into the clear and smiling from ear to ear

dylanwalker2.jpg

Paseka obviously walked off unassisted so hopefully a good sign Shouldn "t affect his i st grade prospects providing he can recover fairly soon

Marty must have picked up a slight injury also , would have helped if he was available yesterday to give a bit more direction . , seemed to miss Croker "s presence as well in that last hit out . Admittedly got close to the Cows in their 2 nd outing with a reasonable effort but that performance against the Titans bordered on the amateurish . Fair enough that a pretty average squad was sent there but again that knock out match against the Titans and considering that there were a few Manly players with N R L experience . was very ordinary and almost directionless .

It didn't look that bad, but he does seem injury prone. He is obviously still carrying some sort of knee concerns from the 2 injuries last season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8